Airline News and Info

Nightcrawler

With situation constantly changing since the C19 pandemic, it's hard to know when airlines will start flying again to Thailand, although some already are, apparently. Of course that will largely depend on Thai Immigration rules and quarantine etc 

So I thought I would start a thread now so that members can keep eachother up to date as to what's happening in the air

Some of us are hopeful for a return in autumn and winter of 2020/21. 

The flight I have seen are mostly provisional. 

Please feel free to add any news/updates/bargains etc as they happen in future

I just had a full refund for next month (with Qatar) though Air Asia are having none of it asking for proof of refund off Qatar which I provided and then they shift the goalposts again..

Shithouses 

I was thinking of Xmas for a month, but the closer it gets I'm not so sure even if it was open it would be worth it and are Thailand even gonna be accepting flights from U.K

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, roomark said:

I just had a full refund for next month (with Qatar) though Air Asia are having none of it asking for proof of refund off Qatar which I provided and then they shift the goalposts again..

Shithouses 

I was thinking of Xmas for a month, but the closer it gets I'm not so sure even if it was open it would be worth it and are Thailand even gonna be accepting flights from U.K

Personally I wouldn't dream of booking anything yet, even though I'm quite confident tourists will be allowed in by then.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I was looking at Skyscanner again last night, sort of pipe dreaming to see what flights are showing for October. I noticed that Swiss Air and BA were charging up to £150 extra on the listed prices for baggage and the prices list were for cabin/ hand luggage only. I wonder if this is going to become standard in future or something to do with current Covid arrangements.?

I tried to work out why this might be. Perhaps if they are changing seat arrangements its way of compensating for less passengers or whether it's just a way of artificially hiking up fares.

Some of the airlines are offering Flexi booking with a surcharge for changing flight dates. 

• Great Info 1

7 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

I was looking at Skyscanner again last night, sort of pipe dreaming to see what flights are showing for October. I noticed that Swiss Air and BA were charging up to £150 extra on the listed prices for baggage and the prices list were for cabin/ hand luggage only. I wonder if this is going to become standard in future or something to do with current Covid arrangements.?

I tried to work out why this night be. Perhaps if they are changing seat arrangements its way of compensating for less passengers or whether it's just a way of artificially hiking up fares.

Some of the airlines are offering Flexi booking with a surcharge for changing flight dates. 

BA, KLM, Air France, Finnair have been charging for luggage on top of basic fare prices since before the pandemic. Will also try and charge for seat selection -- going down the Ryanair route, and charge for everything.

1 hour ago, Nightcrawler said:

I tried to work out why this night be. Perhaps if they are changing seat arrangements its way of compensating for less passengers or whether it's just a way of artificially hiking up fares.

Have a look on Momondo, you can specify checked luggage in your search, Turkish look like my new favourite airline as they're charging £398 for when I'd like to fly

Edited by bexwell

14 minutes ago, bexwell said:

Have a look on Momondo, you can specify checked luggage in your search, Turkish look like my new favourite airline as they're charging £398 for when I'd like to fly

I have flown twice with Turkish in the past. They were OK but a bit of a wait for change over which I think is shorter these days

I cancelled 2 trips and got my money back, I have a trip booked December/January but I will wait and see how things are in Thailand before I decide if I will go, its a Flexi ticket so I will just change it till later if it comes to it. I have a week booked up for a piss up in Moscow in November for my birthday but I don't know if the Ruskies will be letting anyone in from the UK even by then😀.  I was looking on Skyscanner last night for flights September/October , some cracking prices for all over Europe, just your luck if you get in anywhere then 😀

Edited by JPK

32 minutes ago, nampla69 said:

I liked the old Johnny Turki airlines when I flew with them. Lounge in Istanbul is one of the best in the world too. No belly dancers but lots of Turkish Delight ...boom boom. 

Generous airline ....

Turkish are tight f**king bastards!! Still holding onto my money and refusing a refund!!!!

3 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

I have flown twice with Turkish in the past. They were OK but a bit of a wait for change over which I think is shorter these days

I'm a bit hesitant as I won't fly direct any more as I just can't sit for that long, I like to split it roughly in 2 so the middle east carriers make it more bearable.

2 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Raise a dispute with your credit card company, it's what I did when Qatar wouldn't wouldn't answer emails or phones 

I have. Raised it with my Credit card. They are investigating but I haven't heard anything back yet. Only been 11 days though. Bank reckon to wait until 45 days for an outcome!!!

• Thumbs Up 2

I was due to fly back to LHR business class with Oman on April 13th, but they cancelled all passenger flights in late March. When I queried what would happen next, they said I could have two free ticket date changes "within the validity period". I checked the e-ticket and there was no mention of a validity period on it. I had a look on the internet and all I could find was a reference to IATA's definition of the validity period as being one year after you bought the ticket. That would mean it expiring in August this year which is no use to me, I'm not going back until they've got things under control, so probably next year. I got back in touch with Oman and asked abut the validity period and they replied that it ends in August 2021. That suits me fine, if the virus is still raging out of control more than a year from now then we're fecked anyway, so I won't pursue a refund.

• Great Info 1

4 hours ago, KWA said:

Lots of airlines have flights available for sale to/from BKK from July onwards, but whether they actually happen is a different thing  altogether.

Krapow just posted this in the Covid-19 related to Thailand thread:

FB_IMG_1592469610239.jpg

It sounds like the government is playing it ultra-safe, which suits me just fine, but I realise how many problems it creates for people trying to plan their next holiday here, or return to their family in a place they call home.

35 minutes ago, Toy Boy said:

FB_IMG_1592469610239.jpg

It sounds like the government is playing it ultra-safe, which suits me just fine, but I realise how many problems it creates for people trying to plan their next holiday here, or return to their family in a place they call home.

Had been thinking January.

Now kinda thinking, maybe July next year, school holidays, incase of a virus 'uptake' in winter and Thailand and other Country's reaction to it. 

Either way, will not be booking anything until some certainly, whenever that may be ...

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, Toy Boy said:

FB_IMG_1592469610239.jpg

I'm putting that in the fake news pile.  Do we really think one Consulate in the UK is getting inside information before even the CAAT or government have made an announcement?

22 hours ago, Toy Boy said:

FB_IMG_1592469610239.jpg

Bugger .............

8 hours ago, KWA said:

I'm putting that in the fake news pile.  Do we really think one Consulate in the UK is getting inside information before even the CAAT or government have made an announcement?

I agree it's weird that it hasn't been reported anywhere else, but would someone really bother to hack the Hull consulate website just to post that, lol?

And then there's also this that appeared today, the Civil Aviation Authority saying that flights won't resume until September:

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1169276-international-flights-to-thailand-wont-resume-until-september-says-aviation-authority/

That story's now been widely covered by the media, so maybe the Thai Consul in Hull got a heads up?

• Great Info 1

8 hours ago, KWA said:

Not really fake news though is it? All their saying is no more flights until further notice, which happens to be a truthful comment.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1