Forgot about this !

code_slayer_bkk

I went to the post office to mail my US tax returns to Texas ...

The guys at the post office told me that my package wouldn't arrive for about 1 month ... I said .. " 1 Month " ... they said yea because of the Wuhan virus ... they told me they don't know when the next flight will leave for the States ... hmmmmm

I mailed it anyway ....

I've been reading elsewhere that mail is only going by boat and they were told 3 months ? Apparently it's the case for Europe too but DHL etc were getting mail to wherever in 3-4 days. I did see a list of countries where it would go Airmail but buggered if I'd find it now.

13 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Yea .... I think ....

But I have accountants that do for me .... they just give me the completed return for me to sign and mail .....

My accountant does it all on line I just pop in and sign the hard copy for his records some times he emails me my tax return I sign it and email it back

17 hours ago, mrcharliemofo said:

I've been reading elsewhere that mail is only going by boat and they were told 3 months ? Apparently it's the case for Europe too but DHL etc were getting mail to wherever in 3-4 days. I did see a list of countries where it would go Airmail but buggered if I'd find it now.

I was told recently that DHL was not working from Thailand to the UK for the same reason that there is no Airmail?

10 minutes ago, Jambo said:

I was told recently that DHL was not working from Thailand to the UK for the same reason that there is no Airmail?

God knows where I read it but I'm 99% sure it said DHL or one of the others had delivered their stuff so I just assumed it was worldwide ? I didn't take too much notice of it as it doesn't affect me.

EDIT. I've just been on the DHL website and got a quote to send a letter to the UK, no problems at all and delivery within 3-5 days.

Edited by mrcharliemofo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

International air mail to Thailand from the UK resumed on 11th May.

https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5317/~/international-incident-bulletin

Update: 11 May 2020
Mail despatches to Thailand have now resumed, and we’ll prioritise the processing and shipment of mail held during the recent period of suspension. Delays will still be evident as in-country restrictions remain in place to prevent the spread of Coronavirus.

I've been getting mail from the UK as normal for the last few weeks, though it's taking maybe  a week longer than usual to get here. I even had two birthday cards posted on May 15th that arrived here 18 days later.

53 minutes ago, Toy Boy said:

International air mail to Thailand from the UK resumed on 11th May.

https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5317/~/international-incident-bulletin

Update: 11 May 2020
Mail despatches to Thailand have now resumed, and we’ll prioritise the processing and shipment of mail held during the recent period of suspension. Delays will still be evident as in-country restrictions remain in place to prevent the spread of Coronavirus.

I've been getting mail from the UK as normal for the last few weeks, though it's taking maybe  a week longer than usual to get here. I even had two birthday cards posted on May 15th that arrived here 18 days later.

That is pretty good I think .. all things considered .....