quarantine on arrival will kill short holidays

thunder367

On 5/26/2020 at 9:30 PM, dcfc2007 said:

Nothing wrong with that idea either. It's irresponsible to travel without appropriate insurance. 

Having worked in the insurance industry for all of my "Employed" working life I will be amazed if a general exclusion has not already been added to all new Travel Insurance policies.

My family members are hoping to visit me at the end of August having changed their flights. I keep asking them to check with the travel insurance company that they are still covered for Covid19.

4 hours ago, Jambo said:

Having worked in the insurance industry for all of my "Employed" working life I will be amazed if a general exclusion has not already been added to all new Travel Insurance policies.

My family members are hoping to visit me at the end of August having changed their flights. I keep asking them to check with the travel insurance company that they are still covered for Covid19.

We have a yearly/family one, runs out in January. I already confirmed with them we are covered if we caught Covid.

Though as you say, I doubt the new one will have it, or i'll be made aware we can have it covered for an extra premium. 

6 hours ago, Jambo said:

I would imagine there might be a surcharge for Covid cover, if there isn't then they have a missed a trick. 

1 hour ago, dcfc2007 said:

I would imagine there might be a surcharge for Covid cover, if there isn't then they have a missed a trick. 

I would imagine that most, if not all new travel/health insurance policies will include Covid19/Pandemic in their T&C’s and charge extra for it. They’d  be stupid not too, considering it could flare up just about anywhere at any time. If I were traveling anywhere, I would ensure any policy I took out, definitely included it. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, KhunDon said:

I would imagine that most, if not all new travel/health insurance policies will include Covid19/Pandemic in their T&C’s and charge extra for it. They’d  be stupid not too, considering it could flare up just about anywhere at any time. If I were traveling anywhere, I would ensure any policy I took out, definitely included it. 

Absolutely. Not that I would be worried about getting the virus, but I think if there is a second wave, the sort of sympathy shown by many nations towards tourists may run out, in that case id want to make sure my ass is covered. 

• Like 1