Dave the rave

Met him in Le Pub in January, he was running about taking loads of pics.

Myself and the other esteemed Board members I was with had a quick word with Phil, who made him aware of no pics without our consent, not knowing where they would end up or in what context.  

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Met him in Le Pub in January, he was running about taking loads of pics.

Myself and the other esteemed Board members I was with had a quick word with Phil, who made him aware of no pics without our consent, not knowing where they would end up or in what context.  

I hate that.

I was in a gentleman's club with baldylocks and some geezer got out a big camera and started taking pics.

We told the boss that he should have asked first. Not everybody wants to be snapped in a Thai whorehouse.

Especially in this era of the super offended.

Edited by dcfc2007

6 minutes ago, Mr Mosquito said:

Lol, just a few weeks back Stickman pronounced........"In a last minute reprieve, Dave has secured a new gig. Dave The Rave is a survivor"     :default_1087:

Even when the bars reopen I don't think paying a farang 100k baht is going to be viable for some time.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

45 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Even when the bars reopen I don't think paying a farang 100k baht is going to be viable for some time.

Depends on the bar... when they reopen they need to be managed just like before they closed, and many do require a farang to manage.

I think the problem may be that Dave didn't have the savings to stay in Thailand without work for a couple months. Sounds like the survivor was indeed just surviving. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Esco said:

Depends on the bar... when they reopen they need to be managed just like before they closed, and many do require a farang to manage.

I think the problem may be that Dave didn't have the savings to stay in Thailand without work for a couple months. Sounds like the survivor was indeed just surviving. 

I'm only going by what stickman is reporting, so take it with a pinch of salt. Apparently he has been struggling for a managers gig for some time, a crap year last year and then this. 

We will see what happens when they reopen. It's unlikely tourists will return en masse straight away. A relatively large expense such as a farang managers salary may be down the list of priorities.

I advertise on his blog and made sure that he gor his advertising money on April 1st even though I was closed. I knew he didn’t have much money.
Was then pissed off to hear that he said on his blog that he had lost all his advertisers.....
He hasn’t even got a plane ticket home yet.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 2

18 minutes ago, misteregg said:

I advertise on his blog and made sure that he gor his advertising money on April 1st even though I was closed. I knew he didn’t have much money.
Was then pissed off to hear that he said on his blog that he had lost all his advertisers.....
He hasn’t even got a plane ticket home yet.

9 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

trustme, we have all lost all our advetisers., I have enoug to pay the electiv.,  iots got so much worse now.  but f**k covid.

Advertising budget is usually the first to go in dire times.

I don't know Dave the rave but a lot of people speak fondly of him.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mr Mosquito said:

Lol, just a few weeks back Stickman pronounced........"In a last minute reprieve, Dave has secured a new gig. Dave The Rave is a survivor"     :default_1087:

And as I reported, that is exactly what happened. Dave was offered a marketing job by The Nana Group (owners of Lollipop, Angelwitch and some other bars in Nana Plaza along with The Game, Old English Pub). Dave did two weeks work for them and then they went silent. He asked what was going on. No reply. Would he be paid for the work he did for them? No reply. Was he paid for the work he did? No! That is a rotten way to treat anyone, but especially someone seriously down on his luck who had performed the work you asked of him. And that was the point at which Dave decided he couldn't go on.

Edited by Stickman
  • Great Info 1
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Stickman said:

And as I reported, that is exactly what happened. Dave was offered a marketing job by The Nana Group (owners of Lollipop, Angelwitch and some other bars in Nana Plaza along with The Game, Old English Pub). Dave did two weeks work for them and then they went silent. He asked what was going on. No reply. Would he be paid for the work he did for them? No reply. Was he paid for the work he did? No! That is a rotten way to treat anyone, but especially someone seriously down on his luck who had performed the work you asked of him. And that was the point at which Dave decided he couldn't go on.

Do you ask for people's permission before you post their personal details on your blog? Like you did with Mr Egg?

31 minutes ago, Stickman said:

I've just read your column. 

If I understand correctly he's lived the dream during the 90s and 2000s, arguably could have started his own business but didn't, instead moved from job to job as manager and meanwhile saw his income tanking, has had multiple (!!??) amputations in the process because of his lifestyle and diabetes, and now during the midst of this global crisis decides it's time to pack it in and go home. 

Sorry to read this story even though it sounds like an old boxer who should've retired a long time ago. 

Best wishes to your mate and I hope he gets home soon. As for working for the Nana Grouo, I remember the story of G very well so hardly surprising.

Cheers 

• Thumbs Up 2

18 minutes ago, Stickman said:

Everything written about Dave he has written about publicly himself numerous times. He has written many times about his health issues, his battle with diabetes and his amputations, including posting photos from his hospital bed of the open wounds where the removed body part had once been. He was chuffed with what I wrote yesterday and has posted links to it on Facebook.

As for writing personal things about Mister Egg, I am pretty sure I have never done that. We exchange email from time to time and there has never been an issue that I am aware of. If there is, I am sure he would email me - and any issue would be resolved quickly.

From time to time I will write something which some might consider personal but I will not name the person. Often it is in the telling of something interesting or humorous where the person's identity is not important. An example might be something along the lines of "A well-known bar manager slipped antibiotics in to his wife's soup as he believes he has passed gonorrhea on to her and is trying to fix the problem without admitting to her that he has been shagging one of his girls without a rubber." It might be something amusing or somehow interesting, but the person's identity is not at all important (even though in many cases some people may know who is being referred to).

What about the shit you wrote about Robbie?. 

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, Stickman said:

Everything written about Dave he has written about publicly himself numerous times. He has written many times about his health issues, his battle with diabetes and his amputations, including posting photos from his hospital bed of the open wounds where the removed body part had once been. He was chuffed with what I wrote yesterday and has posted links to it on Facebook.

As for writing personal things about Mister Egg, I am pretty sure I have never done that. We exchange email from time to time and there has never been an issue that I am aware of. If there is, I am sure he would email me - and any issue would be resolved quickly.

From time to time I will write something which some might consider personal but I will not name the person. Often it is in the telling of something interesting or humorous where the person's identity is not important. An example might be something along the lines of "A well-known bar manager slipped antibiotics in to his wife's soup as he believes he has passed gonorrhea on to her and is trying to fix the problem without admitting to her that he has been shagging one of his girls without a rubber." It might be something amusing or somehow interesting, but the person's identity is not at all important (even though in many cases some people may know who is being referred to).

I'm also certain you wrote about Mr Egg and his relationship in a part of your column. Then the hit piece you wrote on a dead man. Did you ask Dave if he was ok with what you were going to write? 

1 minute ago, galenkia said:

Robbie was a top bloke as anyone who knew him will tell you. 

Stick waited until he had died and then decided to write a hit piece on Robbie. Things he would never have dreamed of writing whilst the man was still alive.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, galenkia said:

Robbie was a top bloke as anyone who knew him will tell you.

7 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

Stick waited until he had died and then decided to write a hit piece on Robbie. Things he would never have dreamed of writing whilst the man was still alive.

I think it's time for me to take leave from this board. There are some miserable sods on here who don't like me (which I really couldn't care about) and who seem determined to refer to totally unrelated stuff to try and make a point. I'm happy to defend what I have written on Stickman but to do so I would have to respond with stuff (that I believe is widely known but conveniently ignored) to explain. That would just get people upset and could end up being rather unkind to those not present to defend themselves. So rather than do that I'll do what I should have done already and leave this board permanently. Goodbye.

6 minutes ago, Stickman said:

I think it's time for me to take leave from this board. There are some miserable sods on here who don't like me (which I really couldn't care about) and who seem determined to refer to totally unrelated stuff to try and make a point. I'm happy to defend what I have written on Stickman but to do so I would have to respond with stuff (that I believe is widely known but conveniently ignored) to explain. That would just get people upset and could end up being rather unkind to those not present to defend themselves. So rather than do that I'll do what I should have done already and leave this board permanently. Goodbye.

Sadly, one more poster leaving.....

This board has gone down the hill since a few months, more and more people stopping posting.

Most of them because of a few who can't articulate a proper, augmented answer. TBH, it's becoming worse than Secrets. 

Concerning the subject, everybody on here knows the score I am sure.

• Like 1