Dave the rave

47 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

Sadly, one more poster leaving.....

This board has gone down the hill since a few months, more and more people stopping posting.

Most of them because of a few who can't articulate a proper, augmented answer. TBH, it's becoming worse than Secrets. 

Concerning the subject, everybody on here knows the score I am sure.

If people like stick are gonna criticise people then they should expect backlash. 

He can't have it all his way. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stickman said:

I think it's time for me to take leave from this board. There are some miserable sods on here who don't like me (which I really couldn't care about) and who seem determined to refer to totally unrelated stuff to try and make a point. I'm happy to defend what I have written on Stickman but to do so I would have to respond with stuff (that I believe is widely known but conveniently ignored) to explain. That would just get people upset and could end up being rather unkind to those not present to defend themselves. So rather than do that I'll do what I should have done already and leave this board permanently. Goodbye.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

Sadly, one more poster leaving.....

First one I've noticed. 

Who are the others? 

Edit: Excluding ThinkingAllowed of course. 

Edited by Esco
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Esco said:

First one I've noticed. 

Who are the others? 

Edit: Excluding ThinkingAllowed of course. 

Think he was referring to Ronpho Ray dropping of the COVID- 19 thread.

But really wanting another chance to flog that long dead horse Secrets:default_deadhorse:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Stickman said:

I think it's time for me to take leave from this board. There are some miserable sods on here who don't like me (which I really couldn't care about) and who seem determined to refer to totally unrelated stuff to try and make a point. I'm happy to defend what I have written on Stickman but to do so I would have to respond with stuff (that I believe is widely known but conveniently ignored) to explain. That would just get people upset and could end up being rather unkind to those not present to defend themselves. So rather than do that I'll do what I should have done already and leave this board permanently. Goodbye.

I've nothing against you to be honest. I actually enjoy some of your columns, those columns and photos you compiled of the 2010 red shirt protests were fantastic.

However, in recent years it seems what you revel in the most, is writing about the personal lives of people you claim to have been friendly with.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

I've nothing against you to be honest. I actually enjoy some of your columns, those columns and photos you compiled of the 2010 red shirt protests were fantastic.

However, in recent years it seems what you revel in the most, is writing about the personal lives of people you claim to have been friendly with.

It's called desperation

Why would you want to do it on your own column and then threaten there would be allsorts brought up? (all for clicks) desperation .

Bad enough we are all living in desperate times and all the cockroaches come out too.

Shame I liked his early stuff too.

Edited by roomark
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, roomark said:

It's called desperation

Why would you want to do it on your own column and then threaten there would be allsorts brought up? (all for clicks) desperation .

Bad enough we are all living in desperate times and all the cockroaches come out too.

Shame I liked his early stuff too.

It's certainly strange alright, you wouldn't want to confide in him. Maybe I'm old fashioned but I don't like grasses, splashing somebody's life across an internet column is poor form. He should stick to travel reports, photos and bars, which he is actually quite good at.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

51 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

As he was to Stickman never a trip to Bangkok without meeting up with him.

100% true. I can sure testify to that as the Bitch says ........ had some great nights in BKK .... and days too.

Late night in Titanium last one I remember just before he died:

"C'mon get a drink in ya tight Ozzie cnut (he was not too good on geography was Lobbie) and then he busts  button on his flies .... Stickman what is Thai for button ???.......

Pratuum ...he answered in a second ..... thread and needle appeared shortly afterwards. Larry speaks true :default_drinks:

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Stickman said:

I would give you 6/10 for your valedictory farewell. You really need to pile on the righteous indignation thus disappearing over the hill in a cloud of discarded toys.

There were some absolute classics on the Secrets forum  particularly from members who waited in vain to be begged to come back. In your case, highly unlikely I would think.

Not all is lost.

Maybe Thai Spice could make use of your first two sentences as a template. 🤣

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Jambo said:

I would give you 6/10 for your valedictory farewell. You really need to pile on the righteous indignation thus disappearing over the hill in a cloud of discarded toys.

There were some absolute classics on the Secrets forum  particularly from members who waited in vain to be begged to come back. In your case, highly unlikely I would think.

Not all is lost.

Maybe Thai Spice could make use of your first two sentences as a template. 🤣

he is suing us now for a bruised ankle, seems the door spring was faster than he thought

• Haha 4

Looks like stickman and the forums don't exactly "get on". I've read his weekly online publications for a few years and some I've enjoyed and some I haven't. 

I haven't a scooby doo who Robbie is or Dave the Rave for that matter but it seems that those who did on this forum are in the thinking that they were/are decent guys. Good enough for me. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I also have never met either blokes mentioned , I think that we meet a lot of people in our lives and the term friend / mate is to loosely thrown about ! A bar managers job is to be friendly with the clientele but doesn’t make him a mate ! We all have had friends/mates / acquaintances that have issues / problems in there life that we know / accept but don’t have to spread around !

• Confused 1

So getting back on topic...I only met Dave the Rave once at Le Pub. He came across very self confident and introduced himself to me and my best mate. I thought at one point I had my drink spiked because Dave and Mr Egg next to each other I thought was on the cat walk with Right Said Fred 😂 I can’t un-see that no matter what I do.

Dave is an interesting character and I liked him and would happily meet up for a drink if we was in town again. It’s a shame that this whole BS with the virus is impacting the very core of what we all know of fun. I hope things work out for him back home in England.

Edited by tingtong2k
  • Like 2