Dave the rave

On 4/25/2020 at 9:03 PM, tingtong2k said:

So getting back on topic...I only met Dave the Rave once at Le Pub. He came across very self confident and introduced himself to me and my best mate. I thought at one point I had my drink spiked because Dave and Mr Egg next to each other I thought was on the cat walk with Right Said Fred 😂 I can’t un-see that no matter what I do.

Dave is an interesting character and I liked him and would happily meet up for a drink if we was in town again. It’s a shame that this whole BS with the virus is impacting the very core of what we all know of fun. I hope things work out for him back home in England.

Dave has said that he had his head in the sand and that the glory days of the bar game in Bangkok were long over.

On 4/14/2020 at 3:04 AM, Jambo said:

There were some absolute classics on the Secrets forum  particularly from members who waited in vain to be begged to come back. In your case, highly unlikely I would think.

Im leaving the group.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Looks like he saw the writing on the wall...... He made the right decision...... Thai government extending the lockdown..... entertainment venues at the back of the cue.... airlines making drastic redundancies..... Gatwick airport stating it will take 3 to 4 years before flying improves.

we can bury our heads and pray to get back for a holiday.... but if you ain’t gonna earn wages for years you’re better getting back home

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Mr Mosquito said:

Dave The Rave vows to battle back after losing a leg weeks after receiving AstraZeneca vaccine.

On other fora, when this has been posted, attention has been drawn to Dave's website where he has said:

Dave the Rave.jpg

The leg amputation appears more likely attributable to his diabetes than to the vaccine.

• Like 6
  • Great Info 1

1 hour ago, Bazle said:

On other fora, when this has been posted, attention has been drawn to Dave's website where he has said:

Dave the Rave.jpg

The leg amputation appears more likely attributable to his diabetes than to the vaccine.

Good to see a more balanced view of the earlier headline and probably more accurate. 
wish him well with his recovery and future work which shouldn’t be too adversely affected, despite it being a very life changing operation- hope he can carry on mentally given the physical set back 

2 hours ago, Mr Mosquito said:

It was Dave The Rave who stated "he fears it was linked to the vaccine" "I think it has got to be linked. It has put me off having the second one.” - PattayaOne we're just quoting him.

The underlying thing (for me) is that you can change your circumstances or change your location, but it doesn't mean the grass is going to be greener on the other side.

If I were in his situation I would wonder too if the vaccine didn't trigger an underlying co-morbidity resulting in the loss of a leg. But the fact is, he has underlying health issues that put him at risk for many things an otherwise healthy person would be able to shrug off.

I would be surprised if during the interview with Dave if some mention of his underlying health issues wasn't discussed. Of course that wouldn't fit the narrative PattayaOne wanted to put forward, so that bit of information was conveniently left on editing room floor. 

Looking at his go fund me page I see the latest update isn't good news as he's now undergone a second amputation.

image.png

3 hours ago, Chappo said:

sad to see - i dont believe in begging for money and i wouldn't donate. 

Same as. 

As mentioned previously, he made no allowance for older age and any unforseen circumstances. No time for online begging unless it's for something like a child needing life saving treatment not available on the NHS in the UK for example. 

25 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Same as. 

As mentioned previously, he made no allowance for older age and any unforseen circumstances. No time for online begging unless it's for something like a child needing life saving treatment not available on the NHS in the UK for example. 

its ok - UK tax payers will fund his health recovery and give him a flat and money - maybe he could also claim disablement - after all he has paid into the UK system all his life ... 

\

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Chappo said:

its ok - UK tax payers will fund his health recovery and give him a flat and money - maybe he could also claim disablement - after all he has paid into the UK system all his life ... 

\

Same like the pricks without travel insurance on the ponce, own fucking fault. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, galenkia said:

Same as. 

First of all I will say that it is very sad and just another story of a former Thailand expat who has seen the situation for them go from the ultimate dream (for many) and turn into a nightmare.  The story of Barney is also a very sad one and shows that the land of smiles will not treat everyone the same. Dave's need to come home after his business nose dived is a common theme in why many leave Thailand.

Still the UK is the one country that will take care of its own and there will be many things the government will do for him.  Not totally in touch with the depth of the story so not sure why a go fund me page has been started unless he has dependents and debts such as mortgages etc.  If he has a house it will no doubt be made safe and accessible for him care of the NHS trust or local council etc. It is something though that most of us will not experience and he and people like Barney need our sympathy for their present predicament even if we don't share sympathy for the reasons why they got in their situation in the first place.

He seems to have a good support network who will keep him going, I wish him well. 

• Like 1