How incredible was that !

code_slayer_bkk

• 1 month later...

Code, thats the way it was done 50 years ago ....

I think the ones that lands on a barge is way more impressive .

Think the challenge, tagetting such a small space, aim at it, stabilize, land and dont fall over ! 

Off course they did had a few failures...  On the other hand this concerned unmanned flights, because sure the risk is still too high to try this with wanned flights.

Edit : SPACEX is Ellon Musk company . Same guy as Tesla.

Edited by Thai Spice
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

Think the challenge, tagetting such a small space, aim at it, stabilize, land and dont fall over ! 

Off course they did had a few failures...  On the other hand this concerned unmanned flights, because sure the risk is still too high to try this with wanned flights.

Ellon Musk also wrote most of the code for Paypal ... he is a forward thinker and wrote some code for some GPS positioning system based off of a telephone book .. lol .. my type of guy

Edited by code_slayer_bkk
  • Like 1

I guess I missed the amazing part....

Stanley Kubrick was just amazed at the production values of the moon landings...

I guess technology was more advanced in 1969,and now we have to settle for ocean splashes...  

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, fforest said:

Stanley Kubrick was just amazed at the production values of the moon landings...

I guess technology was more advanced in 1969,and now we have to settle for ocean splashes...  

Technology is what it is .. sometimes gigantic leaps .. other times baby steps ...

We cannot discount what is occurring now ... reusable spacecraft ...

It is still great ...

Didn't JFK say in 1960 or 61 .. "That's one small step for man and one giant step for mankind,”

Edited by code_slayer_bkk

1 hour ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Technology is what it is .. sometimes gigantic leaps .. other times baby steps ...

We cannot discount what is occurring now ... reusable spacecraft ...

It is still great ...

Didn't JFK say in 1960 or 61 .. "That's one small step for man and one giant step for mankind,”

JFK, Sept 12, 1962
"We choose to go to the Moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard; because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one we intend to win, and the others, too."

Neil Armstrong, July 12, 1969

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Ellon Musk also wrote most of the code for Paypal ... he is a forward thinker and wrote some code for some GPS positioning system based off of a telephone book .. lol .. my type of guy

Looks like he knows a bit about the future of the business world, too...

Elon Musk says ‘China rocks’ while the U.S. is full of ‘complacency and entitlement’

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/31/tesla-ceo-elon-musk-china-rocks-us-full-of-entitlement.html

Tesla and SpaceX CEO Elon Musk lamented the “entitled” and “complacent” character of people in the United States, and lauded the “smart” and “hard working people” of China, in the first installment of a three-part interview with Automotive News’ “Daily Drive” podcast published Friday. 

Specifically, Musk criticized New York and California -- states that have supported his businesses, especially Tesla, with considerable tax breaks, regulatory credits and other government help...

^^^ He is just playing the game ...

I kinda don't blame him .. they shut down his factory in California .. over the Wuhan virus - until he took a stand ...

He is also playing in Australia with a gigantic battery farm ... committed to Trump he will build a big factory in Texas ...

But, I agree - he is making a mistake playing with China and he is not a stupid guy .. he knows

5 hours ago, fforest said:

The amazing part is it was not done by a government but by a company with seemingly more money than most governments.

Gotta a friend that works at a Tesla plant. The general consensus of the employees about Elon is that he is a partially autistic, essentric, non-personable genius who has fascinating view of the future. 

I personally think he's a tool but on the other hand sometimes assholes are the ones that get shit done and not just talk shit.

10 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they landed at sea because it was thought to be to dangerous to do on land until they'd perfected it

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

I agree but IMHO, the reason they did not do that was the amount of fuel that would be necessary to take from earth to the space station, then use for the decent - That's a lot of extra weight for liftoff.