Have you taken the plunge yet and booked a flight?

monkey_omelette

Still waiting for the idiots in government to make a decision on whether they are going get rid of the quarantine requirements on entry to the UK from 06 July. I am booked to travel to Berlin on Saturday and I will receive my boarding card tomorrow from 0840 but I will not go if they have not made this, long awaited, decision by tomorrow evening.

I am off to the Devon coast on Monday via the Mendips and that is more important than any international travel presently. I will not jeopardize that.

I just contacted my travel insurance company out of interest to see what it would cost me for 4 weeks in Thailand. 

£82.57

I could live with that.

Won't be booking yet though.  But October would be nice in a perfect world.  Not holding my breath though.  Would probably stick with Emirates, Gatwick to BKK via Dubai.

Still pipe dreaming.

• Great Info 1

20 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

I just contacted my travel insurance company out of interest to see what it would cost me for 4 weeks in Thailand. 

£82.57

I could live with that.

IIRC, as things stand right now, the insurance has to be under a Thai government approved policy.

1 hour ago, Nightcrawler said:

£82.57

I could live with that.

Won't be booking yet though.  But October would be nice in a perfect world.  Not holding my breath though.  Would probably stick with Emirates, Gatwick to BKK via Dubai.

Still pipe dreaming.

Have you looked at an annual policy? I paid about the same as you for a 1 year policy just as Corona was kicking off.

On 6/27/2020 at 8:42 PM, nampla69 said:

Most countries that have opened up seeing big spikes ........... and places like Texas........ and Liverpool soon.

Scousers with have anything if it's free 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Still waiting for the idiots in government to make a decision on whether they are going get rid of the quarantine requirements on entry to the UK from 06 July. I am booked to travel to Berlin on Saturday and I will receive my boarding card tomorrow from 0840 but I will not go if they have not made this, long awaited, decision by tomorrow evening.

I am off to the Devon coast on Monday via the Mendips and that is more important than any international travel presently. I will not jeopardize that.

My homeland. Was down there last week, always drive down through, cheddar, wedmore , glastonbury from Bristol etc. Enjoy 

if you stop in Glastonbury try this place which is right up your street 

https://www.glastonburyales.com/

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Horizondave said:

It's Sturgeon in Scotland being a c**t and playing Politics as usual. That's what's holding it up. 

Boris will probably announce it tomorrow in the press conference, if not announced to Parliament before. Papers probably get briefed on it tonight as well. 

Horrible little Jimmy Krankie!

Edited by Krapow
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, AJSP said:

My homeland. Was down there last week, always drive down through, cheddar, wedmore , glastonbury from Bristol etc. Enjoy 

18 minutes ago, AJSP said:

About half an hour from where we are staying at Axbridge Best Western Webbington Hotel.

6 minutes ago, Krapow said:

It's Sturgeon in Scotland being a c**t and playing Politics as usual. That's what's holding it up. 

Boris will probably announce it tomorrow in the press conference, if not announced to Parliament before. Papers probably get briefed on it tonight as well. 

Boris seems to be the one speeding ahead and playing politics since the last week of May .... as much as I dislike Sturgeon , I can't criticise her during this 

2 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

£82.57

I could live with that.

Still pipe dreaming.

£82.57 blimey ........ bit of a result !!

Was that before you had to declare all the hundreds of pre-existing medical and psychiatric ailments, chronic and ongoing addictions, multiple personality and eating disorders, therapies, sexual dysfunction counselling , hypnosis, regressive shock treatments, lobotomies, CBT, ......

..... apart from that doc I feel fine !!! Now how much is that quote again ??? :default_cry: How much !!!!!

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Boris seems to be the one speeding ahead and playing politics since the last week of May .... as much as I dislike Sturgeon , I can't criticise her during this 

Well, we can agree to disagree. No matter what Westminster does, she'll play politics and do different IMO. 

Nevermind covering up shit like the Nike Conference. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

£82.57

I could live with that.

Still pipe dreaming.

That's encouraging, to be honest I thought the insurance companies would use it as an ideal opportunity to pull all our pants down. Thanks for the info.

1 hour ago, Krapow said:

Well, we can agree to disagree. No matter what Westminster does, she'll play politics and do different IMO. 

Nevermind covering up shit like the Nike Conference. 

She will be contradictory regardless, Boris could give Scotland £500 billion tomorrow and she's still find a reason to criticise and moan that it either wasn't enough or took too long in coming. She's a spiteful little turd.

The biggest shame is that Ruth Davidson stood down pre election, I always rated her and she could well have gained a shedload of ground had she remained in situe, maybe even giving NS a wee bit of a kick up the backside.

Possibly go to Tenerife in November, looked on sky scammers can get flight at about 80 quid  with Sleazy jet. will book hotel with booking. com .  Way cheaper than going to Thailand & the weather will be okay .

14 hours ago, Krapow said:

I heard that when she was at Uni her nickname was seaweed because even the tide wouldn't take her out.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, simon said:

Possibly go to Tenerife in November, looked on sky scammers can get flight at about 80 quid  with Sleazy jet. will book hotel with booking. com .  Way cheaper than going to Thailand & the weather will be okay .

Booked for Feb, Costa Adeje. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Cancelled my trip to Berlin. A bit pissed about that but 'half glass full' attitude means I have saved £300 or more and I can always do it another time......

Paignton here I come.

Why?