Bazle

Knew I had a real problem when I started looking at pocket squares and even glanced at cravats and tie clips in CT catalogues. Hardcore stuff ........ 

Love this lockdown all my waistcoats fit great now ......... too fecking hot to wear however ...... 

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

On 5/25/2020 at 7:24 PM, Thai Spice said:

Concerning motorbikes, never rode one in my life 

Same same Aside from dirt bikes as a kid, I have never driven a motorbike ever. I even stopped riding on motorbike taxis. Walking, baht busses, car taxis, Skytrain, etc. suit me just fine. I might just live a little longer. (Walking can still be dodgy at times depending on the area.)

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, coxyhog said:

From the age of about 14 to 17 I had a Saturday job in an upmarket menswear shop in Rickmansworth....probably why I've always worn jeans & T shirt ever since.

I wore suits my whole "employed" working life from aged 18 onwards.

I used to buy three new ones each year all in the Marks & Sparks New Year sale plus a selection of new shirts and ties. I never ever thought clothes looked good on me but I was guaranteed to get suits to fit in M & S.

When I was made redundant for the second time and commenced a year of study etc to start my own accountancy practice working from home I gave the whole lot to Oxfams charity shop.

I then had just one  jacket, shirt and silk tie I kept for formal interviews with the Inland Revenue in Edinburgh but my clothing for seeing clients was normally grey chinos and a navy blue polo shirt. When they visited me at my home they invariably found me in jeans. It might sound disrespectful but generally my clients appreciated the informality and many became as much as friends as clients.

When my youngest daughter got married in Edinburgh I flew in from Thailand and had to immediately buy a suit, shirt and tie and luck would have it as it was the end of summer sale time. I was quite impressed with how smart I looked for 90 UK pounds  but left the lot behind when I returned to Thailand. 😀

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steelers4Life said:

Same same Aside from dirt bikes as a kid, I have never driven a motorbike ever. I even stopped riding on motorbike taxis. Walking, baht busses, car taxis, Skytrain, etc. suit me just fine. I might just live a little longer. (Walking can still be dodgy at times depending on the area.)

Live life on the edge mate, besides we keep a plentiful supply of organs for transplants. 😀

Many people are grateful for us. 

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Live life on the edge mate, besides we keep a plentiful supply of organs for transplants. 😀

Many people are grateful for us. 

Don't me wrong - there are dudes in my condo area with garages, fixing their bikes or restoring one. Love hanging out with these fellas and watching them work. Good times. Most bikers in the west have a way better grip on safety than Somchai 4 to a bike with no helmets in the LOS. I respect bikers here in the States, but not so much in the LOS and a few other SEA countries. 

23 hours ago, Steelers4Life said:

Then again, bikers with mad skills can still have fun here in the States. They know the parameters.

Check out the chick doing the wheelie in the beginning of the vid. Brilliant.

Ok sorry, back to age.

Thats from the annual Ride Of the Century meet up of stunt riders. Some good videos on YouTube. 

• Great Info 1

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2020 at 6:14 AM, nampla69 said:

Women love a nice double cuff ........... (filthy minds on here think it is some bizarre kinky practice). Got addicted to waistcoats as well couple of years ago ..... 

cause you are addicted to waistcoats,

lets you parade around the manor like your some pikey gaffer.:default_party-smiley-048:

regards

grayray

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, grayray said:

cause you are addicted to waistcoats,

lets you parade around the manor like your some pikey gaffer.:default_party-smiley-048:

regards

grayray

I read only today that some footballer just got a long retrospective ban for calling some pikey a pikey.

The wonderful Peaky Blinders series has all the main characters as pikeys. 🤣

• Thumbs Up 2

12 hours ago, Jambo said:

I read only today that some footballer just got a long retrospective ban for calling some pikey a pikey.

The wonderful Peaky Blinders series has all the main characters as pikeys. 🤣

D.

I enjoyed watching the series Peaky Blinders.

regards

grayray

• Thumbs Up 2

On 5/25/2020 at 6:36 AM, thumper63 said:

Ive been a very very lucky guy health wise and knock on wood it's going to last a wee bit longer. I'm still doing a job that I love and it keeps me on the go all day long. I'm in crawlspace, in attics, on top of roofs, up an down ladders, and constantly on the run.... and I love ( damn near... Haha ) every minute of it. I have the normal aches and pains at the end of the day but nothing a couple hits of morphine wont cure.... just kidding.  About the only thing that gets to me are sore feet and because of asthma my lungs strain when having to carry heavy loads of building materials. 

90% of the time I feel as if I'm still in my 30s. But I have to admit there are a few days that I wake up feeling like 182.... lol.  

Do you wear lace up or elastic sided boots?

I feel my age now (just gone 68) mainly down to a few serious health problems, but I’ve been slowing down since I was 55, because nothing in my life is that urgent that it needs to be done ASAP. 🤔

I don’t know if I look old, as I chucked out every mirror in the house years ago. 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/26/2020 at 8:55 PM, nampla69 said:

I'm a Charles Tyrwhitt ex-junkie ........... going through cold turkey now. Got pissed off when I found they were all made in China but British ideas and designs whatever that means.

Love their merino v necks and mainlined on cashmere zip necks hard stuff ........

I’ve a wardrobe full of their clothes products. 
Man about town, that’s me. 🤗

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/24/2020 at 6:29 PM, Bazle said:

Do you think of yourself as being old?

If so, what makes you feel old, and from what age did you notice it? 

Yesterday I removed & refitted the panniers on my bike,a job I last did probably about 15 years ago.

Then it was easy,yesterday I ended up soaked in sweat & with my back in agony.It took 3 big Cobra's to soothe the pain.

Having had 24 hours to think about it that definitely made me feel my age.Thank f**k I gave up working for a living.

Edited by coxyhog
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Besides all the extra weight I carry, I feel fine. But 4 days ago, out of nowhere, got a massive pain where the big toe connects to one  foot. Internet says Hallux Rigidus, maybe arthritis. Got better last night with elevating the foot and dipping it in ice water. Just a real shock because I didn’t put any stress on or have bad fitting shoes. Anyway, first time I’ve personally felt older at 44.

Anyone else here have a sore big toe joint/tendon?