Best Pattaya Bar

dcfc2007

Used to like the Best Friends Complex on beach road and particularly the Blue Lagoon Beer Bar and Ago Go at the back of the complex. Was quite a large bar with a Jacuzzi on site.

On the dark side I loved the Aqua Demi, their girls always friendly and their pizzas to die for.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Up until maybe five years ago my preference were the darkside bars. Favorite was Titty Twister. Cheap drinks, live music, swimming pool, ST rooms out back, good friends. What more could you ask for.

Used to go to the Titty Twister regularly when I lived on the dark side. Good band, good fun although I think the owner Marc is no longer with us from memory.

1 hour ago, Horizondave said:

Used to go to the Titty Twister regularly when I lived on the dark side. Good band, good fun although I think the owner Marc is no longer with us from memory.

Yes, killed in a motorcycle accident in the Philippines in 2017. RIP

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Ivan the terrible said:

i wonder what the bar diversity will be post covid...nightwish must be hurting

NWG may lose some bars. They have been trying to get rid of the two gentleman's clubs they opened on Soi Bongkot, but they will be ok. However, I think the group will come out of this disaster fairly intact. 

12 hours ago, galenkia said:

Soi 8 was the bollocks 20 years ago. 

Love Lucifers as well. 

King Kong bar in soi 6 back in the day, would get sucked off in the bar by a regular of mine. 

Gal,

King Kong back in the late 1990s had some massive arvos there,we would regular be there each arvo,only non condom time in LOS ever there, first day back in LOS feb 1997 wee girl straight off the farm,her new to the "show" and me pissed.can't remember her face but small,firm body and tits to die for.she become a favourite of the lads,first in,first served,know what I mean.

regards

grayray

Edited by grayray

On 4/26/2020 at 9:23 AM, galenkia said:

Soi 8 was the bollocks 20 years ago. 

Love Lucifers as well. 

King Kong bar in soi 6 back in the day, would get sucked off in the bar by a regular of mine. 

f**k all bars left on soi 8 now.

Soi 7 is in a sorry state affairs now.

Most of the bars have about 3 or 4 girls at most.

Shooters is the only bar with any decent totty but crazy, crazy barfines.

• Great Info 1

3 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

f**k all bars left on soi 8 now.

Soi 7 is in a sorry state affairs now.

Most of the bars have about 3 or 4 girls at most.

Shooters is the only bar with any decent totty but crazy, crazy barfines.

I give all of them a swerve now they are shite ..

Though 7 was ok last Songkran day

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

NWG may lose some bars. They have been trying to get rid of the two gentleman's clubs they opened on Soi Bongkot, but they will be ok. However, I think the group will come out of this disaster fairly intact. 

They'll be wobbling after todays not surprising announcement of another months lockdown to May 31st

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, roomark said:

I give all of them a swerve now they are shite ..

Though 7 was ok last Songkran day

Yep. I used to love sitting outside Rosie O'Grady's with a pint and watching the freakshow unfold. Last few years the soi has been stone dead, Rosie's has called it a day now as well. That soi will be mostly hotels, shops and restaurants within the next 10 years.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RR007 said:

They'll be wobbling after todays not surprising announcement of another months lockdown to May 31st

Their farang bar managers will be hurting the most. No pay or commission and now that 90% of the girls have gone back to the provinces, no more 'finders fees'. I've seen a few of them selling their motorbikes and games consoles on social media, sad really.

Edited by dcfc2007

25 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

Beer Garden for me- watch the sun go down with a few beers before kicking on with the night.

Good call, can't beat the location.

As someone else posted though it's a lot to do with the company you keep and general vibe in whatever bar at any particular time.

Enjoyed the Rockhouse last time I was in Pattaya with Alex and @Horizondave

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 4

Lucifer's about 7-10 years ago was rocking. It was such a fun night, decent band and some right totty. Since its renovation it has become another ibar with roid heads trying to woo the birds with their bottles of vodka.

• Sad 1

I think the bars who survive this will do well, eventually!

Less bars, less competition,  and people who use them will come back, eventually, when Thailand eases restrictions on bars, travel etc as well. 

It's when!

10 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

Yep. I used to love sitting outside Rosie O'Grady's with a pint and watching the freakshow unfold. Last few years the soi has been stone dead, Rosie's has called it a day now as well. That soi will be mostly hotels, shops and restaurants within the next 10 years.

one thing I hated about Rosies was those bloody stairs upto the pisser.

good food,friendly barstaff,great manager when Mal was there.

regards

grayray

• Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, grayray said:

one thing I hated about Rosies was those bloody stairs upto the pisser.

good food,friendly barstaff,great manager when Mal was there.

regards

grayray

The toilets were a bit of a trek alright. 

The food was pretty decent, good Aircon, good pool table and very reasonable prices.

Definitely one of the better 'pubs' in town. A real shame it has gone.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/27/2020 at 6:48 PM, Lemondropkid said:

Beer Garden for me- watch the sun go down with a few beers before kicking on with the night.

Yea, I agree ...

All the bars just end up being one big blur for me in the morning .... none of them really mattered to me ... just another place to get a cold one ...

But, I always liked the Beer Garden watching the sun go down ... the breeze off the sea .. and 5 -6 cold ones before as you say "kicking on with the night " ...

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1