Couple of old pics

2 hours ago, coxyhog said:

Me & Wayne Tischburn

scan0016.jpg

Brilliant pictures, can’t believe how thin Wayne is in it ! Spent many an afternoon just talking crap with him, initially at the Chicken but more so at the Hare House. 
I’m guessing you know all the old hashers etc ?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Scotty said:

Brilliant pictures, can’t believe how thin Wayne is in it ! Spent many an afternoon just talking crap with him, initially at the Chicken but more so at the Hare House. 
I’m guessing you know all the old hashers etc ?

No I knew Wayne from when he & Noi had Nacho Noi's Mexican restaurant.I used to go into the Chicken to have a chat with him(& have a Mex breakfast) but didn't know anyone else in there.Early 1980's we used to play golf out of Caesars Bar & I think those were the last times Wayne ever got any exercise apart from climbing up to the roof for a toke.

Talking earlier about the way the girls were different back then,Noi owned Nacho Noi's & when she divorced Wayne to go to the US she sold it & gave him half of the proceeds.That financed his interest in the Chicken & without it he'd have been screwed.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, coxyhog said:

No I knew Wayne from when he & Noi had Nacho Noi's Mexican restaurant.I used to go into the Chicken to have a chat with him(& have a Mex breakfast) but didn't know anyone else in there.Early 1980's we used to play golf out of Caesars Bar & I think those were the last times Wayne ever got any exercise apart from climbing up to the roof for a toke.

Talking earlier about the way the girls were different back then,Noi owned Nacho Noi's & when she divorced Wayne to go to the US she sold it & gave him half of the proceeds.That financed his interest in the Chicken & without it he'd have been screwed.

😂, I climbed the stairs a fair few times with Wayne. 
One helluva character. 

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, grayray said:

think that is just Nampla taking the piss :default_crazy:

regards

grayray

Is that fella with the poofta look on his face grinding against you in the last pic Ray mate ???

You were all pissed so ...... ?? What went on in Angeles stayed in ..... :default_drinks:

• Great Info 1
  • Haha 2

Caesars Bar used to be to the left of what is now the police station.Tim of Tim Beer Bar & her hubby started out with a small seafood place somewhere behind it.

He was having a price war with the Goodwin which was next left when I took this,Singha 19b.

In the early 80's Mike Smith worked 14/14 offshore in the middle east.His bar was always empty when he was working,as it was here,me & the guy in the stripes were the only customers.

scan0021 copy.jpg

Edited by coxyhog
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

35 minutes ago, Starshine said:

A true feel good thread to cheer us all up...thanks Coxy.

Here here, though thinking I missed the best of it being in school  in the 1980's😄 Beer at 19 baht and a paved beach road, that looked just fine.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

great pictures coxy Caesars bar was my first local in patts in 87 and I knew mike smith very well do you mind if I share the pictures on fb to a few old timers that are still about

Edited by nadia
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, nadia said:

great pictures coxy Caesars bar was my first local in patts in 87 and I knew mike smith very well do you mind id I share the pictures on fb to a few old timers that are still about

Yes mate mention me Dave Cox maybe someone remembers me.

Mike did a runner any ideas where he ended up? I heard loads of rumours.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, coxyhog said:

Yes mate mention me Dave Cox maybe someone remembers me.

Mike did a runner any ideas where he ended up? I heard loads of rumours.

yep he did a runner with a bit of money from my mate (amonst others ) he phoned up when we was in London and apologised when he was pissed  he was in luton then someone said they saw him at heathrow cabbing in about 99, my mate just run up a big bar bill at Cesar's oye was not happy , he was knocking of a caddie at siam , cheers dave ill post them and let you know , I wonder whether we would have been in the bar at the same time ? 

24 minutes ago, nadia said:

yep he did a runner with a bit of money from my mate (amonst others ) he phoned up when we was in London and apologised when he was pissed  he was in luton then someone said they saw him at heathrow cabbing in about 99, my mate just run up a big bar bill at Cesar's oye was not happy , he was knocking of a caddie at siam , cheers dave ill post them and let you know , I wonder whether we would have been in the bar at the same time ? 

You never know mate