That's a lot of porridge.

18 minutes ago, fygjam said:

Couple each sentenced to 1,446 years for defrauding the public

The two owners of a seafood restaurant in Bangkok were today each sentenced to 1,446 years in prison by the Criminal Court, after they were found guilty of defrauding the public.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/couple-each-sentenced-to-1446-years-for-defrauding-the-public/

reckon the court wants them to die in prison,

Buying vouchers for a future dinner seems unnecessary to me, but hey, people love shopping online and jumping at a great deal. Before I clicked on the link, I thought it might have been a tourist trap I read about a few years back. Don’t remember the exact numbers, but something like 800 baht per plate of basic Thai food, and I’m sure the cabbies who bring the tourists get a cut. Bloody scum

Can't really see much wrong with what the restaurant 'tried to offer'. It didn't appear to be a scam but went too well that the owners couldn't actually cover the promo as quickly as some would like.  The owners then offered refunds before people complained so unless the offer of refunds is illegal or they didn't offer refunds after saying they would then I don't see much wrong with what took place.

Certainly not worth more than a reprimand for misleading customers, certainly not worth a jail sentence if the story is to be believed.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, fygjam said:

Couple each sentenced to 1,446 years for defrauding the public

The two owners of a seafood restaurant in Bangkok were today each sentenced to 1,446 years in prison by the Criminal Court, after they were found guilty of defrauding the public.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/couple-each-sentenced-to-1446-years-for-defrauding-the-public/

It's only 723 years with good behavior 😉