China -- KIng Gold Jewelery Scandal

code_slayer_bkk

The f**kers cannot be trusted .. any of them .. and I have said it on multiple occasions on this forum ... after doing business there for many years ....

KingGold Jewelry -- NASDAQ - the company used 83 tonnes of gold bars as collateral and insurance policies to cover any losses but many of them have turned out to be gilded copper.

This has left creditors holding the collateral for the remaining 16 billion yuan of loans outstanding against the fake gold bars.

Why the f**k does the US allow any of these criminals Chinese companies to list on any stock US exchange ...

Another fucking criminal Chinese company Luckin Coffee - NASDAQ - Luckin’s shares surged to more than $50 apiece in mid-January, giving it a market capitalization of about $12 billion. But the stock took a nosedive after the company disclosed April 2 that nearly half the revenue it reported in the last three quarters of 2019, or 2.2 billion yuan ($310 million), was fake. Luckin was last traded at $4.39.

I am positive there are a shit load more - just wait and see !

Edited by code_slayer_bkk
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

As I follow the NYSE I learned of a few, the latest being   LUCKIN.

But there are plenty decent Chinese companies listed in the US. BABA being one.

And remember ENRON, MADOFF, etc.... they weren't Chinese !

Madoff -- I agree with you ...

ENRON - a much different story -- Mueller, Weismann ( yes, the same special counsel for the Russian hoax ) and "company"  f***d this up big time ... everyone convicted was later exonerated by a higher courts rulings .. Mueller and Weismann also bank rupted Arthur Andersen ( the accounting firm for ENRON ) which was one of the largest accounting firms in the USA at the time ... ENRON was another witch hunt IMHO ... 

BABA -- deep ties to the CCP .. I wouldn't trust any of their financials ...

37 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

BABA -- deep ties to the CCP .. I wouldn't trust any of their financials ...

Baba went from 60 USD 2 y ago to now over 200....

NIO, electric car manufacturer, bought at 3,7 sold 9 months later at 12 ! 

But of course, you have to do a bit of DD ! And watch them every day.

Never really got involved nor had any interest in it so my investments has always been with property and gold bars solid bars nothing to right home about in gold.

If i don't understand it then i don't bother..

• Thumbs Up 1

59 minutes ago, Lanzalad said:

Never really got involved nor had any interest in it so my investments has always been with property and gold bars solid bars nothing to right home about in gold.

It started a bit like a hobby. Like "hey, lets do something different from the technical (machinery) stuff I do at work"

25 y later it is still a hobby, with reasonable amounts of money. 

Now, sure, if I decided to spend hours every night in front of computer screens, I would probably make better money, but that's not the intention.

I did some good deals, I did some bad ones, but globally I end up positive.

Like everything, important is not to get hooked or enslaved to it.

And the few times I had some great results, it was usually spend in Wanchai the next weekend !

Whats the point of accumulating money at 60+ ? Simply enjoy it....

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Lanzalad said:

I'm the same, got a few flats that I rent out, pay into a pension and fill my ISA every year thats it. Not got a clue about stocks or anything like that, i opened a Hargreaves lansdown account and bought a few books from amazon I seen recommended a few months ago. They are for beginners buying stocks and funds,  I've not even took the books out the packaging yet 😀

I've been in the markets for decades, but I'm a buy and hold guy.  For a little while during the 2008 crash I day traded a bit.  I made money but too much stress.  I prefer to do my research and go for solid long term stocks and funds that pay dividends.  Sometimes I get it wrong, and dump those for tax write-offs, but in general it's worked well for me.

After now after five major market crashes in my investing life time I've also learned to let it ride.  You haven't lost anything until you sell, and in the mean time they're paying dividends.

Edited by tko