Sign in to follow this  
Pumpuynarak

Buying a new PC and transferring all my info/data over.

Posted (edited)

My all in one Acer PC is getting on for 8 years old and i'm thinking of getting a new one, my old one is starting to really slow up and do strange things and i can quite see the day when nothing happens on fire up. Now i really like the all in one PC's with wifi mouse and keyboard and have been really happy with the Acer and i see on Lazada i can get an Acer AIO C24 PC for 25K, would this PC and its specs be a good buy ?

Now my problems really start when i want to transfer everything over to my new PC, now i've researched google so i have some ideas as to what to do but is there any concrete advice you can give me ?

Thanks guys in anticipation. 

Acer AIO 1.PNG

Acer AIO.PNG

Edited by Pumpuynarak

Posted (edited)

Buy a USB-SATA cable, take your hard drive out of your old computer and connect it to your new one with said lead and just drag your files over. Really as easy as it sounds.

ScreenHunter_457 Jun. 29 14.29.jpg

Edited by bexwell
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, bexwell said:

Buy a USB-SATA cable, take your hard drive out of your old computer and connect it to your new one with said lead and just drag your files over. Really as easy as it sounds.

ScreenHunter_457 Jun. 29 14.29.jpg

Works for documents and other files like that, won't work for (most) programs, settings and the like. With Firefox (or derived browsers) and Thunderbird you can quite easily transfer the settings as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

Now as a confirmed com dino bear with me, would buying a good backup HD be the best idea as i would have all my info saved forever as well as transferring to my new PC ? 

10 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Now as a confirmed com dino bear with me, would buying a good backup HD be the best idea as i would have all my info saved forever as well as transferring to my new PC ? 

Not forever (magnetic "evaporation"), but long enough for all practical purposes.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sign in to follow this