Airline News and Info

Nightcrawler

16 hours ago, Toy Boy said:

I agree it's weird that it hasn't been reported anywhere else, but would someone really bother to hack the Hull consulate website just to post that, lol?

And then there's also this that appeared today, the Civil Aviation Authority saying that flights won't resume until September:

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1169276-international-flights-to-thailand-wont-resume-until-september-says-aviation-authority/

That story's now been widely covered by the media, so maybe the Thai Consul in Hull got a heads up?

That story says airspace will be opened, but he doesn't expect airlines to fly, because entrance requirements are unknown. When these become clear we'll have a better idea, and it may well be September, but at the moment it's all guesswork IMO.

16 hours ago, Sherlock said:

Not really fake news though is it? All their saying is no more flights until further notice, which happens to be a truthful comment.

The CAAT website says differently (restrictions currently until the end of June) and the CAAT guy in Toy Boy's quoted article say differently too.  I'm pretty sure I won't book until flights are actually flying every day, but at the moment I expect this to be mid July.

On 6/19/2020 at 11:13 AM, Krapow said:

Had been thinking January.

Now kinda thinking, maybe July next year, school holidays, incase of a virus 'uptake' in winter and Thailand and other Country's reaction to it. 

Either way, will not be booking anything until some certainly, whenever that may be ...

Similar story here. Restricted by school holidays so thought December 2020, but shelved that idea then thought Easter 2021 but fancy Cyprus then for a few weeks to make up for our cancelled holiday this year there so come a full year and looking at next July now for Thailand. 

god knows who’ll be flying then what the prices will be, and the travel / airline world will be like in general by then 

On 6/18/2020 at 9:58 PM, Krapow said:

I actually seen an airplane in  the sky earlier today when I was out for a walk.

Can't remember the last time apart from that TBH ...

That was me mate I dropped the bags off in the field, did you not get them? 🙈

4 hours ago, KWA said:

I'm pretty sure I won't book until flights are actually flying every day, but at the moment I expect this to be mid July.

I hope you're right there, because with the visa amnesty set to expire at the end of July they need enough flights for the thousands of tourists still in Thailand to be able to get back home.

The government may well extend the amnesty, as Adam Judd is begging for in the Pattaya News this morning, but the western economies should slowly start to come back to life over the next few months and people "stuck" here since early April will have to go back home to resume working, regardless of what happens with the amnesty.

1 hour ago, Toy Boy said:

I hope you're right there, because with the visa amnesty set to expire at the end of July they need enough flights for the thousands of tourists still in Thailand to be able to get back home.

Really?

Where are they because they don't seem to be in Pattaya? 😀

Edited by Jambo
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Jambo said:

Really?

Where are they because they don't seem to be in Pattaya? 😀

Maybe you missed it while you were stuck up in Nakhon Nowhere, but the mayor himself said numerous times that there are 2,500 tourists left in Pattaya during the checkpoint fiasco.

I haven't seen numbers for the rest of the country, but I'd guess a similar number in Bangkok, and then another couple of thousand in Phuket, Samui, the other islands and up-country, perhaps 10,000 all in all. Does anybody know the numbers for the whole country?

6 hours ago, Toy Boy said:

Maybe you missed it while you were stuck up in Nakhon Nowhere, but the mayor himself said numerous times that there are 2,500 tourists left in Pattaya during the checkpoint fiasco.

I haven't seen numbers for the rest of the country, but I'd guess a similar number in Bangkok, and then another couple of thousand in Phuket, Samui, the other islands and up-country, perhaps 10,000 all in all. Does anybody know the numbers for the whole country?

I ask a perfectly reasonable question as I returned from a visit to Bangsaray/Pattaya a week ago during which Pattaya was a ghost town.