Ill-judged lockdown purchases

Bazle

Here’s what you should do then. 
Get yourself a half dozen old wooden lollipop sticks and wrap them around your old man and use some brown sticky tape to hold them in place. Then off you go down walking street.
When you see a girl you like, tell her you’re a virgin, then whip it out and show her and say “look, it’s never been used, see, it’s still in its packing case”. She’ll take pity on you and may even  give you a discount. 
Works for me every time. 🤗

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, KhunDon said:

Here’s what you should do then. 
Get yourself a half dozen old wooden lollipop sticks and wrap them around your old man and use some brown sticky tape to hold them in place. Then off you go down walking street.
When you see a girl you like, tell her you’re a virgin, then whip it out and show her and say “look, it’s never been used, see, it’s still in its packing case”. She’ll take pity on you and may even  give you a discount. 
Works for me every time. 🤗

Nah....for a 1000bt that I'd pay for s/t I can buy enough bread, cheese, bacon and cigarettes to last me a week and I like those more so I'll stick with them.

Back to the title now of the thread now and a mate that will be going home soon offered to sell me a nearly new scanner/printer yesterday for a lot less than half price of a new one, for some reason I bought it ? I'm going to have to cut down on the bacon, bread and cheese now.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mrcharliemofo said:

Nah....for a 1000bt that I'd pay for s/t I can buy enough bread, cheese, bacon and cigarettes to last me a week and I like those more so I'll stick with them.

Back to the title now of the thread now and a mate that will be going home soon offered to sell me a nearly new scanner/printer yesterday for a lot less than half price of a new one, for some reason I bought it ? I'm going to have to cut down on the bacon, bread and cheese now.

Jeez,  printers ... I don't like ... for me .... seems the printers use endless ink ... I think the printer companies should rename their companies to "Ink" companies ...  plus, the paper feeds always seem to clog up on me .... always!

Over the last couple of years I have finally been able to go without having / using a printer ... makes me happy!

I know this probably belongs in the watch thread but I've been looking to treat myself to a new timepiece. I'm not normally one for spending a lot of brass on a watch but I fell in love with this 1930s vintage Dunhill watch. It's been reserved and hopefully sold but I'm going to enquire anyway. £935.

DSCN4555.jpg

Edited by Aqualung
Missed info
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Jeez,  printers ... I don't like ... for me .... seems the printers use endless ink ... I think the printer companies should rename their companies to "Ink" companies ...  plus, the paper feeds always seem to clog up on me .... always!

Over the last couple of years I have finally been able to go without having / using a printer ... makes me happy!

I made sure this one has proper ink tanks as I know exactly what you mean, last time I bought a cheap Canon printer for about 1400bt, the ink ran out after the ex wanted 50 or so colour sheets printing and the cartridges weren't refillable. I priced up new cartridges and they were close to 1000bt so that hasn't been put to use since then. So I'll probably be binning a hardly used printer soon because of the price of new cartridges. Crazy.

7 hours ago, Sangsom said:

Don’t regret it but bought a new IPhone Pro for around £1k when I was pissed off my face the other week 🤣 Woke up saw the invoice in my email inbox and thought you f......king twat!

I went on a bit of a foolish spree last month, was going to wait until January to sell a few devices in Thailand. Huge pain in the arse as we speak, I’m trying to unload an 11 ProMax 64 and IPad Air. You’d think  I’m in Morocco with all the bargaining going on, people trying to get something new in the box for 35% off. Had enough for tonight, I just might sell my IPhone 8 and activate the ProMax. I know with Covid prices are bound to fall, but some of these buyers are idiots

3 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

^^^  the current prices for I-Phones are way over the top .. IMHO .. even if you like the ecosystem ...

Ok ok, I’ll gift it to you next winter if you hook me up with some hot & crazy ladies in BKK

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

Ok ok, I’ll gift it to you next winter if you hook me up with some hot & crazy ladies in BKK

Bro .. that is not fair ... I can and will hook you up ... for free !  Just to see the "shit eating" smile on your face the next day .. LOL

But, I am 100% serious .. I can hook you up .. very easy !

Edited by code_slayer_bkk
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Bro .. that is not fair ... I can and will hook you up ... for free !  Just to see the "shit eating" smile on your face the next day .. LOL

But, I am 100% serious .. I can hook you up .. very easy !

Bless you child......but Montreal still got better pizza

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Signing up to Wish was a mistake, never again

Never bought anything but I love the ads I get on my phone, gorgeous looking girls in undies.... 😁

Edited by biggles
Spell
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Sherlock said:

Is that iPhone any good? Been looking at the Max version myself.

The camera is very good and battery life is decent. Other than that basically the same, that said I’ve only had it for a week and haven’t sussed it all out yet.

1 hour ago, monkey_omelette said:

Since lockdown started I've probably bought enough cans of beer to fill an Olympic swimming pool. My waist line regrets those purchases now.

Me also .. big bottles ... lockdown has nothing to do with it for me .. I like beer ... but my waistline doesn't suffer .. I have a super hard time gaining any weight and I also eat like a pig ....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KhunDon said:

The wife bought this card for our son to give me on Father’s Day. She obviously didn’t look closely at it!

Damn nearly shat my pants when I read it, which she and our son obviously didn’t. 
Being a father again at 68 wasn’t part of my plan. 
Her and the MIL are still laughing about it over Skype. 😡

81C4D9C4-1230-498B-81E6-8C2780D5FE26.jpeg

C3552489-811E-4221-B976-24BD45FDABCC.jpeg

The thought was there!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jambo said:

I spent 30,600 baht on a new ABS system for the car when the old one went tits up after visiting Phil at Le Pub.

Not really Covid19 related but still pisses me off. 🥴

LOL , a month ago .. I had to buy a new dash board control ... the speed-o- monitor, gas gauge .. everything stopped working in my dash ... 22K ...  watched them replace it  .... 2 screws and plug in a couple of plugs .. they were done in less than 5 minutes .. 

What a f**king rip off ....

3 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

LOL , a month ago .. I had to buy a new dash board control ... the speed-o- monitor, gas gauge .. everything stopped working in my dash ... 22K ...  watched them replace it  .... 2 screws and plug in a couple of plugs .. they were done in less than 5 minutes .. 

What a f**king rip off ....

Thought labor was cheap in Thailand

8 hours ago, Krapow said:

For strutting back into the gym as soon as it opens like a Boss!

FB_IMG_1593557247968.jpg

6 hours ago, fygjam said:

What do you want a Wasserbesen set for? (pity those bloody shoes got in the way)

Aqua Clean von Eurotops

1 hour ago, Golfingboy said:

Napa Auto Parts got into the footwear business?

They're Lidl ffs. You couldn't get much cheaper or ridiculous looking in a skip!

The kinda think @roomark used to wear raving with his high vis jackets, but normal people like me wouldn't be seen dead in 😂

• Haha 2