Baked beans

Lirchenfeld

• 3 months later...

We are partial to having baked beans on toast with a bit of cheddar cheese grated over the top adding black pepper. Quite like it as a light lunch on a Saturday 

love Heinz’s but also partial to Branstons now as well. The ring pull can is a must now.!

5619451F-669D-4C3A-A574-87FDB0E87F2D.png

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, AJSP said:

We are partial to having baked beans on toast with a bit of cheddar cheese grated over the top adding black pepper. Quite like it as a light lunch on a Saturday 

love Heinz’s but also partial to Branstons now as well. The ring pull can is a must now.!

5619451F-669D-4C3A-A574-87FDB0E87F2D.png

Excellent post!

These 2 photos are perfect examples of what I am faced with, shopping at Siamburis on-line. They only show a front view or occasionally they will do a teasing photo of the top and you can't quite discern if it is flip top or not (As in the Branston above).. Bastards!

Why the f**k can't they "do a Heinz" and bloody well show it.

EDIT = I've just checked the new Lotus website. Yup, they show the tops in most products. Well Done Lotus!!!!

Edited by Derek Dangleberries
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Excellent post!

These 2 photos are perfect examples of what I am faced with, shopping at Siamburis on-line. They only show a front view or occasionally they will do a teasing photo of the top and you can't quite discern if it is flip top or not (As in the Branston above).. Bastards!

Why the f**k can't they "do a Heinz" and bloody well show it.

EDIT = I've just checked the new Lotus website. Yup, they show the tops in most products. Well Done Lotus!!!!

I think we paid 69thb for a can in ‘ Cheese to Meet You’ in Udon Thani which I thought was fair enough.

just thinking about brekkie now but buggered if we’ve got any sausages, bacon, fried pots etc. Just the beans, eggs and bread…..hang on that could be my answer ‘

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, AJSP said:

I think we paid 69thb for a can in ‘ Cheese to Meet You’ in Udon Thani which I thought was fair enough.

just thinking about brekkie now but buggered if we’ve got any sausages, bacon, fried pots etc. Just the beans, eggs and bread…..hang on that could be my answer ‘

I moved to Isaan in '97 and there was bugger all farang food available in the kap choeng area then.

Sod the baked beans! I'd fill my pickup with stuff from Villa Market soi 33/1 ...especially lamb...any fucking lamb...  legs, steaks ,chops, belly fat, any fucking lamb!

Cook it slowly on a Thai BBQ and the all the dogs within sniffing distance would howl like wolves !! 

• Like 1

Brooks BB i find to be a good alternative here in Thailand to the mainstream brands available in our home countries and which are not easily available here.

Cost 62bht in my local Mall in Korat. BM Boydeste please note, i checked the price last time i purchased lol

P1010015.JPG

Edited by Pumpuynarak
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Brooks BB i find to be a good alternative here in Thailand to the mainstream brands available in our home countries and which are not easily available here.

Cost 62bht in my local Mall in Korat. BM Boydeste please note, i checked the price last time i purchased lol

P1010015.JPG

Surprised @Derek Dangleberries didn't get on your case for taking a pic that doesn't show if the can has a flip top. :default_biggrin:

Personally I find foil wrapped packaging best.
2b6f80ee1001e43b4a6734692b385a61.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I was in Villa Market once when I spied the familiar blue and black label of a Heinz baked bean can. As I preferred Heinz back in Oz I bought it.

Tasted fuking awful. So bad I thought it was off.

Then I discovered

image.png

"English Recipe", 'nuff said.

Fortunately Villa Market also stocked

image.png

Almost as good as Heinz "Aussie Recipe"

For the here and now, got a few of these bad boys stashed away in case I have to isolate.

image.png

Great in a bowl with a couple of fried eggs floating on top.

Edited by fygjam
  • Like 4

• 4 months later...
45 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

I find Brookes BB are a great alternative to Heinz but like Heinz they are becoming difficult to buy here in Korat, i always could buy in Makro or the Mall supermarket but lately they both don't have.

I too find Brooks are very good, another fave of mine are Whattie's .....(which are actually owned by Heinz).

I've never been a fan of Branston.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...