My local Hospital experience

Jambo

Nice narrative Jambo, glad it all worked out for you. I personally have never had to use the Hospital in Thailand, except wifey and I get yearly physicals. 

My insurance through "AIA" allows me to go to any of the major Hospitals there, I use " Phayathai 2" and the 3 times I have gone there for my physical, top notch all the way.

Pay 500 baht co-payment, Doctors order complete blood tests the day before, you go in the next day and a full assessment is given.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ivan the terrible said:

praps stop posting 🤣

Lol I've had high blood pressure all my life, takes more than that to bother me. But the NHS isn't fit for purpose and you're not really funny. My posts are a class above yours.  

• Haha 1

Had 2 kids born in BKK, one hospitalized for H1N1, and the normal periodic visits for the kids over the years. Plus probably a few other visits for the kids.

All at Samitivej. Nothing to complain about, but at the price you pay there it's reasonnable to expect good service. 

But sure, what do I know about Thailand .....

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

It definitely needs more funding 

That is true for most health services world wide.

12 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

and better management

Not better management, just less managers, scratch about 90% of them, from the savings you can double the medical staff.

• Thumbs Up 1