Under 300 Baht ... And Good

Evil Penevil

14 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

Well this is most likely not under 300 THB stuff, but I am unsure as to what a higher cost restaurant thread might be.

I was driving South on Thappraya today and I noticed that the sign in front of the old Bruno's location next to Gian's said "Bruno's Bar and Restaurant". Traffic being what it was, I did not get a chance to read the entire sign, but the signs for the former Chinese place were all gone.

This would be good news from my perspective. Bruno's was possibly the first more upscale restaurant in the Pattaya area IMO. It would be good to see them making a comeback.

What format the reopening might have and when they might reopen -> I have no idea. I did some internet searches and came up with nothing.

I would guess that they might follow the Cafe Blu formula that Cafe des Amis adopted. That would be a less serious place with more moderately priced dishes, but still having the service and ambiance of the original location. Hope springs eternal.    

Darrin Lowe former GM of the Sportsman is behind the reopening said to be a fine dining place as before. He knows his stuff It should do well with him at the helm. I never rated the original place

• Great Info 1

14 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

Well this is most likely not under 300 THB stuff, but I am unsure as to what a higher cost restaurant thread might be.

My understanding of the thread is to identify places where the complete dining experience is less than 300Baht..... What you are discussing is places where you can get a fine dining experience with starters less than 300 Baht.

I am sure that there are just as many Epicurean Hooray Henrys on here as there are Cheap Charlies  so why not try a new thread? Your home cooking thread was innovative and successful so why not fine dining ? ...But please include wine prices ....

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

My understanding of the thread is to identify places where the complete dining experience is less than 300Baht..... What you are discussing is places where you can get a fine dining experience with starters less than 300 Baht.

I am sure that there are just as many Epicurean Hooray Henrys on here as there are Cheap Charlies  so why not try a new thread? Your home cooking thread was innovative and successful so why not fine dining ? ...But please include wine prices ....

Goof idea. I will give it some thought.

• Like 1