How to catch a King Cobra -- Thai style.

lazarus

9 hours ago, lazarus said:

I would not have wanted to be the guy holding the bag. 

I don't think the guy holding the bag wanted to be the guy holding the bag either.

Edited by andycoll
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, andycoll said:

Fascinating, not a job I will be applying for. I don't believe in the unnecessary killing of animals but in those cases I would have lopped the heads off and barbequed the rest.

I was quite surprised they didn't do that too, especially with the cobra as they are good eating I am told.

8 hours ago, boydeste said:

I was quite surprised they didn't do that too, especially with the cobra as they are good eating I am told.

they did as soon as they got away from the cameras :default_biggrin:

regards

grayray

Edited by grayray
  • Haha 1

Seen some big snakes up in Isaan but nothing like that .........

that would end up grilled on the barbecue and the blood mixed with Lao Kao to make homemade hooch where the Mrs is from.

Skin would end up on a handbag nothing going to waste .....

• Like 1

On 6/9/2020 at 5:16 AM, Nickrock said:

I will admit to a slight phobia of snakes and spiders 

ANY GOOD SNAKE IS A DEAD ONE 

I shudder even looking at pics of them

yeah…. I don't like them either. But I really hate rats. So... a big snake means more dead rats.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Jambo said:

I did not realise cobras were anywhere near as big as that one in the photo.

We all too often get snakes in our garden in Bangsaray but nothing like that thank goodness!

King cobras are the largest venomous snake in the world

16 hours ago, Jambo said:

I did not realise cobras were anywhere near as big as that one in the photo.

We all too often get snakes in our garden in Bangsaray but nothing like that thank goodness!

To be fair, that is a really big one.

If challenged that could easily raise up and look you in the eye, isn't that a scary thought.

Back in Febuary I see one on the path in Chiang Mai that I assume lives in the canal. It was exactly where I had been walking every night the previous week whilst returning from the boxing ring bars pissed up. Luckily on this particular night I had been to a different part of town and we went past it in a taxi. Just a reminder of where you are and how a seemingly harmless night could very quickly turn bad.