Incredible deals

dcfc2007

I had a look on hipflat and some thai property websites.

Some absolutely incredible deals on property, both buying and renting.

For example, Unixx condo were I stayed for a month or more, it used to be around 15k baht per month on 12 month contract for a standard 1 bedroom. A lot of these same condos now going for 8k baht per month on a 12 month contract.

Seeing some great deals on food and drink, probably never been a better time to be a customer in Pattaya.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, dcfc2007 said:

I had a look on hipflat and some thai property websites.

Some absolutely incredible deals on property, both buying and renting.

For example, Unixx condo were I stayed for a month or more, it used to be around 15k baht per month on 12 month contract for a standard 1 bedroom. A lot of these same condos now going for 8k baht per month on a 12 month contract.

Seeing some great deals on food and drink, probably never been a better time to be a customer in Pattaya.

8k is a bargain, if you even went over a few times  a year It would be worth it and save you the hassle of luggage and stuff., just leave all your gear in the condo.  If I never had my place in Bangkok I would do that no problem, have a little crash pad in Pattaya would be ideal

• Like 1

It seems to be the opposite way around in the street where I live. The house across the road has been let to a couple of English guys for a year at 35K Baht/month, that's almost as high as any rent I've heard of here and seems unaffected by C19. Then down the street is a house owned by an Icelandic lad and his Thai family. He was sprogging like a rabbit and decided that three bedrooms wasn't enough so they moved to a bigger house elsewhere a few years ago. In all that time, nobody has rented the place until about a month ago an elderly gay farang moved in with his boyfriends. No idea what rent he's paying but the Icelander wasn't short of money so I doubt he'll be giving the place away. The house next door to him has been for sale or rent for years but was recently sold to an English guy for well over 10 million Baht I was told. I know the Thai owner and he paid 9 million for it but was asking 12 million, so not a bad result. Given the lead time, though, the deal would have been closed early in the year, so before C19 got into its stride. Several houses in other streets in this village have also recently been rented out, and I'm seeing absolutely no effect of the lack of tourists on the property market here, though obviously I don't know all the numbers.

Condos will be a different matter as there are far more of them than there are houses (at least on the Bright Side) and they're much more dependent on the tourist market than houses in villages.

• Great Info 1