I knew there was a good reason....

coxyhog

13 hours ago, Pillow Biter said:

Just need enough skill to point it at a building

Lol, after they've sat through that part of the training they probably feel they've learnt enough and then get a mate to sit the exam for them!

• Haha 1

Flew on PIA once, Islamabad to Karachi.

Genuinely people brought on live chickens wrapped up with just their heads sticking out, people standing up when taking off, a few groups set up ‘picnics’ in the aisle so they could eat together. 
Completely bizzare and wouldn’t do it again through choice. 

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, Scotty said:

Flew on PIA once, Islamabad to Karachi.

Genuinely people brought on live chickens wrapped up with just their heads sticking out, people standing up when taking off, a few groups set up ‘picnics’ in the aisle so they could eat together. 
Completely bizzare and wouldn’t do it again through choice. 

It was bad enough flying Thai from Muscat to Bangkok in the 80's via Karachi.Apart from the Paki's drinking too much(& some of those Beluchi's are big guys) the Thai cabin crew were a pretty miserable lot.I asked one of them once why & she said that it was a punishment route.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, coxyhog said:

It was bad enough flying Thai from Muscat to Bangkok in the 80's via Karachi.Apart from the Paki's drinking too much(& some of those Beluchi's are big guys) the Thai cabin crew were a pretty miserable lot.I asked one of them once why & she said that it was a punishment route.

I used to fly Gulf from Muscat to Bombay, for some reason the usual GF Business class flight wasn't available, and I had been booked on Air India. In economy.

Never, ever, ever again.

Edited by Butch

2 worst flights I ever had the misfortune to be on were an Air India flight from Heathrow to New York and a Pan Am flight from Delhi to Frankfurt. 

Both flights were nightmares, in fact the Pan Am flight was the most awful, it was that bad that I deplaned in Frankfurt and bought a separate ticket on to London.

4 hours ago, Khun Ling said:

I know a blokes reckons after take off he saw someone get out some kind of cooler and start cooking food in the isle. Early 90’s onward this tale

This tale was valid in the 80's as well. 

It was common at the time with airlines such as Bangladesh Biman. Passengers on occasions would use portable cookers in their seat row to cook food.

Worse still were those who would defecate in their seat as they did not know toilets were available nearby. 

Planes were required to be deep cleaned and fumigated on occasions.

I worked at Heathrow at that time and many strange things took place.

• Haha 2
  • Surprised 1

4 hours ago, Horizondave said:

This tale was valid in the 80's as well. 

It was common at the time with airlines such as Bangladesh Biman. Passengers on occasions would use portable cookers in their seat row to cook food.

Worse still were those who would defecate in their seat as they did not know toilets were available nearby. 

Planes were required to be deep cleaned and fumigated on occasions.

I worked at Heathrow at that time and many strange things took place.

My mate worked as a fireman at LHR back in the 80's, he told me a few pretty shocking stories, one particularly about the state of the toilets in an Air India 747...

Probably not appropriate for this area of the forum though.

Does anyone else avoid the bogs on an aircraft unless it is absolutely necessary ?. Even after waking up I prefer to freshen myself up using wet wipes rather than having ablutions in the toilet!.

9 hours ago, Khun Ling said:

I know a blokes reckons after take off he saw someone get out some kind of cooler and start cooking food in the isle. Early 90’s onward this tale

Late 70s I flew Afghan Air to Katmandhu.

Only thing they didn't do was slaughter any goats during the flight but yes plenty of cooking going on ...... propeller driven plane too. 

No face masks back then either .......... no shoes for half the flight either..... :default_cutting-sausage:

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Butch said:

My mate worked as a fireman at LHR back in the 80's, he told me a few pretty shocking stories, one particularly about the state of the toilets in an Air India 747...

Probably not appropriate for this area of the forum though.

Does anyone else avoid the bogs on an aircraft unless it is absolutely necessary ?. Even after waking up I prefer to freshen myself up using wet wipes rather than having ablutions in the toilet!.

As I said in a previous thread an Air India 747 flight I took from Heathrow to New York was one of the worst nightmare flights I ever took.  Also I got caught with the runs at Delhi airport in 1985, every toilet I went into was blocked up but I just had to go before realising there was no paper, luckily I had a diary spare and January to October came in handy as a paper substitute, I have never been back. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

And not let's forget about the many dodgy teachers in Thailand and other countries in SE Asia. I have had many conversations with nefarious characters who have got into teaching in Thailand with fake or dubious certificates. Luckily though they may not have the lives of their children dangling precariously by their actions although their futures may not be as bright as they could be.