Passport required to play golf

Spacedog

Just reading in order to play golf in Chonburi while the Covid19 crisis is ongoing foreigners will need to show current passport with an entry stamp showing at least 14 days entry before the game of golf. Currently as there are no international arrivals it should not be a problem. The problem will arise as and when international arrivals start up again with people expecting to be able to play golf. If the new ruling is still current i.e 14 day quarantine. If you main purpose is to come and play golf it will not be worth travelling. Suppose it will give you more time to monger if the girls return to work.

• Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, Spacedog said:

Just reading in order to play golf in Chonburi while the Covid19 crisis is ongoing foreigners will need to show current passport with an entry stamp showing at least 14 days entry before the game of golf. Currently as there are no international arrivals it should not be a problem. The problem will arise as and when international arrivals start up again with people expecting to be able to play golf. If the new ruling is still current i.e 14 day quarantine. If you main purpose is to come and play golf it will not be worth travelling. Suppose it will give you more time to monger if the girls return to work.

once international travel starts I'm sure all the rules will change ... at the beginning travellers may have to quarantine for 14 days ... golf will be the least of their worries ..

A pointless order. Currently there is a 14 day quarantine so impossible to play golf, or do anything else without breaking the quarantine. If they lift the quarantine order, then it will be because the risk of infection from international travel has passed, so pointless to be checking passports in order to play golf.

Wonder what brainless wonder thought up this order.

• Like 1

^^^^ A little off topic ...

About 3 years ago ( could be a little longer ) I was standing on the corner of Ramkhamhaeng Soi 54 ( BKK ) waiting to meet a friend ... 3 Thai guys come up to me and asked to see my passport ... they were Thai Immigration officers ... I did not have my passport on me at the time ... but, I had current pictures ( and Visa ) on my phone ...

Anyway they ended up putting me in the back seat of a truck with some black guys handcuffed and sitting in the pick up portion of the truck .... they took us all to Sathorn Immigration Detention Center ....

Then after 3 hours sitting in the Detention center .. they finally let me go ... I had called Daisy my maid before they put me in the truck ... told her go to my house and get and bring my passport to Sathorn ...

So .. after that happened to me I always carry my passport with me .... the first time I have ever been hassled to produce a passport in all of my hears here ...

A pointless order I agree ... but, you never know what obstacles get thrown in your face here ...

On 5/9/2020 at 7:18 PM, galenkia said:

People go to Pattaya to play golf?. 

It cost me 200 GBP excess baggage at Heathrow on my retirement flight to Thailand in 2006 to bring my clubs.

There was a "Trainee" on EVA's check in desk under supervision and they worked to the official rules and added the weight of my golf clubs to the baggage allowance. This was the ONLY time EVA charged me for golf clubs.

I actually offered to sell my clubs to anybody in the check in queue but they all thought I was joking and started laughing.

In the end I was so pissed off I paid with a debit card that had a zero balance as I had paid off my bank accounts and credit cards before moving to Thailand.

I wonder if the account is still live with its guaranteed overdraft facility? 🤣

the id checks wqont just be at golf courses and its not to see if you have covid.  its actually a good idea IMHO  as if anyone later has covid, their steps are traced and anyone they may have come into contact with is then contacted and advised to see a quack.      it actually makes sense... in a way