Donations welcome UPDATED WITH NEW APPEAL VID

4 hours ago, tommy dee said:

doing our best and its an amazing amount, but of course already spent.  currently we have rice, water, eggs and baby milk... and the dosh is slowing down, which I guess is to be expected.  the situation will remain the same thru to maybe october as most places wont open and 0 tourism.  the queues are dire.

Suzi quatro did me a big favour and recorded an intro and outro for a video we will put out as part of the drive in about a week or so, this week we hope to have a good new video that shows whats going on  too.  been very lucky as lots of help.  this week mon tues we loaded tens of trucks with food and grocery bags, packed by unemployed musicians who helped last week for the day.. they are all broke too. 

its not going to be a quick fix thats for sure and for us this has become the main part of our day.  it does keep some in jobs with us tho, and the radio is just about Ok fro now

thx

Might I ask why it is necessary for somebody like your goodself to provide this obviously much needed service to the local Thai community in Pattaya?

Surely it is the local authorities who should be setting up food banks to provide meals to local Thai's who have no way of supporting themselves.

Are they providing a similar service in other area's of Pattaya?

Are they assisting you? 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, Jambo said:

Might I ask why it is necessary for somebody like your goodself to provide this obviously much needed service to the local Thai community in Pattaya?

Surely it is the local authorities who should be setting up food banks to provide meals to local Thai's who have no way of supporting themselves.

Are they assisting you? 

I didn't dare to ask..... 

16 hours ago, Jambo said:

Are they assisting you? 

no they arent.  and we dont get any assistance.  it hnk in a lot of cases its the old head in the sand trick

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tommy dee said:

no they arent.  and we dont get any assistance.  it hnk in a lot of cases its the old head in the sand trick

I rather thought that would be your answer.

I imagine that they would be too embarrassed to thank you for your services to the local Thai community.

Given how much employment of Thai's in Pattaya is dependant directly or indirectly on tourism it is going to get a lot worse before it gets better. What happens when the hundreds who depend upon such assistance maybe number a thousand or possibly several thousands?

• Like 2

this is our latest6 promo.. and expect to have spent  500,000 in three weeks on food by sunday..  amazing response and those from here, a huge thanks.  by sunday it will have all been spent.  and accounted for

if anyone here is in a good mood, pls could you share on socials  thx

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 4/19/2020 at 5:17 PM, tommy dee said:

this is more aimed at that those away from pattaya as I know many here already are giving.  and no pressure, dont want to five thats fine, just for this one thread would appreciate it not being thread f*d as having seen the lines of people in their hundreds around the area,  having flogged everything they have, tc, gold the lot.. queuing in the sun, I dont see any point in humour or TF ing here.

worth a read at least and maybe you can share it 

thanks in advance

Tommy

https://gogetfunding.com/fabulous-103fm-food-funding-for-the-poor-in-pattaya-thailand/

I struggled a bit with this one Tom as in my opinion it's time the Thai government and the billionaires backing them put their hands in their pockets to save the people in need.

Nevertheless I slung in a few quid as I have a lot of respect for what you guys are doing. Cheers. 

• Thumbs Up 3

3 hours ago, Esco said:

I struggled a bit with this one Tom as in my opinion it's time the Thai government and the billionaires backing them put their hands in their pockets to save the people in need.

Nevertheless I slung in a few quid as I have a lot of respect for what you guys are doing. Cheers. 

i saw that :), not a NAME EASILY FORGOTTEN AND MANY THANKS m.  WE SPENT 220k SINCE SUNDAY, MOST WILL BEW GONE BY FRIDAY.  SO AS IT COMES IN SO IT GOES OUT.  AGAIN CHEERS.  AND STAY SAFE

Put Mr. Egg to work yesterday, and he was a huge help.  it was a long day, start 5am for me and last drop at 5PM.  so we used Phil as a mule to load people up.  Big thanks mate

I think he will agree, seeing 600 people quing for food, along with their kids is daunting

we all have our opinions on covid, but this isnt about that, its the end result on the people :)  😞 

our new vid appeal goes out today, well last night..  PLEASE SHARE IT..  11000 views on FB already.  and it is hoped to keep us going.  Suzi Q and the Stones made it possible

T

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Nickrock said:

Awesome how the hell did you get susi quarto and the stones to help out 

Plus great camera man he's wasted on a radio station

suzie and her family are pals of mine which helps and Micj J's brother i know well too so it was all easier than it would normally be :)  the camera shots, well we are pretty good at that now, the editing took ages.  we had a version tuesday but we werent happy so went back to the cutting floor, as they say.   its only as good as the money it brings in.  13K views so far .. now we have to hope for the dosh. 

did I name drop enough there 55555 sorry

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

59 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

suzie and her family are pals of mine which helps and Micj J's brother i know well too so it was all easier than it would normally be 🙂 the camera shots, well we are pretty good at that now, the editing took ages.  we had a version tuesday but we werent happy so went back to the cutting floor, as they say.   its only as good as the money it brings in.  13K views so far .. now we have to hope for the dosh. 

No your not sorry don't pretend you don't do it well

• Haha 1

On 5/16/2020 at 4:00 AM, tommy dee said:

suzie and her family are pals of mine which helps and Micj J's brother i know well too so it was all easier than it would normally be 🙂 the camera shots, well we are pretty good at that now, the editing took ages.  we had a version tuesday but we werent happy so went back to the cutting floor, as they say.   its only as good as the money it brings in.  13K views so far .. now we have to hope for the dosh. 

Good to hear the appeal continues to help those in need.

If it’s Chris Jagger you mention above, then he lives close to my folks near Glastonbury. Plays the odd Gig in a few local pubs. Seems to be an ok bloke, and my mate serviced his Land Rover. It’s great the stones have helped as well as Suzi Q 

• Like 1

On 5/13/2020 at 7:05 AM, Esco said:

Me too.

I've sent a few bob to Khun Toy at the HHN and the Pattaya Orphanage. 

She said the govt hasn't given them a single bit of help.

I will send a few bob Tommy's way next week.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

14 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

Me too.

I've sent a few bob to Khun Toy at the HHN and the Pattaya Orphanage. 

She said the govt hasn't given them a single bit of help.

I will send a few bob Tommy's way next week.

Although Pattaya with its dependance on tourism is suffering greatly the enforced closure of business and its effect on the local population appears to be far from restricted to tourist areas. 

We are back in Mae Sot now some 650 klms from Pattaya and Sai showed me a couple of days ago similar photo's of extended queue's of Thai's waiting for food hand outs here in the Town. I had no idea things were so bad locally. 

The Tak province only has had 3 confirmed cases and none for weeks. However, the local authorites have enforced stringent restrictions and many business types are still closed. 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Jambo said:

Although Pattaya with its dependance on tourism is suffering greatly the enforced closure of business and its effect on the local population appears to be far from restricted to tourist areas. 

We are back in Mae Sot now some 650 klms from Pattaya and Sai showed me a couple of days ago similar photo's of extended queue's of Thai's waiting for food hand outs here in the Town. I had no idea things were so bad locally. 

The Tak province only has had 3 confirmed cases and none for weeks. However, the local authorites have enforced stringent restrictions and many business types are still closed. 

That's a terrible shame, I would imagine there are similar scenes all over the country. Time to lift the emergency decree and get back to work. 

• Thumbs Up 1

This question was asked on another forum and I haven't seen an answer yet. Seems like a perfectly legitimate question to me.

Not wishing to denigrate or in any way discourage the commendable efforts and contributions of those involved in free food distribution in Pattaya, I bring my Q here.

Who are all these people queuing.......are they long term Pattaya residents or migrant workers from Isaan who either got stranded here or chose to stay?

For the latter group, given there is no prospect of recovery for at least months and with domestic travel restrictions being eased/lifted, wouldn't it be better to assist repatriation than to keep feeding them here?
I read of food packs costing 100+/day versus bus tickets to Isaan costing 3-500 Baht.
I read that NWG is experiencing problems raising enough cash to maintain momentum, but why keep all those people here artificially if their jobs will not return in the near future?
I hear the optimism about some(?) bars opening soon, but without incoming tourists that isn't going to get many of these people back to work.

Yes I appreciate that such people may still need assistance, but the cost of staying at home is a lot less than staying here.

• Like 1