VISA AMNESTY TO END

tommy dee

2 hours ago, roobob said:

Case by case basis and must submit proof of not being able to get home. It will be interesting to see how it's applied, there are flights to the UK, USA and most of Europe. 

Reading it again, it says applicants have until the 26th of Sept to apply for a 30 day extension. So if they time it right, they could apply mid-sept and stay until mid-Oct. 

Edited by dcfc2007

(Reuters) - Thailand on Friday said it would give foreigners a grace period until September to apply for visa extensions as it eased restrictions amid the pandemic, a senior official said.

“The situation in the country and overseas has improved,” Immigration Bureau Commissioner Sompong Chingduong told Reuters.

“So we do not propose to extend visas after July 31, but allow for visa requests from August 1 to September 26,” he said, adding the grace period will be proposed to cabinet for approval.

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKCN24I0T8?__twitter_impression=true

Sounds like farang may be able to get get long stay visas in Thailand without having to leave the country. 

36 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Sounds like farang may be able to get get long stay visas in Thailand without having to leave the country. 

My  6 month METV ran out at the end of May. In hindsight it was a waste of money but shit happens. 

Got to be frustrating for others who have long term visas expiring (or expired) who are locked out of Thailand, especially if they are on extensions because they will need to start the whole process again.

Good news for those in Thailand I guess 😁

Edited by Smiler

3 minutes ago, Smiler said:

My  6 month METV ran out at the end of May. In hindsight it was a waste of money but shit happens. 

Got to be frustrating for others who have long term visas expiring (or expired) who are locked out of Thailand, especially if they are on extensions because they will need to start the whole process again.

Good news for those in Thailand I guess 😁

It's a stonking good result for those people in Thailand, particularly those guys that play Visa roulette in an effort to stay longer. However, this decision along with recent redevelopments means it's unlikely that commercial flights will return before the end of September. 

1 minute ago, dcfc2007 said:

It's a stonking good result for those people in Thailand, particularly those guys that play Visa roulette in an effort to stay longer. However, this decision along with recent redevelopments means it's unlikely that commercial flights will return before the end of September. 

I could get a repatriation flight, it's at least an option but it would be arseache  Really not so sure about the quarantine as yet, then there's the tests over here, COE etc and the cost of the actual flight.

Takes around about a month for the process going on the experience of those who have been successful.

• Like 1

On 7/16/2020 at 3:06 PM, thegrogmonster said:

Once someone decides to overstay they do so at their own peril. No way would I contribute money to have them released.

On 7/16/2020 at 3:50 PM, Esco said:

That's certainly true, but I hate to see someone I know in such trouble as in a Thai immigration jail, and if I can help him out with a few quid I will.

On 7/16/2020 at 8:08 PM, Krapow said:

Understand, and i didn't even know Saints.

I don't know, having been in similar situations i suppose i kinda felt some empathy.

And probably what swung it was Andy (Thinkingallowed) had instigated and was mostly sorting it out, so i knew he must be a good guy if Andy was trying to help him. 

Guy was ratted out by his own wife FFS .....

Another great fantastic Thai girl.

On the other hand he should never have put himself in that position.... running a bar etc .....

1 hour ago, Thai Spice said:

Guy was ratted out by his own wife FFS .....

Another great fantastic Thai girl.

On the other hand he should never have put himself in that position.... running a bar etc .....

Tell me again why you post on Thailand 247? 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, Smiler said:

I could get a repatriation flight, it's at least an option but it would be arseache  Really not so sure about the quarantine as yet, then there's the tests over here, COE etc and the cost of the actual flight.

Takes around about a month for the process going on the experience of those who have been successful.

Here's a quote from a guy who done just that this week. 

For those asking about cost of all this. This is my costs for this trip home.

F2F.                      80.   
Covid.                120
Insurance.       866
ASQ hotel.   1,306
ABD to AMS.  267
AMS to BKK.   717

Total.                 3,356. Uk pounds
                             3,701.  Euros
                        133,593. Thai baht

12 minutes ago, Esco said:

Tell me again why you post on Thailand 247? 

I find it odd myself. 

11 minutes ago, Esco said:

Insurance.       866
ASQ hotel.   1,306
ABD to AMS.  267
AMS to BKK.   717

3,701.  Euros
                        133,593. Thai baht

That's a lot of money, other than getting back to see kids, I can't think of a reason why I would fork out that sort of money. I would rather just wait it out. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

I find it odd myself. 

That's a lot of money, other than getting back to see kids, I can't think of a reason why I would fork out that sort of money. I would rather just wait it out. 

Family, work, medical treatment, going home, etc. 

All ASQ hotels are apparently fully booked until September already... 

12 minutes ago, Esco said:

Family, work, medical treatment, going home, etc. 

All ASQ hotels are apparently fully booked until September already... 

If it was work related I'd be expecting them to cover the costs. 

1 hour ago, Esco said:

Insurance.       866
ASQ hotel.   1,306
ABD to AMS.  267
AMS to BKK.   717

3,701.  Euros
                        133,593. Thai baht

Yep that's at the bottom end of the range of figures I have seen. In my mind I will budget for around £4k.

Last week I committed to a contract at work till the end of August, so will make a decision mid month.

Impossible for me to second guess what the situation will be but it's entirely fesable this will be the new normal in terms of pricing for the foreseeable future.....

2 hours ago, Esco said:

Insurance.       866
ASQ hotel.   1,306
ABD to AMS.  267
AMS to BKK.   717

3,701.  Euros
                        133,593. Thai baht

I can understand all the prices on there, they don't seem unreasonable, apart from the insurance. Almost a thousand pounds, that's just taking the piss.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Toy Boy said:

I can understand all the prices on there, they don't seem unreasonable, apart from the insurance. Almost a thousand pounds, that's just taking the piss.

120 quid for a covid test also pretty steep. I think its for free here, and our standard Healthcare would also cover the $100k insurance requirement. 

4 hours ago, Esco said:

Insurance.       866
ASQ hotel.   1,306
ABD to AMS.  267
AMS to BKK.   717

3,701.  Euros
                        133,593. Thai baht

I had to Google it but ABD is the code for Abadan Airport in Iran. Is that a typo and should be ABZ for Aberdeen Airport. 

2 hours ago, Murchie said:

I had to Google it but ABD is the code for Abadan Airport in Iran. Is that a typo and should be ABZ for Aberdeen Airport. 

I did think he meant Aberdeen. 

1 hour ago, Murchie said:

Seems they have had a change of mind.

Screenshot_20200721-181344_Facebook.jpg

Will at least safe me paying a 3,500 baht overstay fine. Just wonder when I'll be able to return.

If there was a way you could return, would you be happy to pay the 30k baht plus for a two week state quarantine each time?

Edited by dcfc2007

4 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

If there was a way you could return, would you be happy to pay the 30k baht plus for a two week state quarantine each time?

Not while working 28/28 If my back to back was to agree to 56/56 then I'd certainly think about it.

• 1 month later...