England vs Windies

coxyhog

Just now, coxyhog said:

England's batting not affected by the pandemic at all,carrying on as usual😂

If the excuse for this performance is "lack of match practice" due to the pandemic, what's the excuse for the previous years....?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

England's batting not affected by the pandemic at all,carrying on as usual😂

Surprised Stokes chose to bat in those conditions. 

Guess he couldn't wait to get out there and have a slog. 

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

Surprised Stokes chose to bat in those conditions. 

Guess he couldn't wait to get out there and have a slog. 

Especially as the next few days are supposed to be sunny.If the Windies survive tonight they could go on tomorrow & get a big score.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, coxyhog said:

Especially as the next few days are supposed to be sunny.If the Windies survive tonight they could go on tomorrow & get a big score.

I was equally surprised we batted first considering the overhead condition and our bowling attack. 

Having said that both sides will be out of nick so I suppose just over 200 ain't that bad. 

Even if the sun shines for the rest of the test match I think(hope) west indies will struggle to pile on the runs. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

Highlights on BBC2 in 10 minutes. 

First time I've watched it on TV this year.

Wierd without the spectator sound.

Cracking shot. Silence

Appeal. Silence.

Wicket. Silence.

Streaker runs on (How the f**k did he get in?) . Silence.

Could be watching a game on the village green...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Painter said:

First time I've watched it on TV this year.

Wierd without the spectator sound.

Cracking shot. Silence

Appeal. Silence.

Wicket. Silence.

Streaker runs on (How the f**k did he get in?) . Silence.

Could be watching a game on the village green...

No way..... Village cricket up north would go something like, 

Normal without spectator sound. 

Cracking shot. Maybe once a season 

Appeal. Every delivery. 

Wicket. Never out in a million years even if my stumps are splayed all over the place. 

Streaker runs on. Hello mate, have you brought a bat and some whites! 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, galenkia said:

Windies need 200 to win so good chance of a result today rather than a draw. 

No chance of rain so barring a crowd invasion(highly unlikely) & the wicket being damaged it'll go one way or the other.

Windies must be favourites.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, coxyhog said:

No chance of rain so barring a crowd invasion(highly unlikely) & the wicket being damaged it'll go one way or the other.

Been impressed with their bowling, Gabriel looks top class. 

Him and Holder are superb, but all their bowlers have bowled well. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

27-3 Windies not favourites now.....

Didn't realise till listening to the commentary that this was the only top flight cricket going on anywhere in the world. Interesting theory from Ian Bishop that having to arrive 1 month before the first Test has advantaged the Windies, giving them time to acclimatise and prepare properly for a change.

Cricket needs a competitive West Indies team, think we will win the next  2 Tests with Root in for Denly -  Manchester "summer" weather allowing🙂

Edited by Lemondropkid
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

7 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

Didn't realise till listening to the commentary that this was the only top flight cricket going on anywhere in the world. Interesting theory from Ian Bishop that having to arrive 1 month before the first Test has advantaged the Windies, giving them time to acclimatise and prepare properly for a change.

Cricket needs a competitive West Indies team, think we will win the next Test with Root in for Denly. We will win the next two- Manchester "summer" weather allowing🙂

Everyone wants a quality Windies team, would love to see them have a spell like I watched as a kid in the 70's and 80's.

Malcolm Marshall was my cricket idol back then. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Everyone wants a quality Windies team, would love to see them have a spell like I watched as a kid in the 70's and 80's.

Malcolm Marshall was my cricket idol back then. 

Seen the Windies several times back in the day at Lords, atmosphere was unreal when their fans could get in to a game (paying or otherwise 😄) .

Marshall is still the fastest bowler I've ever seen live. Watched him bowl in very murky light to Gower, think he had him first ball. Didn't see the ball till it bounced off his pad and the umpire gave him out LBW- mind you I don't think Gower saw it either .

Edited by Lemondropkid
  • Like 3