goodbye 747 from manchester uk

thunder367

51 minutes ago, nampla69 said:

Old Greta must be happy as a hippo in mud and shite right now ..... no more cheap air travel ..... what a depressing thought !!!

Her celebrity pals and wealthy donors won't have no problems flying on their private jets. Meanwhile working class people are looking at a 50% increase in the price of flights.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

My last flight in a  747 was KLM from Schiphol to Bangkok and due to the delapidated state of my seat proved to be the most uncomfortable long flight of my life. I remember wondering how worn out was those parts of the aircraft that kept it up and going forward. 🙂

15 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

Her celebrity pals and wealthy donors won't have no problems flying on their private jets. Meanwhile working class people are looking at a 50% increase in the price of flights.

Actually, that might not be so bad. If the passengers are distanced then Economy will be more like Premium Economy and it'll still be cheaper.  

8 hours ago, Binlid said:

Eva back in 2007 was my last flight in a 747

I'm racking my brains and actually think for me it was that ill fated Phuket Air 747 that 4 days after I flew it Bangkok Gatwick the aircraft was condemned and never flew again lol must have been around 2006 or  slightly earlier

4 hours ago, RR007 said:

I'm racking my brains and actually think for me it was that ill fated Phuket Air 747 that 4 days after I flew it Bangkok Gatwick the aircraft was condemned and never flew again lol must have been around 2006 or  slightly earlier

Do you not mean the One Two GO airline crash on Phuket?

That was Sept 2007 and a 717 

@Steelers4Life Remember this?

Edited by roomark
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, roomark said:

Do you not mean the One Two GO airline crash on Phuket?

That was Sept 2007 and a 717 

@Steelers4Life Remember this?

No the Phuket Air aircraft was found on a spot inspection at Gatwick to be so seriously defected (few days after I landed) that it was grounded indefinately on that day and never flew again. Even the transponder didnt work lol

Quite a few articles on it

Screenshot_2020-05-08 BBC NEWS UK Third flight abandoned by airline.png

• Thanks 1

What was quite staggering about that Phuket air flight was my Girlfriend was a travel agent and at the time of flight she was 6 months pregnant. When I subsequently said WTF did you put me on that motor she said big commission 5000 Baht....just like that lol

Money number 1 despite being 6 months up the duff with my son lol

• Haha 1

Last time on a 747 was eventful 😀

Went to Sharm El Sheikh with 3 mates for a 4 day pissup booked through XL.Com. On the way back they had 2 flights leaving, ours to Gatwick and one to Manchester. The Manchester plane had a problem so they dug out this old 747 and put us all on it to go to Gatwick. 

It was an old ex Air France plane.Not long after take off a siren would randomly go off. Then it came to landing. 😀

Pilot goes down then aborts, says vision is poor so gonna land on autopilot. Aborts again saying the autopilot ain't working properly so will have to land manually. By now you can hear the stress in his voice. Passengers looking nervous but we were all pissed so did not care.Woman in the row next to me was holding her cross and praying. 

Goes in again and hits the ground hard, thought the undercarriage was gonna collapse but we made it. 😀

• Thumbs Up 1

I flew premium economy on EVA's 747s from Vancouver to Taipei  return from 2007 to a couple of years ago when they changed it to 777s, which they had already been flying from the western American airports for some years; I really liked the 747 and especially enjoyed one trip where i got to sit up top when it was still business class - for some strange reason they re-configured the plane  later to have business class in the front, premium economy in the middle, and part of economy upstairs....now they have changed to a 787 for this route and have no premium economy anymore which is why I booked with Cathay Pacific for my last trip over...

Ahhhh good old bullshit beardy Branson....can always rely on him to support UK industry....except when he specced the GE engines on all Virgin's new 744's instead of RR. 

Screw him and his £500 million bailout. 

Edited by Shaksey
  • Thumbs Up 2