Jump to content

EVA Voted 4th of World’s Best International Airline


Recommended Posts

EVA Voted 4th of World’s Best International Airlines Travel + Leisure reader-rated on comfort, service, food, value

c1_1951888.jpg

Travel + Leisure readers voted EVA Air in the Top-10 International Airlines of the magazine’s 25th annual World’s Best Awards reader survey.

Based on personal travel experiences, readers were invited to rate airlines for cabin comfort, ground and inflight service, food and value. Survey results are available on the Travel + Leisure website now and will appear in the August 2020 print edition. Travelers can learn more about EVA and book flights at www.evaair.com.

Travel + Leisure points out that 4th ranked EVA moved up one spot from last year as readers praised its service, food and premium economy seats. One reader had even higher praise for flying sitting up front: “My business class trip from Chicago to Taipei was the best airline experience I’ve ever had. Steak cooked to order, hot food options between mealtimes, plush down comforters and tons of legroom. Some business-class seats have a very narrow spot for your feet when the seat is lying flat but EVA’s seats had enough space for rolling over and getting a great night’s sleep.”

3691480.jpg

“We are grateful for all of the support from passengers around the world,” said EVA President Clay Sun. “We never stop trying to excel and aim to make every passenger’s flight delightful with services and experiences that exceed expectations. Now, as we work to address impacts of COVID-19 on our own operations and our entire industry globally, we are also doing our best to maintain basic services to most of our major destinations. We continue to pay careful attention to details while we are simplifying services and taking additional measures to help prevent infection spread. We thoroughly sterilise cabins and follow strict protocols to safeguard our passengers’ health so they can be confident  when they choose to fly with us.”

Travel + Leisure conducted the annual survey between November 4, 2019 and March 2, 2020. Readers were invited to participate through the printed magazine, tablet editions, newsletters, social media and at www.travelandleisure.com. It required a minimum number of responses for a candidate to be included in the World’s Best Awards rankings. In addition to airlines, readers voted for airports, car-rental agencies, cities, cruise lines, destination spas, hotels, islands, tour operators and safari operators.

United Airlines Warns It May Furlough 36,000 Staff

EVA Ranks 3rd in AirlineRatings’ World’s Safest Airlines for 2020

Deadly crash, fake pilots expose Pakistan’s broken airline

3691484.jpg

In order of ranking, Travel + Leisure’s World’s Top-10 Best International Airlines for 2020 are Singapore Airlines, Qatar Airways, Emirates, EVA Air, ANA, Air New Zealand, Japan Airlines, La Compagnie, Cathay Pacific Airways and Virgin Atlantic Airways.

EVA’s high standards for safety, service and cabin comfort earn high praise from multiple industry and government organisations every year. It has been recognised as 8th among the World’s Top-20 Airlines and 3rd of the World’s Top 20 Safest Airlines by AirlineRatings.com, 3rd in the World’s Best Airlines by TripAdvisor, 9th on the annual JACDEC Airline Safety Rankings and it has been recognised as a SKYTRAX 5-Star Airlines since 2016.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes , they are great , flown Economy , Premium and Business with them , they are the Airline I have used the most for long haul travel over the last 25 years , I have only started using the Middle Eastern Airlines relatively recently, mainly due to price 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Yes , they are great , flown Economy , Premium and Business with them , they are the Airline I have used the most for long haul travel over the last 25 years , I have only started using the Middle Eastern Airlines relatively recently, mainly due to price 

Like them myself, plus it is non stop to Bangkok. 

Good prices as well. 

Done most of my trips with them. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Like them myself, plus it is non stop to Bangkok. 

Good prices as well. 

Done most of my trips with them. 

Ditto from me. 

Very rarely fly to Bkk with anyone else.

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to fly with them and alternate with Thai  but twice they cancelled the return leg with almost no notice. Everything else was really good food and drink etc .........

Fcuk me those pictures of the hostess serving the meal made me all nostalgic and honestly sad for a vanished world.

Anyway Bournemouth just lost so not all doom and gloom. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, nampla69 said:

I used to fly with them and alternate with Thai  but twice they cancelled the return leg with almost no notice. Everything else was really good food and drink etc .........

Fcuk me those pictures of the hostess serving the meal made me all nostalgic and honestly sad for a vanished world.

 

The Vintage Dom Pom they used to serve was fantastic 

  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I like EVA as well, but their flight times are not really convenient to me and the flying days (four a week) are truly inconvenient to me, especially outbound (AMS-BKK).

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Freee!! said:

I like EVA as well, but their flight times are not really convenient to me and the flying days (four a week) are truly inconvenient to me, especially outbound (AMS-BKK).

Great for me as they leave London at 9.15pm so sleep pattern is not disrupted. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Came back last time with EVA was OK, but no where near the service of Emirates, and flight times not so good. But may use again as non stop which I now prefer.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Always in the past used QATAR for flying out of MAN to BKK and never had a problem but this year with having the little one in tow i feel it would be better to fly into Heathrow book a hotel for over tight the the next day fly with EVA direct to BKK

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Out of around 26 trips to Thailand, Eva was my carrier on about 18-20 of them. Mostly in economy but 3-4 times in prem economy. Just fantastic service and amenities, enjoyed flying Eva very much. Even the flight attendants, when walking briskly toward the gate with a step for step precision that any military platoon would applaud, their form fitting uniforms, the similar hairstyle and body type.....they looked like they could have walked right out of a Robert Palmer video and straight onto the aircraft to begin preparations for boarding.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mr. Smooth said:

Out of around 26 trips to Thailand, Eva was my carrier on about 18-20 of them. Mostly in economy but 3-4 times in prem economy. Just fantastic service and amenities, enjoyed flying Eva very much. Even the flight attendants, when walking briskly toward the gate with a step for step precision that any military platoon would applaud, their form fitting uniforms, the similar hairstyle and body type.....they looked like they could have walked right out of a Robert Palmer video and straight onto the aircraft to begin preparations for boarding.

I have been flying Premium the last few trips and getting upgraded to Business on my last return exposed me to a whole different way to fly. Very impressed. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, boydeste said:

I have been flying Premium the last few trips and getting upgraded to Business on my last return exposed me to a whole different way to fly. Very impressed. 

Why, aren't you the special one! 😝

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I flew EVA for 13 years in premium economy, YVR-TPE-BKK and would have continued to do so save for the fact that they decided to start flying 787's on this route as of last February and that meant dropping the premium economy class; so I booked on Cathay Pacific instead in premium economy, YVR-HKG-BKK and only got to experience the outgoing leg of this flight as HKG cancelled all transit passengers as of March 24 so I had to re-book on Korean Air Lines to get home in early April. For the record, EVA premium economy was much better than Cathay Pacific, IMHO...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Their Customer Service in the UK is piss poor, but the product is good. Flown with them since they had the 747 Combi's and the CC got a round of applause when arriving in BKK. PE then was called "Evergreen Deluxe" and had red chairs just in front of the Econ section. got upgraded to Biz a couple of times on the top deck of a 747. If I recall check in was done by Air Canada staff, I was on first name terms with one of them, she always tried to upgrade me or gave me the best seat. Excellent airline back then and way above anything else on offer. I've still got a few of the dark green in flight blankets.Back then there were deals where it was cheaper to buy a flight with 2 nights in a BKK hotel than the flight itself on its own. We booked the Nana once, an experience which was, interesting. 2  free nights, mostly spent in Soi SamSam and Thermae.

They still have a good product and have moved with the times, their PE is as good ,if not marginally better than the Cathay equivalent.

The flight timings pre covid were shocking at one point in mid 2019, with most flights out of LHR going out late, one delayed for over 40 hours in Mar 2019 plus the debacle of the CC strike which was nothing short of shameful. Customer service not interested, put them up against a wall and shoot them.

Recent events had my refund issued by EVA in good time despite the office being closed. The UK staff need a damn good kick up the arse, but all in all they're pretty good.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Butch said:

Their Customer Service in the UK is piss poor, but the product is good. Flown with them since they had the 747 Combi's and the CC got a round of applause when arriving in BKK. PE then was called "Evergreen Deluxe" and had red chairs just in front of the Econ section. got upgraded to Biz a couple of times on the top deck of a 747. If I recall check in was done by Air Canada staff, I was on first name terms with one of them, she always tried to upgrade me or gave me the best seat. Excellent airline back then and way above anything else on offer. I've still got a few of the dark green in flight blankets.Back then there were deals where it was cheaper to buy a flight with 2 nights in a BKK hotel than the flight itself on its own. We booked the Nana once, an experience which was, interesting. 2  free nights, mostly spent in Soi SamSam and Thermae.

 

 

ASEAN Adventures were an Alderney based travel agent that I used to use , they always did deals like that 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...