Painful Reading This

Glasseye

Know the Thai words for bus but never been on one in 17 years. 

As for Thais being racist they are more like xenophobic or just simply hate all foreigners ............. especially the Burmese and Cambodians. 

I always think of the Thais as the French of SE Asia ..... ask a Frenchman what he thinks about Algerians or Arabs for example.

Vietnamese are more like the Brits a stubborn, proud, independent minded people with a worthless currency, crooked taxi drivers and an inflated sense of self importance in the world.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

"They won't even accept the hard work done by Tommy Dee stating that the people waiting hours in line for free food handouts

I think his great work has been pretty much ignored by the Thai media

If it wasnt then they would most likely credit the government anyway 

You just gotta accept the good with the bad ... if things that bother you are out of your control ... why give a flying f**k ?

Not sure if I have ever experienced racism here .. ( not like some places I have lived like South Africa and China ) ... no one has ever said anything to my face here ... and if they are thinking it .. so what .. you cannot control others opinions ... so f**k it ....

I just manage to live my life where I get on down the road happy and not let others opinions bother me ....

I live my life .. you live yours ... and everything is copa setic to agree to disagree !

The only thing that ruffles my feathers if someone spits at me .. or fucks with Beach gal or Ziggy .. then all bets are off ... just about everything else with me is mai pen rai ...

I have to go to Chiang Mai once every 2 months to work at a couple of hospitals there ... you can keep the place ... I don't like it there .. no sea ...

Consider the train ....

Edited by code_slayer_bkk
  • Like 4
  • Great Info 2

10 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

They have did an about face and foreigners can now ride the Government Company buses.

From what I was reading it seemed to be confusion over the requirements on inter-provincial travel. 

1 hour ago, dcfc2007 said:

From what I was reading it seemed to be confusion over the requirements on inter-provincial travel. 

I had a thai girl call and check if this were true and she said yes all good now

UPDATE: Starting from Monday 15th June, foreigners will be allowed to use the long distance buses run by Transport Co., Ltd. however they must obey rules set by the Ministry of Public Health for each province. In other news, they will increase the number of buses on all routes.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

I had a thai girl call and check if this were true and she said yes all good now

UPDATE: Starting from Monday 15th June, foreigners will be allowed to use the long distance buses run by Transport Co., Ltd. however they must obey rules set by the Ministry of Public Health for each province. In other news, they will increase the number of buses on all routes.

Where do you have in mind? 

40 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Kanchanaburi then Ubon Ratchatani maybe

I like Kanchanaburi ... some pretty damn good fishing in the river there .... but, all of the cemeteries make me a little sad -- knowing ( not knowing - but, what history taught me ) how most of those guys fought and died ...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Kanchanaburi then Ubon Ratchatani maybe

You like those 30 Baht cheap wooden seats on trains ........... not a bus guy. Nice little train ride in Kancahanburi ....... bring a cushion you'll love it bitch. :default_458:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nampla69 said:

You like those 30 Baht cheap wooden seats on trains ........... not a bus guy. Nice little train ride in Kancahanburi ....... bring a cushion you'll love it bitch. :default_458:

I love land travel yes planning very soon to travel the country as far as i can east to west north to south if you are a good boy will send you some photos 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

More on the "go home farang" front...

NATIONAL PARK WATERFALLS CLOSES DOORS TO FOREIGNERS

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/2020/06/17/national-park-waterfalls-closes-doors-to-foreigners/

KANCHANABURI — A national park in the western province of Kanchanaburi became the latest attraction to shut its doors to foreigners.

The Huay Mae Khamin and Pha Tad waterfalls announced on its Facebook page that the waterfalls would “open for Thais only.” Both waterfalls, located in Srinakarin Dam National Park, will be open on July 1 but visitors will not be allowed to go into the waters or stay overnight.

“Yes, foreigners are not allowed,” a park official said over the phone Wednesday. “I think it’s better to speak directly to the park’s chief.” ...

I have come back up a bit. My point was not so much that I may not be able to access a bus for travel, but the singling out of us. But things are sorting themselves out and I appreciate the other comments and perspectives presented here (well 95% of them anyway).

Cheers

It appears Chiang Mai is open now. A flight up there and a good long stay seems forthcoming. And then hopefully work my way down toward Buriram to see some friends on a long overdue visit. It's going to be nice to put my traveling shoes on once again.

• Like 5

Glad to hear you may change your mind and stay. 
This Covid crap has everyone on edge and the Thais ar’ the exactly known for logical thinking. 
I’ve never traveled on a Thai coach, always preferred the freedom of driving our own car, but I can see the attraction if it’s a decent and comfortable coach with a loo.
Just as long as the driver wasn’t on Yabba and on a bonus to get to his destination 3 hours earlier than the schedule. 
Good luck Glasseye. 🤗

4 hours ago, KhunDon said:

This Covid crap has everyone on edge and the Thais ar’ the exactly known for logical thinking. 
I’ve never traveled on a Thai coach, always preferred the freedom of driving our own car, but I can see the attraction if it’s a decent and comfortable coach with a loo.
Just as long as the driver wasn’t on Yabba and on a bonus to get to his destination 3 hours earlier than the schedule. 
Good luck Glasseye. 🤗

I took the overnight "VIP" (🤣) coach just the once from Mae Sot to Bangkok where I was to be met by a Secrets driver.

Less than 10 minutes into the journey we came to the first Police check point. A policeman came onto the coach and started checking Thai ID cards. When he got to me I produced a Thai driving licence and a copy of my passport which at the time was supposed to be sufficient. Not for this guy who went on and on and was becoming openly hostile to me. Much to my surprise many of the Thai passengers started giving him verbals until he stormed off the coach and away we went again. I stood and gave a general thank you to my new friends. 🤣

It took 8 hours with one stop but it was comfortable enough and I slept most of the way.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jambo said:

I took the overnight "VIP" (🤣) coach just the once from Mae Sot to Bangkok where I was to be met by a Secrets driver.

Less than 10 minutes into the journey we came to the first Police check point. A policeman came onto the coach and started checking Thai ID cards. When he got to me I produced a Thai driving licence and a copy of my passport which at the time was supposed to be sufficient. Not for this guy who went on and on and was becoming openly hostile to me. Much to my surprise many of the Thai passengers started giving him verbals until he stormed off the coach and away we went again. I stood and gave a general thank you to my new friends. 🤣

It took 8 hours with one stop but it was comfortable enough and I slept most of the way.

Brings back horrible memories of wry neck from my student days with overnight travel from london to blackpool

So foreigners aren't allowed in a national park? Wonder if those boys stuck in that underwater cave a couple years ago had been in a national park, would that same rule have been in place?

Foreigners certainly were welcomed then, pleaded with to come.

And with open arms!

Just sayin'.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

13 hours ago, KhunDon said:

Good luck Glasseye. 🤗

The only coach trips I have done are the Pattaya Airport coach and the Hua Hin Airport coach. That's about my limit but they are mainly frequented by foreigners. I have seen my girl get on a few buses from Pattaya to Khon Kaen and on phoning me during the trip she is complaining about the noise from other passengers on phones and watching films without headphones, even some playing instruments..

The Airport Hua Hin Airport bus is one of the nicest rides I have been on.

• Thumbs Up 1