The latest from CAAT - The Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand

Here is the latest from CAAT - The Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand

The persons in permitted types and measures to be complied with when travelling into Thailand.
(commercial flights for tourists are still not allowed.)

Scan QR code or click  www.caat.or.th/moicovid to see the 11 types of persons who are permitted to enter into Thailand and all the required documents.

- - - - - - - 

Entrance to Thailand. Personalized by exception.

Those who travel must ask for certification from Thai embassy or Thai consul from country of origin and other documents as per the order of Prof. Strictly.

Commercial aircraft for tourists are not allowed to travel in Thailand.

Preparing before traveling. Pre-departure
1. Check if 11 types of exceptional persons *
2. Prepare relevant documents according to each person's terms *
3. Contact Thai Embassy or Thai Consul of Origin to submit necessary documents and comply with airfare booking conditions to request Certificate of Entry (COE) certificate.
* Check 11 types of people's information according to the announcement. ṣ̄ūny̒ k̄ĥxmūl COVID-19 Scan QR code or click >> https://www.caat.or.th/th/moicovid
Ask for more information. Thai Embassy / Thai Consulate in the country of origin.
Consular Department, Ministry of Foreign Affairs calls. 02 572 8442

Travel date. Filing documents to the airline.
1. documents for example passport
2. Certificate of Entry Certificate (COE)
3. Certificate of Covid-19 free inspection. PT-PCR is under 72 hours old. Before some type of individual trip *
4. Insurance covers COVID-19 medical expenses throughout Thailand. Not less than $ 100,000 for certain types of people *
5. Hygienic Mask. Hand wash gel (according to the amount of airline prescribed)
Check for more information from your reserved airline.
* Check 11 types of people's information according to the announcement. ṣ̄ūny̒ k̄ĥxmūl COVID-19 Scan QR code or click >> https://www.caat.or.th/th/moicovid

While on board on board
1. Wearing a hygienic mask throughout the journey.
2. Practice cuddle strictly following officers or crew orders.

🇹 Arrived in Thailand Arrival
Short term arrivals under 14 days
1. Detective by RT-PCR method at airport.
2. Download the application to track symptoms and enter places.
More than 14 days long term comers
1. Screening of respiratory and fever.
2. Download the application to track symptoms and enter places.
3. admission cuddle kg 14 days
Inquiry about measures to watch out for krm khwbkhum rokh krathrwng s̄āṭhārṇs̄uk̄h call. 1422

Check out the 11 types of people's information as announced by COVID-19 data center. Scan QR code or click >> https://www.caat.or.th/th/moicovid
Collection of all announcements about COVID-19 >> www.caat.or.th/corona

110819184_1662279593934736_6327739111495220583_o.jpg

111537164_1662280230601339_7745387175575896932_o.jpg

110309950_1662280337267995_2516519650610561427_o.jpg

114870862_1662280460601316_6368625136966562334_o.jpg

110164008_1662280550601307_2515304645835812934_o.jpg

111776634_1662280637267965_5186830452389563712_o.jpg

110312322_1662280730601289_5442298840262366185_o.jpg

• Like 1
  • Great Info 4

2 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Could you really be bothered with all that?

The majority of us are not eligible to fly in the first place.

It doesn't look likely to change for the forseeable future either, but if it does, then these restrictions are going to stay in place and not many will be willing to suffer them me thinks!

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

11 minutes ago, boydeste said:

The majority of us are not eligible to fly in the first place.

It doesn't look likely to change for the forseeable future either, but if it does, then these restrictions are going to stay in place and not many will be willing to suffer them me thinks!

Even if I were eligible, I wouldn't be going through all that rigmarole.

The visa amnesty being extended into September would suggest to me that we won't be seeing the return of commercial flights until at least September. 

Why would they give people an amnesty to stay in the country if they were preparing to resume commercial air travel.

• Thumbs Up 3

3 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Even if I were eligible, I wouldn't be going through all that rigmarole.

The visa amnesty being extended into September would suggest to me that we won't be seeing the return of commercial flights until at least September. 

Why would they give people an amnesty to stay in the country if they were preparing to resume commercial air travel.

I have never expected to be able to get back this year and maybe not even early next.

The good news about the vaccine being so far successful may be the lifeline we all need before these type of restrictions will be lifted.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

f**k all that, I,m going to Tenerife. Most others will do European holidays or just stay in there own countries. Prime minister of Thailand couldn't care less about  tourists going to Patts or anywhere else in Thailand. Hard times ahead in Thailand for most IMHO

1 hour ago, simon said:

f**k all that, I,m going to Tenerife. Most others will do European holidays or just stay in there own countries. Prime minister of Thailand couldn't care less about  tourists going to Patts or anywhere else in Thailand. Hard times ahead in Thailand for most IMHO

Same Simon, 

Booked Turkey for September, and have also booked Tenerife for Feb half term. 

Thinking Thailand July next year currently. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, boydeste said:

I have never expected to be able to get back this year and maybe not even early next.

The good news about the vaccine being so far successful may be the lifeline we all need before these type of restrictions will be lifted.

I still believe that if the situation continues to improve in much of Europe, providing there is no second wave, and providing the situation continues to improve in Thailand, there is a chance that they will allow tourists (with certain requirements) towards the end of this year or the start of next year. Personally, I am glad as it has given me an excuse to see more of Europe, and with the Baht hovering around 36-40 to the pound, I was looking at giving it a miss this year anyhow.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, dcfc2007 said:

I still believe that if the situation continues to improve in much of Europe, providing there is no second wave, and providing the situation continues to improve in Thailand, there is a chance that they will allow tourists (with certain requirements) towards the end of this year or the start of next year. Personally, I am glad as it has given me an excuse to see more of Europe, and with the Baht hovering around 36-40 to the pound, I was looking at giving it a miss this year anyhow.

Yes the reasons keep adding up on why to try other places than Thailand and to visit places closer to home in Europe.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Lanzalad said:

Yes the reasons keep adding up on why to try other places than Thailand and to visit places closer to home in Europe.

It's difficult for those guys with Thai wives and family, but plenty of other places to visit than Thailand, particularly in this current climate. 

40 minutes ago, Lanzalad said:

There are many here who see wearing a mask as the most important issue in their lives, personally that is never going to be anything but a minor inconvenience but then they see this and they must be considering jumping out of a high story window (without a mask of course).

I wouldn't consider traveling at the moment even though I would be allowed in as a spouse, in fact my wife also is not even looking at the possibility of returning even though for her it is a little bit more straight forward.

There is a thought that the Philippines will open up soon but I know for some here that is also not an option despite my preference for it over Thailand. 

19 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

It's difficult for those guys with Thai wives and family, but plenty of other places to visit than Thailand, particularly in this current climate. 

No not really mate, Dave's wife and my wife both don't really care about heading back to Thailand any time soon and i know other couples that have decided to book other places in Europe over Thailand for this year.

Look at krapow he has booked for his family to Turkey for September and has booked for Tenerife in February.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On the first page of the graphic it appears you could dodge quarantine by saying you were coming for <14 days, getting tested and using the app.  I'm sure that's not the intent as you could then change your plans and stay longer.  Or am I misinterpreting it?

image.png

16 hours ago, KWA said:

On the first page of the graphic it appears you could dodge quarantine by saying you were coming for <14 days, getting tested and using the app.  I'm sure that's not the intent as you could then change your plans and stay longer.  Or am I misinterpreting it?

image.png

Not 100 percent but doubt you could get away with it when looking at this graphic relating to short stay....some pretty good rules to prevent somebody circumventing the system.

Thailand short stay.png

26 minutes ago, nampla69 said:

To me it all reads STAY AWAY FALANG WE HATE YOU AND DO NOT WANT YOU TO COME ....... easy.... Thai raak Thai and all that racist old bullshit.

That is my reading of it all, almost like a master plan to rid Thailand of undesirables, the type of businesses they frequent and that they hope to start from fresh with those foreigners they have desired when talking about quality.

Either that or they are so scared of the fact that, with the death rate being so low and now stopped, even one foreigner coming in and passing on the virus resulting in a fatality worries the government that the outrage from the people could cause a catastrophe for them politically.

• Like 3

I don't think there is anything racist about it at all. The Thais have had remarkable success in keeping the virus at bay, and keeping most of the economy ticking over.

Part of that success I believe is due to the fact they closed their borders very early on.

Here in the UK we had 10s of thousands of people arriving everyday, including from virus hotspots like China, Spain and Italy. Not to mention the thousands of illegals that have arrived on the south cost.

We have one of the worst infection rates in the world, the economy is in tatters, and the country has suffered irreparable damage. 

It's a disgrace that our govt never done what the Thais did. It's not racist to protect your own nation, and your own people. That should be the first duty of any government, to its own citizens. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Horizondave said:

That is my reading of it all, almost like a master plan to rid Thailand of undesirables, the type of businesses they frequent and that they hope to start from fresh with those foreigners they have desired when talking about quality.

Either that or they are so scared of the fact that, with the death rate being so low and now stopped, even one foreigner coming in and passing on the virus resulting in a fatality worries the government that the outrage from the people could cause a catastrophe for them politically.

Yea, i think they see it as a chance to facilitate change.

Though 'they' wouldn't feel the economic impact of this, unlike the average Thai. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Krapow said:

Yea, i think they see it as a chance to facilitate change.

Though 'they' wouldn't feel the economic impact of this, unlike the average Thai. 

Of course keeping out the foreigner by telling the people they are doing it for their benefit and health is a win win situation for the rich.

They just got to get it balanced as seeing the poor classes begging and the middle classes losing their income isn't an issue unless it causes rebellion down the road.

Just keep showing them those pathetic soaps and continue to offer 30 baht khao pad and they may just keep the hordes of unemployed at bay.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, KWA said:

More xenophobia than racism, but that's no bad thing in these times.

Xenophobia is the fear of foreigners.

I don't think they are afraid of farang, they know they have contained the virus well, they just don't want that good work being undone. There are hundreds of farang arriving everyday now, if they were that xenophobic, they wouldn't let them in.

I think there are some people on this thread have been reading too much BLM shite, howling racism at the sky, it's not racist to want to protect your nation and its people in the midst of a global pandemic.

• Like 2