Can Not Access Forum Using True

I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing problems over the last couple of days accessing the forum? This only happens if I try connecting using my ISP, True. Tethering off my phone (AIS), or running a VPN allows me to connect. No issues connecting to the other forums, PT and PA. I also noticed the same problem with a couple of other websites, like godaddy.com which I use for work website hosting and email services.

Those with technical knowledge in this area, any suggestions on what I can do to resolve the problem? @code_slayer_bkk, you're pretty good on a computer. Any suggestions?

I've tried changing to OpenDNS for my DNS server, but that didn't help.

image.png

26 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

What browser are you using ?

Chrome, but does the same on Edge. Service is True fibre 200UL/200DL.

Ping works for google.com, but not thailand-247.com. Think the ISP's DNS service is fcked up, even though I set up my system to use OpenDNS server.

image.png

Edited to add DNS info from ipconfig /all:
image.png

Edited by forcebwithu

Ok .. try this ..

Enter the command prompt as administrator ...

1.  IPCONFIG  / RELEASE

2.  IPCONFIG  /ALL

3.  IPCONFIG  /FLUSHDNS

4.  IPCONFIG /RENEW

5.  NETSH INT IP SET DNS

6.  NETSH WINSOCK RESET

or this

Allow DNS Prefetching to Fix This Site Can’t Be Reached Error - to do

In the Settings page, expand the Advanced option at the bottom to access the Advanced Chrome Settings. In there, go to the Privacy section, and select the Use a prediction service to load pages more quickly option. This enables DNS Prefetching on Chrome and will probably fix the issue.

or this

Disabling Experimental QUIC Protocol in Chrome

In the address bar of Chrome, type chrome://flags/ and press Enter key.

A page full of options will show up. Press Ctrl + F to evoke Find box. In there, type Experimental QUIC protocol to find it. The value for this flag would be set as Default in the drop-down menu. Change it to Disabled, restart Chrome, and check if this worked for you.

or this

Change Value of Maximum TLS Version Enabled

another Chrome Flag that you need to tweak that can fix the Chrome This Site Can’t Be Reached error. These are the steps to follow to change the value of Maximum TLS Version:

Type chrome://flags in the address bar of Chrome address and press Enter button.

Again, press the Ctrl + F keys to use the Find tool in Chrome. Type TLS to find Maximum TLS Version option. From its drop-down menu, select TLS 1.3 instead of Default value.

or this

Reset Chrome Settings

To Reset, try these steps:

In the address bar of chrome, type chrome://flags/ and press Enter.

On top of the Flags page, look for Reset to default option. Click on it to reset all Chrome settings.

or this

Restart DNS Client Service

In the Run box, type the following command Services.msc .. find the DNS CLIENT -- shutdown and restart

or this

Reinstall Chrome

****  If none of these work - there are still other things we can do ...

^^^ Thanks for the suggestions. Most I had already tried, but not the Chrome changes. Tried those, but they didn't resolve the problem. Not surprised as this isn't a Chrome issue since "ping" doesn't find the site.

Not a show stopper for me as I have work arounds. Hopefully the ISP fixes the problem. If it were the US, I'd be on phone to a CSR, but in Thailand I figure I'd just be wasting my time.

1 hour ago, fygjam said:

You DNS is ok 'cause the ping resolved it.

image.png

160.153.129.231 is the correct IP address.

Try a trace route

From a command prompt tracert thailand-247.com or tracert 160.153.129.231

Yeah, good point about the DNS is fine. Forgot about tracert. Thanks for that. Here's the tracert that fails.t-247 time out.JPG

Using my phone as a hotspot, a few time outs, but eventually finishes.
t-247 ok.JPG

What I found interesting in the above trace is the hop to godaddy. As noted before, a business website and email hosted on godaddy are also not working. I don't understand why it shows up as a hop and works using my phone, but not my ISP.

For chuckles and grins did a trace on godaddy. Using the phone hotspot.
godaddy ok.JPG

Using my ISP.
godaddy time out.JPG

With the additional info, any idea what's going on?

28 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Yeah, good point about the DNS is fine. Forgot about tracert. Thanks for that. Here's the tracert that fails.t-247 time out.JPG

Using my phone as a hotspot, a few time outs, but eventually finishes.
t-247 ok.JPG

With the additional info, any idea what's going on?

Strange.

Telia is based in Sweden but they are a global internet backbone provider so there's no way of telling where that router is. Looks like Telia don't know how to forward the traffic.

The ping times at hops 12 and 13 look a bit strange as well. From what I remember from when I was living there pings around Thailand were less than 100ms and to the US were about 300ms.

You could try and get @mrcharliemofoto do a tracert and see what times he gets.

However I think it's out of your control and I don't think a call to True will do any good.

Just have to wait until Telia fix their router.

IP addresses 160.153.129.220 - 160.153.129.230 all respond to pings for me. You could try some of those and see if it's just the thailand-247 address that's having troubles.

Good luck.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, fygjam said:

Strange.

Telia is based in Sweden but they are a global internet backbone provider so there's no way of telling where that router is. Looks like Telia don't know how to forward the traffic.

The ping times at hops 12 and 13 look a bit strange as well. From what I remember from when I was living there pings around Thailand were less than 100ms and to the US were about 300ms.

You could try and get @mrcharliemofoto do a tracert and see what times he gets.

However I think it's out of your control and I don't think a call to True will do any good.

Just have to wait until Telia fix their router.

IP addresses 160.153.129.220 - 160.153.129.230 all respond to pings for me. You could try some of those and see if it's just the thailand-247 address that's having troubles.

Good luck.

A new day and the internet gods are smiling on me once again. Whatever the technical issues were, they've been fixed. Think I'll go down to the beach, crack open a cold one and celebrate. Oh wait, damn, that's not going to happen.

image.png

2 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

A new day and the internet gods are smiling on me once again. Whatever the technical issues were, they've been fixed. Think I'll go down to the beach, crack open a cold one and celebrate. Oh wait, damn, that's not going to happen.

image.png

Good stuff.

Took Telia a while to sort it. Maybe someone put a backhoe through some fibre rather than just a hardware failure.

I am a huge True fan in over 6 years of being with them anytime I have had a problem and there have not been many  a call to customer service gets answered within 2 Mins of being put on hold. I get a person that can speak english. They let me know if they are having an issue or it is mine alone and when they say the Service guy will be out he comes. Been through 3 Modem/Routers in the 6 years and never charged for the units. I like True

59 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

I am a huge True fan in over 6 years of being with them anytime I have had a problem and there have not been many  a call to customer service gets answered within 2 Mins of being put on hold. I get a person that can speak english. They let me know if they are having an issue or it is mine alone and when they say the Service guy will be out he comes. Been through 3 Modem/Routers in the 6 years and never charged for the units. I like True

I agree. For the local problems True customer service has been very good. But for this particular problem I recognized it as something that was not a normal issue and probably outside the control of True. Quicker, easier, and with the same result was posting here for input from other techies rather than a call to True.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/15/2020 at 6:39 AM, forcebwithu said:

I agree. For the local problems True customer service has been very good. But for this particular problem I recognized it as something that was not a normal issue and probably outside the control of True. Quicker, easier, and with the same result was posting here for input from other techies rather than a call to True.

Quick and easier for you by the sound of it. 😀

The no doubt highly informative replies might as well have been written in Egyptian hieroglyhics for me as a complete IT illiterate. If my PC or laptop does not boot up when I press the start button I am donald ducked!

Reminds me of my trip to Vegas when I stood for a couple of hours trying to work out what was happening at the "craps" table. I went and bought "An Idiots Guide to playing Craps" and read it through twice, cover to cover.

They don't do an "Idiots guide to the idiots guide"

I asked.🤣

Edited by Jambo
  • Haha 2