Current 90 day reporting rules

I think you will find that it has been waived up to the end of June.

I did mine online anyway as I was stuck in Mae Sot and had no idea of what they might ask for at Immigration locally. It is so quick and simple in Jomtien.

18 minutes ago, Scotty said:

My 90 days in country are almost up on my retirement extension. I’ve never been in country long enough to do this before. Does anyone know what are the current 90 day reporting rules are ?

Reporting has been suspended until July 31st.

I'm in the same boat as you and will probably try and do it online when my reporting window opens next week.

9 minutes ago, KWA said:

I'm in the same boat as you and will probably try and do it online when my reporting window opens next week.

Yeah, I should have Googled it first 😁

I saw that you cannot do your first 90 day online, only subsequent ones. 

2 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I saw that you cannot do your first 90 day online, only subsequent ones. 

I've read reports saying this and also reports saying it's not true, so I'll see how I get on next week.  There's also lots of reports of the app or on line system not being user friendly which won't help.

I'd give the online app a try regardless of whether it's your first report or not. If that fails, you still have the extension until July 31st, but it might be worth a trip to the immigration office before then as I expect after the 31st the office is going to be very busy and crowded.

For what it's worth . . .

My 90 day was due last Monday, so I went to Jomtien ( I live on the Darkside so it is only 15 minutes on the 'bike ) at about 14.00 the previous Wednesday. I was in and out in 5 minutes, just 2 people in the queue in front of me. No questions, no form filling, no paperwork asked for - almost a pleasant experience. It was my first time out of the village area in weeks, so I then went up to Pratamnak for a late lunch at Tara court, which was definitely a pleasant experience.

These posters were displayed about the reception area of the Immigration Office :-

image.png

• Great Info 2

53 minutes ago, KWA said:

I'd be careful about this, my m8 thought this and went into a Visa place and they said NOT for a  retirement extension.....

He left his passport with them (this was his first 90 days since returning to Thailand) and it was sorted for a small fee....

A m8 of mine did his own 90 days yesterday at Jomtien, in and out with a friends 90 days as well....no problems

what ever the norm is.....

4 minutes ago, Blue Streak said:

I'd be careful about this, my m8 thought this and went into a Visa place and they said NOT for a  retirement extension.....

He left his passport with them (this was his first 90 days since returning to Thailand) and it was sorted for a small fee....

A m8 of mine did his own 90 days yesterday at Jomtien, in and out with a friends 90 days as well....no problems

what ever the norm is.....

I think the visa agent was more interested in collecting a fee than giving out the correct info.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, forcebwithu said:

I think the visa agent was more interested in collecting a fee than giving out the correct info.

That was my thought, but was very insistent and has family working in Jomtien Imm. Dept......it was a small fee and

and he has done a lot of business with them over the years......

My Visa is a Non O ( Marriage ). Originally it was a Non O ( Retirement ), but I had to change it so as to be able to get a Work Permit.

I have managed, so far, to avoid using an agent. I ( often accompanied by my wife ) always go direct to Jomtien Immigration, and jump thro' whatever hoops they decide are relevant, even though my blood pressure suffers.

As said already, there's an amnesty until the end of July, but you can still do it online (I did it that way last month) or go to Jomtien Immigration where the 90-day desk is till open. It's not that I don't trust the amnesty, it's just that I don't want to be a part of whatever mess they make when the amnesty is over and they insist on thousands of expats catching up with their 90-day reports.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, misteregg said:

I did mine in Jomtien anyway. Two minutes.

I would have done the same but at the time I was stuck in Mae Sot  neither sure whether we could travel back nor absolutely certain they were going to extend the waiver.

So I did it online....................................eventually.

About attempt number six before the application went though..