What would you do..?

Lanzalad

Every Thai I’ve seen in most restaurants take pics of their meals and more and more foreigners do it as well. 
Wonder what their problem is with free advertising? Of course, if their food is crap I’d understand it. 🤔

1 minute ago, KhunDon said:

Every Thai I’ve seen in most restaurants take pics of their meals and more and more foreigners do it as well. 
Wonder what their problem is with free advertising? Of course, if their food is crap I’d understand it. 🤔

Had a few good meals there no problems at all and yes to my knowledge its farang owed too.. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Sherlock said:

I'm guessing its so that the Thai police/Government/whoever aren't made aware of any kind of infringements of any  COVID-19 rules and regulations that they have currently in force e.g social distancing/visors etc etc

That would be my guess as well. The inclusion of "& food" is odd, but it may be they don't want to risk having people in the background of the food shot.

I know for the hash runs that have restarted as of the 1st, we're warning those in attendance not to post any photos of our group on social media. Out on trail is fine as we're fairly spread out, but pictures of us sitting around in a large group after the run could cause problems for us.

• Thumbs Up 1

There was a video doing the rounds a while back from Casa Pascal of an ex pat stealing cooked meat, steak or chicken, from their all you can eat breakfast/brunch  buffet offer 😃

Showed him sliding meat of his plate into tissues or whatever then into his bag or pockets, can't remember exactly. 

Certainly is a good buffet though, ate there a few times, very 'European' in the choice of breads, cheese etc. No shortage of steak either, cooked for you as you like it. 

On 7/12/2020 at 5:17 AM, Sherlock said:

I'm guessing its so that the Thai police/Government/whoever aren't made aware of any kind of infringements of any  COVID-19 rules and regulations that they have currently in force e.g social distancing/visors etc etc

Must be, I don’t see why eateries would be against free advertising. I am not a big social media guy, but I’ll will do the odd review for Google Maps, with a photo. One I did last week has 600 views, and one from 18 months ago has 7,000.....can only imagine how many views an “influencer” gets