PIA crash Karachi

Golfingboy

3 hours ago, coxyhog said:

2 Survivors so I've read,big argument going on at Pprune about whether Ramadan fasting played a part.

In what way did it play a part?

The transcript between pilot and tower has the pilot reporting he has lost an engine and returning to land.

16 hours ago, coxyhog said:

2 Survivors so I've read,big argument going on at Pprune about whether Ramadan fasting played a part.

Very highly unlikely and people are clutching at straws here and I don’t believe a word of it. Pilots like other professionals with huge responsibilities are trained exceptionally well. A biggest part of their training is around human performance and error. No self respecting pilot whether male or female would ever not eat to maintain essential blood sugars and energy for the sake of following their faith. I’d wait until the official report is out. 

2 hours ago, tingtong2k said:

Very highly unlikely and people are clutching at straws here and I don’t believe a word of it. Pilots like other professionals with huge responsibilities are trained exceptionally well. A biggest part of their training is around human performance and error. No self respecting pilot whether male or female would ever not eat to maintain essential blood sugars and energy for the sake of following their faith. I’d wait until the official report is out. 

Personally I would never,ever fly PIA.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tingtong2k said:

1) You ever worked in the M.E. ?

2) Pilots are human beings, they make errors. In fact many crashes are due to pilot errors. On the other hand, many near miss or close to disaster situation are saved by pilots. 

3) And yep, this is the kind of airlines I would avoid when possible.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

1) You ever worked in the M.E. ?

2) Pilots are human beings, they make errors. In fact many crashes are due to pilot errors. On the other hand, many near miss or close to disaster situation are saved by pilots. 

3) And yep, this is the kind of airlines I would avoid when possible.

I was nearly killed by an Omani pilot once.But it wasn't Ramadan.

He was massively at fault on a training flight & had done the same thing in the simulator so it was not an isolated incident.

He was made captain shortly afterwards.

Edited by coxyhog
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

jesus, so if he hadnt hit those buildings or what ever, might have been a different outcome.  weird that pilot had different readings to GC  or is that common

First error was the first landing attempt without landing gear out, engines scrape the ground, damaged and flame out after a few minutes.

Yes, if he had come down on a flat area there MAYBE would have been a few more survivors.

Can't imagine what everybody went through in the last minutes when the outcome became clear.....

• Great Info 1

This guy knows what he's talking about. He's a Boeing 767 captain or first officer when the airlines are flying.

A couple of takeaways.

• The landing gear on the Airbus won't deploy if the indicated airspeed is above 260 knots. A warning chime will sound, as heard on some videos.
  • The gear was down after the scrape and go, just before the crash.

• Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1

35 minutes ago, fygjam said:

This guy knows what he's talking about. He's a Boeing 767 captain or first officer when the airlines are flying.

A couple of takeaways.

• The landing gear on the Airbus won't deploy if the indicated airspeed is above 260 knots. A warning chime will sound, as heard on some videos.
  • The gear was down after the scrape and go, just before the crash.

32 pages on Pprune, and several pilots.

https://www.pprune.org/rumours-news/632693-pia-a320-crash-karachi.html

Analysis of FDR and CVR, will confirm the details.