The latest from CAAT - The Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand

Lovely old Greek word xenophobia. Racism stemmed from French Marxist so called thinkers.

I hate both as they exist in practice xenophobia I get (fear of foreigners yeah but completely idiotic in the 21st century) but racism is mindless and almost beyond belief. 

But everyone to their own internal babble ......... peace and love... 

On 7/21/2020 at 5:50 PM, Lanzalad said:

No not really mate, Dave's wife and my wife both don't really care about heading back to Thailand any time soon and i know other couples that have decided to book other places in Europe over Thailand for this year.

Look at krapow he has booked for his family to Turkey for September and has booked for Tenerife in February.

Wie is also not bothered about returning to Thailand, she has fell in love with Fuerteventura and is very excited to be going back for 10 days, 25th August then back again 30th October for 2 weeks. All she keeps going on about is Canary Island potatoes and King prawns from the Atlantic ocean :default_biggrin:

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

Xenophobia is the fear of foreigners.

I don't think they are afraid of farang, they know they have contained the virus well, they just don't want that good work being undone. There are hundreds of farang arriving everyday now, if they were that xenophobic, they wouldn't let them in.

I think there are some people on this thread have been reading too much BLM shite, howling racism at the sky, it's not racist to want to protect your nation and its people in the midst of a global pandemic.

I agree. 

We have an appointment at the embassy tomorrow and I'll ask them how quickly we can travel if we submit all docs for my visa application together with the COE application next week. 

I bet they'll put this farang on the next available business class flight 😉

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Esco said:

I agree. 

We have an appointment at the embassy tomorrow and I'll ask them how quickly we can travel if we submit all docs for my visa application together with the COE application next week. 

Good luck! At least you won't have to quarantine alone.

3 minutes ago, Bazle said:

Good luck! At least you won't have to quarantine alone.

Thanks. 

I may just let the wife stay in the army barracks for free and book myself a nice big suite lol. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Esco said:

I agree. 

I'm sure you will be fine, the government have asked more hotels to register for quarantine space, they are expecting more and more people to come. I'll be over to get you a manager drink in your new position as manager at Pook Swan. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Binlid said:

Wie is also not bothered about returning to Thailand, she has fell in love with Fuerteventura and is very excited to be going back for 10 days, 25th August then back again 30th October for 2 weeks. All she keeps going on about is Canary Island potatoes and King prawns from the Atlantic ocean :default_biggrin:

We usually go to Tenerife, have to give Fuerteventura a go.

Sa likes the Canarian style potatoes as well, i think it's the two sauces you get with them. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I would be lucky to be even allowed in any country atm. It's one big giant shit show here in the States. I am hoping to be able to enter Thailand in June of 2021. I am even a bit pessimistic about that date. If the US implodes more than it has already has in the last few weeks, I ain't going anywhere. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steelers4Life said:

I would be lucky to be even allowed in any country atm. It's one big giant shit show here in the States. I am hoping to be able to enter Thailand in June of 2021. I am even a bit pessimistic about that date. If the US implodes more than it has already has in the last few weeks, I ain't going anywhere. 

Every other day i see 'New record numbers' from the US 😟

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Krapow said:

Every other day i see 'New record numbers' from the US 😟

Today 11 Thais flying home tested positive, 6 of which came from the states. It doesn't say anything about whether they or any of the other Thais had any symptoms though. 

3 hours ago, Esco said:

Today 11 Thais flying home tested positive, 6 of which came from the states. It doesn't say anything about whether they or any of the other Thais had any symptoms though. 

It'll be interesting to know if any other passengers on those flights show up as positive later while in quarantine, will that be broadcast or not ?

• 1 month later...

I have seen a lot of articles from travel companies saying that Thailand is open to tourists and to book now. Don't know where this has come from, same as this idea that Thailand is going to open travel bubbles in October. It's hard to see that happening at the moment. 

On 7/23/2020 at 11:33 PM, Esco said:

I agree. 

What happened following your visit to the embassy?

You never said unless I missed it.

1 hour ago, Jambo said:

What happened following your visit to the embassy?

You never said unless I missed it.

I've been back since then to apply for son's passport which should be ready in a couple weeks time and the embassy folks have been nothing but supportive and professional. I'm going to put my own application for non-B and COE in next week and then we'll just have to wait until the next available repatriation flight probably 2nd half of September. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

I have seen a lot of articles from travel companies saying that Thailand is open to tourists and to book now. Don't know where this has come from, same as this idea that Thailand is going to open travel bubbles in October. It's hard to see that happening at the moment. 

Not going to happen in october with quarantine restrictions still in place,these companys are scum who will take the cash but not fulfill their part.

• Thumbs Up 1

44 minutes ago, Phantom51red said:

Not going to happen in october with quarantine restrictions still in place,these companys are scum who will take the cash but not fulfill their part.

And the slimey bastards wanted us to bail them out. 

• Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

The government might open a travel bubble, but given the cost and inconvenience of the quarantine procedures it's hard to see who'd want to use it. The usual suspects maybe, like Russian or Indian money-launderers, but no genuine tourists I should have thought. Sunbirds intending to spend the northern winter out here might find it worthwhile, but a lot of them would be on tourist visas and have to do visa runs, which are currently not possible.

5 minutes ago, Toy Boy said:

The government might open a travel bubble, but given the cost and inconvenience of the quarantine procedures it's hard to see who'd want to use it. The usual suspects maybe, like Russian or Indian money-launderers, but no genuine tourists I should have thought. Sunbirds intending to spend the northern winter out here might find it worthwhile, but a lot of them would be on tourist visas and have to do visa runs, which are currently not possible.

Maybe, but I really can't see any travel bubbles anytime soon. Certainly not any of significance. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bazle said:

Wow, 3 weeks quarentine if ya want to travel on, can you imagine someone coming into the Zone during your last few days testing positive, then you will have to stay another 2 weeks plus and so on!

Deep pockets needed methinks!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Wow, 3 weeks quarentine if ya want to travel on, can you imagine someone coming into the Zone during your last few days testing positive, then you will have to stay another 2 weeks plus and so on!

Deep pockets needed methinks!

Yet, if one was planning to stay the entire winter, or longer, that might be the only way of doing it.

Yes, expensive...but maybe cheaper than winter heating bills in some countries.

An all inclusive stay at a Phuket beachfront resort for three weeks does not sound too bad right about now.

8 minutes ago, lazarus said:

Yet, if one was planning to stay the entire winter, or longer, that might be the only way of doing it.

Yes, expensive...but maybe cheaper than winter heating bills in some countries.

An all inclusive stay at a Phuket beachfront resort for three weeks does not sound too bad right about now.

I get your point, but if you are unlucky you could spend your whole winter there at a huge expense!

If the price was reasonable and they guarenteed that only the people that arrived at the same time could spend time together in the zone and you all left together after then it could be an option. Do you think they could be that organised?