The New Normal of Airline Travel

thunder367

I couldn't give a f**k about the food or drink. Unless it's long haul i don't eat it anyway, even then, not much. Now it might be a cold meal, couldn't care less. 

More hygiene and an extra flight attendant who's job it is to clean the toilets every 90mins is a positive in my world. 

That was what the majority of that video was about.

:default_coffee:

I like Sam, he's a great guy to follow and very well informed, but I can't see the Airline fleets doing away with A380's, they may put them into storage, but once a vaccine becomes available then these measures might not be needed as much.

This might also benefit the Airlines, doing away with the food heating systems and other bits and bobs, making a fair weight saving on the Aircraft. They will also save on the cost of food I imagine, but I was under the (perhaps mistaken) impression that Business and First class are the money makers and generate the highest revenue. I can see the stuff like Menus becoming digital on the IFE screens rather than have throw away single use ones as well (I think Norwegian do this already).

Hopefully these measures are temporary, and when demand improves again in time, they will no longer be needed.

• Like 1

It is uncomfortable enough in economy with a lack of space that when the meal is served, it gets way too cramped to even enjoy a meal with having little to no room for your arms when using utensils to cut up your beef or chicken or butter your dinner roll. Plus, the service to clean up always seem to lag way too long from the time most everyone is done with their meal so you really can't move.

If I am going to make any international flights in the future, I'm going to book only premium economy if possible, as I would just incorporate the higher fare into the increased length of trip to compensate. Won't be anymore 1 week trips for me, or a 10-12 day Thailand trips. Now, with retirement on the horizon, I can plan in terms of 4 weeks or longer for an international destination.

Just a matter of eventually dropping these travel restrictions once this pandemic is deemed under control or a vaccine has been developed.

• Like 1

Careful, Premium Economy is the gateway drug into business lol.

I totally agree, economy is a tough gig these days, especially if , like me, you suffer with lower back pain and a buggered shoulder from years of manual work which I still do. I do have a ceiling price for PE, but after each journey I always tell myself that it's worth it. I have done economy a few times, and each time I always tell myself to pay the extra and go PE the next time 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Butch said:

Careful, Premium Economy is the gateway drug into business lol.

I totally agree, economy is a tough gig these days, especially if , like me, you suffer with lower back pain and a buggered shoulder from years of manual work which I still do. I do have a ceiling price for PE, but after each journey I always tell myself that it's worth it. I have done economy a few times, and each time I always tell myself to pay the extra and go PE the next time 🙂

I flew PE on EVA on the YVR-TPE-BKK route for 13 years, with the occasional upgrade to business, and enjoyed it thoroughly. I switched to Cathay Pacific in PE for my last trip because EVA was dropping PE from YVR with their switch to the 787, and didn't find it quite up to the standard I had enjoyed with EVA. I ended up flying home in early April on Korean Air  in economy because of the closure of HKG and it was quite enjoyable but that is mainly because the plane was almost empty - I don't relish the thought of flying economy on a long flight again with a return to normal capacities - I have been spoiled now and will willingly pay extra for a more comfortable flight for the longer routes. 

• Like 2