Thai Government to promote a healthly Thailand after covid 19 by enforcing current smoking laws to boost Tourisum!

eyes4thais

11 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Money.

The only time law is applied in Thailand is when there is money to be made from it.

Well if it increases Tourism then there is your money! It's one of the reason I started to go back to the Philippines.

1 minute ago, eyes4thais said:

Well if it increases Tourism then there is your money! It's one of the reason I started to go back to the Philippines.

I don't think it really matters that much does it?

I'm a non-smoker, as long as nobody is smoking around me when I'm eating I'm all good.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well it matters to me, I'm ok with people smoking, it there life but I don't like it inconveniencing me. So if they enforce the ban they can still smoke, but they have to go outside the bar, so as not to inconvenience other. not as ifit cold out there!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, jezza said:

the smoking ban happened here a long time ago now, it didn't last very long have you any idea why bar owners put the ash trays back and allowed smoking in bars.

Same will happen again ( bar owners putting ash trays ( tikkiaburis ) back in the bars ) .... 

I won't sit in a bar and drink beers if I cannot smoke ... I am certain I can find many other places that does not care either way ....

• Thumbs Up 1

This topic presupposes there is an "after covid 19".

The covid 19 genie ( and its subsequent mutated versions) is out of the bottle and is never going to go away. The world will simply get used to it like the flu and learn to accept that a percentage of the worlds population is going to die from it every year. After it has wiped out a disproportionate number of old farts ( hopefully not including me but who knows) the percentage will eventually settle down at a politically acceptable number.

So I would suggest the highly doubtful idea that Thailand might actually enforce smoking restrictions (or not) is the very least of our worries. 🤣

• Like 2

7 hours ago, jezza said:

the smoking ban happened here a long time ago now, it didn't last very long have you any idea why bar owners put the ash trays back and allowed smoking in bars.

YES...Because it was not enforced and bar owners know that smokers are controlled by their habit 24/7, and if a bar does not allow it, they will move to a bar that does.

The non smoker is not controlled, nor do they have the collective dedication and unity shown by  smokers and will generally go with the flow.  It is only later when the non smoker starts to get itchy eyes and a sore throat does it start to impact.

Yes, So I see why bar owners are reluctance to ban smoking, and that is why it will only work if it is enforced by government, like it is done in most of the civilised western world.

14 hours ago, eyes4thais said:

YES...Because it was not enforced and bar owners know that smokers are controlled by their habit 24/7, and if a bar does not allow it, they will move to a bar that does.

The non smoker is not controlled, nor do they have the collective dedication and unity shown by  smokers and will generally go with the flow.  It is only later when the non smoker starts to get itchy eyes and a sore throat does it start to impact.

Yes, So I see why bar owners are reluctance to ban smoking, and that is why it will only work if it is enforced by government, like it is done in most of the civilised western world.

there is a niche in the market then according to you, go open a bar with zero tolerance smoking you will make a fortune.