qatar airways give leway on tickets

thunder367

14 hours ago, thunder367 said:

https://www.qatarairways.com/en-gb/travel-with-confidence.html?cid=EMGBENDRCM&rilt=pod_1

anyone traveling befor 30th dec 2020 can get refund of change bookings as many times as they like for free or keep for 2 yrs,that give me a option to look at the future in sept is ill come out for new year or hold off till some time next year

3 weeks ago Qatar were offering flights for beginning of September for £387 for the dates I want but they've gone through the roof this week, I've just had a look and they now want £630 for the same dates 

Edited by bexwell

17 hours ago, bexwell said:

3 weeks ago Qatar were offering flights for beginning of September for £387 for the dates I want but they've gone through the roof this week, I've just had a look and they now want £630 for the same dates 

Might come down again, as they removed availability in the lower fare groups while they addressed a screw up in the rebooking rules linked above.  The rules offered free change within your country of origin, and up to 5,000 mile change in destination.  Folk were booking bargain fares then changing them immediately for expensive routes. One example was booking Philadelphia to Kiev, then changing it immediately to Los Angeles to Phnom Penh or BKK with no extra charge.  The new route would normally be 2 or 3 times as much as the original if actually paying for it.  There are worse examples too.

Anyway, they removed a lot of availability while they fixed the rules on rebooking and now they're tighter you might see the cheaper fares re-appear.

5 hours ago, KWA said:

Might come down again, as they removed availability in the lower fare groups while they addressed a screw up in the rebooking rules linked above.  The rules offered free change within your country of origin, and up to 5,000 mile change in destination.  Folk were booking bargain fares then changing them immediately for expensive routes. One example was booking Philadelphia to Kiev, then changing it immediately to Los Angeles to Phnom Penh or BKK with no extra charge.  The new route would normally be 2 or 3 times as much as the original if actually paying for it.  There are worse examples too.

Anyway, they removed a lot of availability while they fixed the rules on rebooking and now they're tighter you might see the cheaper fares re-appear.

I've got no doubt they will, Swiss and Finnair are around the £400 mark (No checked Baggage) or Singapore  (with baggage) so if all else fails I'll fly with them

ive not decided if il fly out on 28th yet going to see how things go over the next few months then decided if ill get refund of change it for a later date just going to see what happen.want to cem back fpr sure but if there is no vibee is it worth coming out so soon.i know there may be cheaper deals to be had for hotel but will the ladies be willing to drop prices plus will the exchange rates be worse or better off