Beaches

dcfc2007

See the same thing in the RP. Wife's village has a black sand beach, and with a bit of help from the locals to clean it up it would be cracking, the currents are fairly weak, the sea bed is sand so you can fish from there and it has a decent size. Sadly though the fishermen who live there also use it as a rubbish bin, toilet and treat it very badly.

I really have a bee in my bonnet about plastic in the sea and pollution. I hate to see it and pics like that break my heart.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

Well we all know Thai's only give a shit about today not tomorrow . Pictures are no surprise .

Big problem with plastic is it's virtually indestructible . Every piece that's ever been made is still here with us .

With tons and tons more made every day . 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2020 at 7:19 PM, dcfc2007 said:

The fact that the worst sea polluters in the world are the S.E Asian nations has come back to bite them on the arse. 

Screenshot_20200703_101731.jpgScreenshot_20200703_101717.jpg

Screenshot_20200703_101731.jpg

Screenshot_20200703_101717.jpg

back in the late 90s Pattaya was nearly as bad,the local council would have blokes cleaning up every morning before 7am.

seen it on most mornings not as bad as above but dirty enough that I have NEVER swam in pattaya,not even in the pool of the pubs I stayed in before 96/97.

regards

grayray

Edited by grayray
left the never out
  • Like 2

On 7/3/2020 at 10:19 AM, dcfc2007 said:

The fact that the worst sea polluters in the world are the S.E Asian nations has come back to bite them on the arse. 

Screenshot_20200703_101731.jpgScreenshot_20200703_101717.jpg

Screenshot_20200703_101731.jpg

Screenshot_20200703_101717.jpg

Today's Daily Mail had pictures of the British beaches and Riverside places that were left as utter shit holes the other week. Why the f**k cannot people take their rubbish home, not leave it for other people to clean up?. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, galenkia said:

Today's Daily Mail had pictures of the British beaches and Riverside places that were left as utter shit holes the other week. Why the f**k cannot people take their rubbish home, not leave it for other people to clean up?. 

Pure laziness - I think - or, blatantly f**king stupid

I see it all the time here in BKK ... a person could be standing directly next to a garbage bin and their garbage ends up on the ground ... and for sure, if there is no garbage bin around it ends up on the ground

I cannot say all Thais do this -- but, it seems to me most ... at least in the city

Edited by code_slayer_bkk
  • Thumbs Up 4

1 hour ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Pure laziness - I think - or, blatantly f**king stupid

I see it all the time here in BKK ... a person could be standing directly next to a garbage bin and their garbage ends up on the ground ... and for sure, if there is no garbage bin around it ends up on the ground

I cannot say all Thais do this -- but, it seems to me most ... at least in the city

You wanna see it up here in Issan Code, beggars belief what the locals do with their rubbish, its everywhere and i mean everywhere. Thailand could be a very beautiful country if only the people would show some thought/consideration as to rubbish disposal but they don't GAF.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pumpuynarak said:

I have never ever set foot on Pattaya's beach and have no intention of ever doing so, do people really go to Pattaya for the beach ?

When in Pattaya I usually take an early morning walk on the beach.

I'm an early riser...it's quite pleasant in the morning. Good to stretch the legs after a late night horizontal folk dancing session.

Fresh air, cool breeze, etc. ... (& the smell of petrol in the morning). 

Mostly quiet except for Chinese tourists loading up for Koh Larn...& it's before riff & raff wake up at the crack of 4pm.

35421305984_6548a685c9_c.jpg

Edited by lazarus
no way I'd ever go in the water, though...
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Pumpuynarak said:

I have never ever set foot on Pattaya's beach and have no intention of ever doing so, do people really go to Pattaya for the beach ?

All of my years going on and off to Patts .. I have never put my foot in the water .. not even in Jomtien .... and I am a sea-type of guy ...

I also have only been north in Isaan 1 time -- I think the name of the place was Sakon Nakhon ... went up there to a gals wedding that I knew ... I was shocked ... the back yard of this place where they had the wedding was piled with all kinds of garbage .... I mean piled up ...

And like you said .. loads of f**king garbage everywhere else I saw up there ... a gigantic turn off for me .. but, I kept my mouth shut and just endured ...

As for me ... I never went to Patts for the beaches ... lol

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

You wanna see it up here in Issan Code, beggars belief what the locals do with their rubbish, its everywhere and i mean everywhere. Thailand could be a very beautiful country if only the people would show some thought/consideration as to rubbish disposal but they don't GAF.

What all the guys say on here and as Butch says that plastic in the sea etc is heartbreaking.

As Pumps knows we are not far apart when I am in the Boonies and watching the Isaan folk burn their rubbish and plastic and throw plastic out of their 4X4s.

Those beach pictures make you want to despair .........mind you anyone see recent pics in UK of Bournemouth beach after sunshine and Liverpool after the Premier League win ....... we are not that much better especially the young in UK.

• Thumbs Up 2

7 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

There's a beach in Pattaya? And, here I always thought it was a sewage treatment center? Never put a toe in it whatever it is being portrayed as.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Steelers4Life said:

There's a beach in Pattaya? And, here I always thought it was a sewage treatment center? Never put a toe in it whatever it is being portrayed as.

I have had the odd paddle but never above knee height. 😃

Though I do enjoy sitting by the beach on beach road. 

Dongtan beach is my favourite though.Less people and vendors. 

• Thumbs Up 2

9 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

This is what you call a beach, Thailand is no more than a shithole joke imo.

IMG_20190613_0001.jpg

IMG_20190613_0002.jpg

I have to agree but Pattaya is a city that just happens to have a beach in front of it.  It also has residents who don't give a flying monkeys what they do with their rubbish which ends up in the drains which no doubt ends up in the sea.  It also has a city council that has done little to alleviate the rubbish situation or the annual flooding which takes place to the detriment of many.

That is why many don't go to Pattaya for the beach but are happy to complain about it, we all knew that didn't we.

The above beach and many like it in other SE Asian nations are reasons for many not going to Thailand although if in Thailand and wanting the beach as your prime focus then there are other areas to visit, just not Pattaya

• Thumbs Up 2