The Edge Condo

Fantastic location, I used to regularly stay at the Diana Inn that was there before .... but the room sizes are tiny .... plus if tourism picks up again can see it being similar to The Base  , used predominantly as an AirBnB for Chinese guests ... whenever I walked past it seems extraordinarily busy and seen reports from long term residents that weren't impressed 

if I was looking at Central pattaya , think I would looking at the places behind The Avenue, not sure of the names 

1 hour ago, Stillearly said:

if I was looking at Central pattaya , think I would looking at the places behind The Avenue, not sure of the names 

The Pride, Avenue Residence, The Urban, and City Garden.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2021 at 1:22 PM, bobbybobbythai said:

I really like the looks of THE BASE in Pattaya.  I plan to try and rent there my next visit to Thailand.

I like the look of The Base also but Soi Buakhoa 15 seems a little better imo, the rooms are tiny in The Base and heard it's a little noisy and the walls paper thin lol.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/5/2021 at 6:48 PM, RoamingNomad said:

I like the look of The Base also but Soi Buakhoa 15 seems a little better imo, the rooms are tiny in The Base and heard it's a little noisy and the walls paper thin lol.

Thanks for that.  I don't mind a little noise; I'll stay there for a while before making some major decision.

• 4 weeks later...

I enjoyed the months at VT6 although room quality varied a great deal. I became very comfortable there and friendly with the staff. Early on when the first lockdown hit was I thankful to be there and had a monthly contract as staying in a hotel would have been iffy. Hell, no one knew what the hell was going on. Proximity to the grocery store was a saving grace as I could scurry over there, pick up supplies and get back to the room with everything I needed. The security and motor guys loved me and I felt well protected. I will always have fond memories of the place during a remarkable time in my life. It would be difficult for me to find the same level of affection as I do for that place with anywhere else in Patts from here on out.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 4/20/2021 at 8:39 PM, Glasseye said:

I enjoyed the months at VT6 although room quality varied a great deal. I became very comfortable there and friendly with the staff. Early on when the first lockdown hit was I thankful to be there and had a monthly contract as staying in a hotel would have been iffy. Hell, no one knew what the hell was going on. Proximity to the grocery store was a saving grace as I could scurry over there, pick up supplies and get back to the room with everything I needed. The security and motor guys loved me and I felt well protected. I will always have fond memories of the place during a remarkable time in my life. It would be difficult for me to find the same level of affection as I do for that place with anywhere else in Patts from here on out.

I've stayed in a few condos in VT6 as well over the years and agree that the location can't be beaten - close to everything you'd need in a stay; however, back in normal times it could also be quite noisy, mostly from the band that used to play every night at the front corner of MIT, but also from the standby generator in Central Festival that they'd fire up once a week or so and could be intrusive if you were on that side of VT6. Also the elevators could be quite crowded as well, as I think many condos were rented out for short stays. 

20 hours ago, maipenrai said:

I've stayed in a few condos in VT6 as well over the years and agree that the location can't be beaten - close to everything you'd need in a stay; however, back in normal times it could also be quite noisy, mostly from the band that used to play every night at the front corner of MIT, but also from the standby generator in Central Festival that they'd fire up once a week or so and could be intrusive if you were on that side of VT6. Also the elevators could be quite crowded as well, as I think many condos were rented out for short stays. 

Yes, I agree with what you mention. It can get noisy at times during normal conditions, but not many places in Patts that doesn't get noisy. 

• 4 months later...