Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Why do you lot insist on eating baked beans? 

It tastes awful. and it looks worse than dog vomit.

 

Pic related

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1594293576079-beans.jpg

Edited by Lirchenfeld

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beans, beans good for the heart.

The more you eat, the more you fart.

The more you fart the better you feel,

So lets have beans for every meal. 😀

 

I second that although mushy peas are a contender!

  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jambo said:

Beans, beans good for the heart.

The more you eat, the more you fart.

The more you fart the better you feel,

So lets have beans for every meal. 😀

 

I second that although mushy peas are a contender!

Love both of them. 

Us British know what proper food is. 

  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Loved them before my treatment and now cant stand them and taste too sweet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Enjoy beans. Usually over here in Yankland, they are a dinner food. But since eating English breakfasts overseas, I like them with a morning fry up .

  • Thumbs Up 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Love both of them. 

Us British know what proper food is. 

Ditto from me!

I love good baked beans and mushy peas.

  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the old girls I deliver food to was sent a "Boris box" in the early days of the pandemic.

She was interested that the initial box contained catering tins of what were labelled BEANS, MUSHY PEAS and TOMATOES. No branding, just what was in the tin. 

Being single, she still has the 3 tins, saying that she doesn't want to open them as it would take a fortnight to finish each tin, and the resulting smell might make her neighbours fear she's died....

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

Roger Daltrey likes them....

rdb.png

Who?

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Baked beans are high in protein,minerals & fibre while being low in fat.

Food of the Gods!

  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought some pork & beans from a supermarket in Korat,can't remember the name but seem to remember they were Aussie.

They were bloody delicious.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bloody hell guys, stop drinking and smoking stuff.....

Them beans look shite, and taste like shite. They spoil any proper food picture.

But yeah, yeah, I know....it's a cultural thing. ( although thats insulting the word "culture").

Beans in.tomato sauce, washed down with a mix of tea and milk for breakfast....🤮🤮🤮🤮

The rest of your breakfast is ok. Well, except that black stuff you sometimes add...

 

 

  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't eat them on their own for some reason. But on buttered toast they taste great. 

Also as part of a good full English breakfast. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Steelers4Life said:

Enjoy beans. Usually over here in Yankland, they are a dinner food. But since eating English breakfasts overseas, I like them with a morning fry up .

same,same I will sit  eat them cold straight out of the tin for a snack,yum,yum

regards

grayray

Edited by grayray
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

But on buttered toast they taste great

Please, please... don't make matters worse !

Next you're gonna add some Vegemite ? 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

Please, please... don't make matters worse !

Next you're gonna add some Vegemite ? 

 

Lol. Nice to have you back TS. 

Never tried vegemite tbh.. And my palate is not as sophisticated as you French folks. Plain, home cooked food for me TS. 

I have eaten frog though and snails.... Kindly disguised bt the TW! 

The snails tasted a bit like soil so next time I'll just pile some baked beans on top. 😊

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aqualung said:

Lol. Nice to have you back TS. 

Never tried vegemite tbh.. And my palate is not as sophisticated as you French folks. Plain, home cooked food for me TS. 

I have eaten frog though and snails.... Kindly disguised bt the TW! 

The snails tasted a bit like soil so next time I'll just pile some baked beans on top. 😊

just remember if you try vegemite,NEVER spread it thick like you would say, peanut butter,

you spread in very thin like a boarding house spread of butter.it was/is given to most aussie babies on bread.

love it with a strong cheese on a fresh bread.

regards

grayray

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, grayray said:

just remember if you try vegemite,NEVER spread it thick like you would say, peanut butter,

you spread in very thin like a boarding house spread of butter.it was/is given to most aussie babies on bread.

love it with a strong cheese on a fresh bread.

regards

grayray

 

Also lovely if you swap the cheese for poached eggs 👍

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, grayray said:

just remember if you try vegemite,NEVER spread it thick like you would say, peanut butter,

you spread in very thin like a boarding house spread of butter.it was/is given to most aussie babies on bread.

love it with a strong cheese on a fresh bread.

regards

grayray

 

Mum used to put the vegemite on the bread then sprinkle on tasty cheese ,cut in to fingers and grill it till it was crispy 

Never lasted long enough to be put away for later

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, monkey_omelette said:

Love them......................

 

 

Unless someone serves them up touching egg on my plate.😜

Weird😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

Weird😂

Not only that. They all have to be lined up in the same direction.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Toy Boy said:

There's nothing better than beans on toast!

beans-on-toast-1578934200.jpg

I 99% agree m8 the ''Pièce de résistance''is to have them topped with a fried eggs or poached eggs..........

A plate of baked beans on toast with a poached egg on top Stock ...

Quick Morning Beans and Fried Eggs Recipe | Serious Eats

  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...