Have you taken the plunge yet and booked a flight?

monkey_omelette

On 6/25/2020 at 7:00 PM, monkey_omelette said:

I've started looking and found some good prices for early September. I might bite the bullet and book next week.

You must be joking flights will not be allowed back in for the normal holiday travelers by then for sure. If they some how are and i am wrong still the 14 day lockdown upon arrvial will be in effect 100% not to mention the other requirements that will sure to still be in place.   

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

You must be joking flights will not be allowed back in for the normal holiday travelers by then for sure. If they some how are and i am wrong still the 14 day lockdown upon arrvial will be in effect 100% not to mention the other requirements that will sure to still be in place.   

Won't be much to go back for then cos most will be shut for good. No tourists = no business = no bars & no girls

1 minute ago, Sherlock said:

Bayer Leverkusen v Bayern Munich. I'm also tempted to book and come over too!

I will probably stay in the Art 'Otel Kurfürstendamm.

My trip will depend on the air bridges being in place such that I don't need to quarantine on return. Media coverage is suggesting 04 July but others say all air bridges should be in place by 06 July. If it is 04 July then good to come back 05 July but if 06 July I probably won't go as I will be going to Paignton in Devon on the 06 July and I will not cancel that trip.

Media reporting huge discounts, now with the travel corridors about to be announced.

Gonna just bid my time, check every day, book when I see a bargain for September somewhere in Europe. Hopefully Turkey, but see what transpires. 

9 hours ago, Krapow said:

Media reporting huge discounts, now with the travel corridors about to be announced.

Gonna just bid my time, check every day, book when I see a bargain for September somewhere in Europe. Hopefully Turkey, but see what transpires. 

Not really seeing them!

I suppose maybe when things are confirmed next week ...

14 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

It's been announced that from the 6th July here in the UK there will be a traffic light system for flights to other countries, Thailand is green. If Thailand reciprocates then it means all good to go.

Qatar, KLM, Lufthansa all displaying flights in September on their booking sites.

Edited by monkey_omelette

6 hours ago, monkey_omelette said:

It's been announced that from the 6th July here in the UK there will be a traffic light system for flights to other countries, Thailand is green. If Thailand reciprocates then it means all good to go.

Qatar, KLM, Lufthansa all displaying flights in September on their booking sites.

You seen the latest UK figures?

Week on week deaths have actually went up. And that's before the pubs etc open next Saturday.

Can't see the Thai's in any hurry to let UK in, at least before Xmas. 

6 minutes ago, Krapow said:

You seen the latest UK figures?

Week on week deaths have actually went up. And that's before the pubs etc open next Saturday.

Can't see the Thai's in any hurry to let UK in, at least before Xmas. 

Most countries that have opened up seeing big spikes ........... and places like Texas........ and Liverpool soon.

6 hours ago, monkey_omelette said:

I will wait for the announcement as no official statement has been made.

There are expectancies and rumours which may or may not turn into fact but the announcement is meant to be on Monday.

I was talking to a friend in Noway today, I believe their lack of Covid would put them in the green light zone according to expectation but it is likely the first foreigners to enter the country would be the Danish (not Swedish) and that is not expected till the middle of July.  Whatever colour a nation falls into that country still needs to allow travelers in and that might not be the 6th.

Announcement Monday, full working rules etc meant to be published Wednesday but then again could all be rumour and perceptions from Chinese whispers.....

11 hours ago, monkey_omelette said:

I wouldn't be in a hurry to buy that ticket and even if they do let you fly here they're not going to lift those requirements I guarantee you especially for the UK in the US based on our numbers if you do buy that ticket make sure it's refundable

Another forum shows an advisory from Thai authorities telling people not to book flights without prior entry approval from the Thai Embassy in their own Countries.

Those allowed in will have to pay for their own mandatory 14 day day quarantine in Thailand.

General Tourist entry into Thailand is still some time off.

The media printing the green, amber and red light traffic system is going to cause problems to those who see the information as a valid reason to book a holiday.

Thailand is shown in the green zone yet it would be impractical for any tourist to arrive into the country on or just after 06 July but the information on the journal will be read as if they can.

It doesn't make it clear that the light system just conveys which countries have low transmission rates and would be viewed as safe to fly there.

Reality is that the air bridges still need to be agreed and may not be reciprocal for days, weeks or months after 06 July whatever colour the light is.

I hope to go to Germany on Friday with a return on 06 July but I will still wait for 'official' announcements before committing pounds and pence.

On 6/25/2020 at 1:14 PM, Sangsom said:

I’ve been consistently saying I’m not going anywhere this year. Getting sick to death of this working from home shit, thinking of asking if they will allow me to work from home abroad, could then hole up somewhere in Thailand and work 3-11pm Thai time. Would probably use the daytime more constructively than my current slobbing out on the sofa and boozing each evening 😒

I have been thinking exactly the same...most places I know of are moving to a different contract change saying the office is not the usual place of work and giving employees the choice. I’m might just taking the plunge and live out in Thailand for a year if the opportunity presents itself. There will be one of two outcomes....it works really well....or Pattaya will gain themselves another beach bum 😂

1 minute ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Capture+_2020-06-28-18-53-28.png

Thailand is green as it is recognised as a safe destination in not catching Covid. The green light as opposed to amber and red indicates only that the country has low Covid infections,  it doesn't indicate that Thailand will let you in so the media is not serving the public with real information.  Joe public sees it as a confirmation that they can get on a flight and head to the LOS, it is more likely that it indicates that people from Thailand can come to the UK without the need to quarantine once they are here.

A lot of real data and regulation needs to be added to the information to say exactly what these graphs, sensationalist headlines mean otherwise a lot of people are going to be disappointed.

For me I see it as a view that I may be able to come back from Germany without the need to quarantine as soon as possibly the 06 July but the details have not been confirmed and I still await a government statement.

47 minutes ago, monkey_omelette said:

I still think there may be a chance in September. Things can change quickly. 

The only thing that could cause a change that quickly is a huge medical breakthrough. We can hope, but we should not expect.

1 hour ago, Horizondave said:

Thailand is green as it is recognised as a safe destination in not catching Covid. The green light as opposed to amber and red indicates only that the country has low Covid infections,  it doesn't indicate that Thailand will let you in so the media is not serving the public with real information.  Joe public sees it as a confirmation that they can get on a flight and head to the LOS, it is more likely that it indicates that people from Thailand can come to the UK without the need to quarantine once they are here.

A lot of real data and regulation needs to be added to the information to say exactly what these graphs, sensationalist headlines mean otherwise a lot of people are going to be disappointed.

For me I see it as a view that I may be able to come back from Germany without the need to quarantine as soon as possibly the 06 July but the details have not been confirmed and I still await a government statement.

Exactly! Just don't understand why Stickprick cant get his head around that fact!!

• Thumbs Up 3