Push bike or cycle shop in Pattaya

eyes4thais

About 1 week ago I Acquired a push bike. I have managed to find a few bike shops but I now need to get the bearings put back into rear Sprocket. Can anyone recommend a good Cycle repairer in Pattaya? If no other suggestions I am going to go to CH.Numchai. I,m just waiting for them to get back to me.

If you have never cycled in Thailand, I would recommend you try it! I have enjoyed it a lot. Not a lot of effort is required and you get a nice breeze as you go along.  My first day I got it i did 35KM. Neck and bum ache but that was about it.

Edited by eyes4thais

1 hour ago, eyes4thais said:

About 1 week ago I Acquired a push bike. I have managed to find a few bike shops but I now need to get the bearings put back into rear Sprocket. Can anyone recommend a good Cycle repairer in Pattaya? If no other suggestions I am going to go to CH.Numchai. I,m just waiting for them to get back to me.

If you have never cycled in Thailand, I would recommend you try it! I have enjoyed it a lot. Not a lot of effort is required and you get a nice breeze as you go along.  My first day I got it i did 35KM. Neck and bum ache but that was about it.

The two I use are CH.Numchai (Eastern Bike), which you mentioned, and S.V. Bike on Thepprasit Soi 8. Both do good work, although I think Eastern does a better job on wheel truing.

Edited to add: Just remembered, SV Bike may not want to work on a bike purchased elsewhere, especially if it's of low quality. They've had problems with unrealistic customer expectations that bring in an old klunker of a bike and expect them to work miracles on it. They've decided it's not worth the grief to deal with that segment of the bike market.

And in case you missed it, a couple of suggestions for bike paths and routes in this topic.

Edited by forcebwithu

There are two C H Numchai, Which is the best one. I have been to the one in Jontiem just down from SV Cycles. Did not look very professional.

The one on Sukvit looks better but further from me. I could walk to the jontiem one!

They got back to me in the end and quoted 300b so happy with that. Yes it is a cheap bike they said it would have cost 4k, but the person who gave it to me said her customer paid 2.8k.  I bought a bike seat from SV, read some reports about the girl there, and yes she is very distant.  

Edited by eyes4thais

7 hours ago, eyes4thais said:

There are two C H Numchai, Which is the best one. I have been to the one in Jontiem just down from SV Cycles. Did not look very professional.

The one on Sukvit looks better but further from me. I could walk to the jontiem one!

They got back to me in the end and quoted 300b so happy with that. Yes it is a cheap bike they said it would have cost 4k, but the person who gave it to me said her customer paid 2.8k.  I bought a bike seat from SV, read some reports about the girl there, and yes she is very distant.  

I've not been to the CH.Numchai Jomtien location. The one I use is out on Suk near the 3240 intersection. The Jomtien shop looks to have mostly low end bikes, whereas the one on Suk sells the higher end bikes and has a service center to match.

The owner of SV Bike is definitely not the most personable person I've come across. But they've always treated me fairly, and given me very good deals on the two bikes I've bought from them, so I continue to use them.