Philippine Airlines to resume flights from 01 June

Horizondave

As this relates specifically to the Philippines and an interesting topic for travelers I posted it here rather than in a Covid thread but if the mods wish to merge it then OK.

They will not be operating to Thailand in June but there are many destinations for any BMs in the Philippines or Americans wishing to go to the P.I;  there is also talk of operating flights to the UK in late June so those stuck here and unable to get to Thailand a trip to the Philippines may be a possibility although that hasn't taken in to account the UK travel advisory or the Philippines arrivals regulations.

https://www.philippineairlines.com/en/aboutus/newsandevents/advisory-covid19-29may20-63

1 hour ago, Horizondave said:

As this relates specifically to the Philippines and an interesting topic for travelers I posted it here rather than in a Covid thread but if the mods wish to merge it then OK.

They will not be operating to Thailand in June but there are many destinations for any BMs in the Philippines or Americans wishing to go to the P.I;  there is also talk of operating flights to the UK in late June so those stuck here and unable to get to Thailand a trip to the Philippines may be a possibility although that hasn't taken in to account the UK travel advisory or the Philippines arrivals regulations.

https://www.philippineairlines.com/en/aboutus/newsandevents/advisory-covid19-29may20-63

I've got a friend that's a manager over there and another one that her and her husband own a bar there in Angeles and they said it's a ghost town. So if somebody wants to fly to the Philippines and they're not going to do any whoring that may be okay but the mongering seen over there right now is just about zero based on the information I'm getting from Friends

3 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

I've got a friend that's a manager over there and another one that her and her husband own a bar there in Angeles and they said it's a ghost town. So if somebody wants to fly to the Philippines and they're not going to do any whoring that may be okay but the mongering seen over there right now is just about zero based on the information I'm getting from Friends

I have a daughter there so I would spend time with her, I also have friends who live down in Puerta Galera and Davao so the bar scene being closed is not a major issue although from my information it appears the social media platforms are doing a roaring trade if company is what you need.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

The dating apps will still work fine. In places like Davao City, that's your best option even in normal times.

Actually, the lockdown is just accelerating a process that started many years ago, there's no need to buy ladydrinks or pay a bar fine if you want a shag, just dial up a girl on the relevant app. The damn virus is going to speed up a lot of changes, and this is probably one of them.

• Like 2

There is serious distancing precautions in the SM Malls, but freelancers are noticeable by their ever growing numbers. Starbucks and the coffee shops that are actually open but with measures in place, however, I have it on very good authority that a lot of FL's are heading to open areas of coffee shops, hanging around the entrances to MOA and increasingly using dating apps.

It is also very much a buyers market. Allegedly.