Lazada online shopping, i'm impressed.......

Pumpuynarak

Would you believe my trusty Logitech wifi mouse finally bit the dust after many years of loyal service, now i'm f***** i thought. Well i did have an old one i could use as a replacement until i could get a new Logitech but it had problems thats why i replaced it. Now with all the stores closed i'm thinking how can i get a new one, no probs i've used Lazada before and always found them to be reliable so on to their website i went, found just what i was looking for a Logitech silent wifi, ordered 2 just so i have a new spare. 390bht each with 79bht delivery, they indicated delivery would be between the 6/5 - 11/5 never mind 😬  

Would you believe the delivery guy turned up the following day, i'm impressed. I can quite see why customers are switching to online shopping and certainly during these very difficult times with stores closed.

Just as a matter of interest i started looking at what else was for sale with Lazada, would you believe sexy gear (wifey likes to surprise me from time to time) and wait for it SEX TOYS, pages and pages of em !!!

Now i'm sure i'm right sex toys are illegal in Thailand ? This is'nt some Pattaya stall by the roadside but a mainstream Thai company advertising for all to see.

Amazing Thailand indeed lol

• Like 4

Yeah, when "non-essential" shops are closed the online stores are a blessing, or even more so than they are in normal times. When the shit first hit the fan here I needed alcohol hand gel and spray but everywhere was sold out in my area of Pattaya. No problem on Lazada, though, and I'm still using what they delivered back then. I usually buy something from them at least once a week. If I'm not in when they come, they just leave the package with the village security guard and I pay him when I get back.

Amazon has been doing huge business back in the UK, my older brother's even getting his gin supplies from them (Lazada can't sell booze yet, unfortunately), and unlike the supermarkets you don't have to wait two months for a delivery slot. Back in the UK on my home town's FB page, when they started doing the Thursday round of applause for the NHS workers, some wag suggested they should do the same once a week for the online store delivery drivers, lol.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Toy Boy said:

Yeah, when "non-essential" shops are closed the online stores are a blessing, or even more so than they are in normal times. When the shit first hit the fan here I needed alcohol hand gel and spray but everywhere was sold out in my area of Pattaya. No problem on Lazada, though, and I'm still using what they delivered back then. I usually buy something from them at least once a week. If I'm not in when they come, they just leave the package with the village security guard and I pay him when I get back.

Amazon has been doing huge business back in the UK, my older brother's even getting his gin supplies from them (Lazada can't sell booze yet, unfortunately), and unlike the supermarkets you don't have to wait two months for a delivery slot. Back in the UK on my home town's FB page, when they started doing the Thursday round of applause for the NHS workers, some wag suggested they should do the same once a week for the online store delivery drivers, lol.

Good to hear. I think i'm going to be doing more and more online shopping in the future, its obviously the way to go despite having some sympathy with high street shops and their lack of customers.

I'll agree with you about stuff that is ordered that is in Thailand but if it says it's coming from overseas ( China ? ) then be prepared for a long wait, longest for me was about 6 weeks and that was maybe 3 weeks after their suggested delivery dates. Plus if you're after the ''sexy'' things then the sizes quoted are let's say not quite correct, I'm thinking they make the gear for the western market and something sold as an XS or even an S will more than likely hang off an S sized woman here.

• Great Info 2

Yea .... Lazada is great !

I ordered a new freezer from them about 2 weeks ago .... we drove an hour to Home Pro down in the deep South prior ... they wouldn't sell to us because  of the lockdown ....

Went back home and it "dawned on me " to use Lazada ... so Beach Gal got on line found the one she wanted and voila !

They said it would take 1 week for delivery .. it showed up in 3 days ...

Mind you it is not easy to find where I live in the jungle next to the sea in the deep South ...

I usually have them send to my flat in BKK and when I go back just put in the "Beast" and bring back with me ...

5 hours ago, Toy Boy said:

I use Amazon a lot for stuff I can't buy in shops locally. 

If I can buy it from a shop in town I would rather use them as they need our custom. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Amazon just delivered me a 70cl bottle of Jameson stout cask whiskey,£20 & free postage was an offer I couldn't refuse,especially as a 70cl bottle of the normal stuff is £30 in the Spar shop in the village.

• Great Info 1

11 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Is that gravy any good ?

Because I have been tempted to buy it a couple of times ....

I have a friend bring it to me from the UK when he goes back its very nice they make a curry sauce as well and in the UK very cheap compared to getting it here

12 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

The shipping costs from anything Amazon is a no go with me ....

Yep, often I want to order books from Amazon, but the shipping cost makes it prohibitive.

And, except for basic (one time read and throw), I don't like e-books.

1 hour ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

^^^^ Yea .. e-books I am not into either ..

I don't mind audio books - listen to while I fall asleep ...

But nothing better than a regular book ....

Bought myself a kindle about two years ago, it's in a drawer somewhere. As you say can't beat a regular book.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I always order from Lazada...

However, I never use my bank card... always pay 'Cash on Delivery'.. as you never know...

Also.. I tend to select from sellers who have a 4 star rating,or more, or the product has a high rating number...

another tip is.. 'Location' always tick 'Local' as if you order from overseas, expect a long wait..

Also, beats going to a multitude of shops, only to find the item I need.... is not in stock...

This shop is good for UK Expats... have Gravy,Sauces, etc etc

https://www.lazada.co.th/food-variety/?langFlag=en&q=All-Products&from=wangpu&pageTypeId=2

Inkedlaz_LI.jpg

Edited by miko
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 5/2/2020 at 8:15 PM, Thai Spice said:

Yep, often I want to order books from Amazon, but the shipping cost makes it prohibitive.

And, except for basic (one time read and throw), I don't like e-books.

On 5/2/2020 at 8:36 PM, code_slayer_bkk said:

^^^^ Yea .. e-books I am not into either ..

I don't mind audio books - listen to while I fall asleep ...

But nothing better than a regular book ....

I'm definitely the opposite on e-books.  I used to lug 4-5 books with me on a 1 month trip to LOS, and still had to pick up some more in country.  To be fair, I don't sleep on aircraft so from Texas that's one book each way.

Since the kindle came out I've got hundreds of books at my finger tips and when I want a new one here it's in my kindle within a few minutes of ordering.  Interestingly, they still charge Texas sales tax on books due to my credit card billing address, even though the few physical orders I've made with them over the last few years have gone to Thailand and aren't taxed.

1 hour ago, tko said:

I'm definitely the opposite on e-books.  I used to lug 4-5 books with me on a 1 month trip to LOS, and still had to pick up some more in country.  To be fair, I don't sleep on aircraft so from Texas that's one book each way.

Since the kindle came out I've got hundreds of books at my finger tips and when I want a new one here it's in my kindle within a few minutes of ordering.  Interestingly, they still charge Texas sales tax on books due to my credit card billing address, even though the few physical orders I've made with them over the last few years have gone to Thailand and aren't taxed.

I'm with you there. Plus there are many of the greatest works of literature that are out of copyright and are free to download as e-books, whereas you'd still have to pay good money for a paper copy. And, of course, for the cheap charlies (guilty as charged, your honour!) you can usually find a free (if legally dubious) e-copy of just about any popular book floating around on the internet.

• Like 1