Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
code_slayer_bkk

A little Rant

Recommended Posts

I grew up loving the NBA ... I grew up and played on just about every basketball court all over Brooklyn and Harlem ....

No, I cannot stomach to watch a game any more .. all of this kneeling, snowflake and social justice warrior bull shit ... black lives matter , etc.

F**k me .. can't they just leave all of this bullshit political crap out of the game ?

Who f**king cares what these millionaire idiots think ... I want to see them play some ball without all of the bullshit

Never thought I would ever think this ... f**k the NBA ... I will never watch again ...

And yes, I can still dunk a basketball with either hand ...

Edited by code_slayer_bkk
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't say I've ever watched a basketball game, but yes keep political crap out of all sport Better Hold Fast

  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are just doing it to attract a younger demographic to their sports.
It’s all about the youngsters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As sport is followed the majority of people world wide is must always be about doing better personally because it’s all about you putting in the work, training, success and promoting it to the next generation that follows. Bringing all this BS into sport because it has such a huge audience is absolutely wrong and it does p1$$ me off too. To me it’s the lazy way of tackling a debate.

  • Great Info 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tingtong2k said:

As sport is followed the majority of people world wide is must always be about doing better personally because it’s all about you putting in the work, training, success and promoting it to the next generation that follows. Bringing all this BS into sport because it has such a huge audience is absolutely wrong and it does p1$$ me off too. To me it’s the lazy way of tackling a debate.

Agree !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sport (protest) is one of the few ways to get the attention of people in the US (and beyond) to think about the the gross inequities facing people of color.
Seems it works...

Black people make up 12.7% of the US population. -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_the_United_States

Popular sports in the US (except for Baseball) are dominated by Black players.

"...In 1994, Black people accounted for 80% of the NFL players, 65% of the NBA players, and 18% of the MLB players, but less than 10% of the Team owners. 25 years later, the percentage of black athletes and team owners has not changed much with Black people accounting for 70% of the NFL players, 81% of the NBA players , and 8% of the MLB players Team ownership is still below 10%..." --  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_sports


Black people are disproportionately arrested for crimes in the US

"...Scholars have found that some racial and ethnic minorities, particularly African Americans, are disproportionately represented in the arrest and victimization reports which are used to compile crime rate statistics in the United States. The data from 2008 reveals that black Americans are over-represented in terms of arrests made in virtually all types of crime, with the exceptions of "driving under the influence", "liquor laws" and hate crime. Overall, black Americans are arrested at 2.6 times the per-capita rate of all other Americans, and this ratio is even higher for murder (6.3 times) and robbery (8.1 times)..." -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_crime_in_the_United_States


Prisons are dominated by Black (males) inmates

"...According to the U.S. Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS) in 2018 Black males accounted for 34% of the total male prison population, white males 29%, and Hispanic males 24%. White females comprised 47% of the prison population in comparison to Black females who accounted for 18% of the female population. The imprisonment rate for Black females (88 per 100,000 Black female residents) was 1.8 times as high as for white females (49 per 100,000 white female residents), while the imprisonment rate for Black males (2,272 per 100,000 Black male residents) was 5.8 times as high as for white males (392 per 100,000 white male residents). Out of all ethnic groups, African Americans, Puerto Rican Americans, and Native Americans have some of the highest rates of incarceration.  Though, of these groups, the Black population is the largest, and therefore make up a large portion of those incarcerated in US prisons and jails..."  -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incarceration_in_the_United_States

 

 

gettyimages-640827290-2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If certain people hadn't been so triggered by Kaepernick taking the knee back in 2016 , you probably wouldn't see athletes taking the knee now .... when did sport become about Patriotism.... why play the national anthem at all for a match/game between two teams from the same country...  if you must play it , then why not before the players take the field , all problems solved ... 

in the UK we only play the anthem for International events and Finals ..

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The football Cup Final was played in Northern Ireland on Friday night.

It was televised.

It also had 500 supporters as a trial. 

There was no taking the knee despite some players being black. 

Coincidence, or they know when supporters are back they'll have to drop it?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed, it’s just way too much right now. Most of the last 2 months, this crap is dominating the headlines over all the people dying from Covid. I feel that now it’s been talked about too much, to the point it’s detrimental. Even if this whole thing was inevitable, to think it was actually triggered by a single stupid cop leaning on a guy’s neck who was already cuffed.....unbelievable. About the only sport I can see it not affecting much, is golf. Even hockey, the playoffs started yesterday, and Matt Dumba, who was not even playing on one of the teams, and is not Black, just part Filipino, was brought to kneel at centre ice in a BLM hoodie

I was discussing this with my cousin, who works bylaw(vest but no pistol) in Montreal. He patrols a wealthy neighbourhood, so mostly parking tickets and noise complaints, no fights. He was saying cops will be so scared for their jobs, to attend incidents involving blacks/minorities, that many 911 calls to dangerous places, will simply go unanswered or take forever to get an officer there. Or, simply wait until a Black officer is available. Like I’ve said before, cops killing harmless people should be punished severely, but please, can people watch a whole video start to finish, and not just the part where the assault happens? It’s gotten so out of control, like every minority being arrested must be innocent, which I’m sorry to say, is just not true

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was watching the boxing last night, and at the end Johnny Nelson, a black guy, ex World Champ, whom was brought up in an era where racism was ubiquitous was talking asked about this. 

He made a good point in talking about this IMO, what he said was two words could or could've made a big difference.

Instead of 'Black Lives Matter', if it had said 'Black Lives Matter As Well', it would have been, and received better. 

Sure for some, wouldn't matter what it was called, they would still deny there's racism or would just disagree with it anyway. 

But i thought fair play to him to acknowledge that. 

  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

Agreed, it’s just way too much right now. Most of the last 2 months, this crap is dominating the headlines over all the people dying from Covid. I feel that now it’s been talked about too much, to the point it’s detrimental. Even if this whole thing was inevitable, to think it was actually triggered by a single stupid cop leaning on a guy’s neck who was already cuffed.....unbelievable. About the only sport I can see it not affecting much, is golf. Even hockey, the playoffs started yesterday, and Matt Dumba, who was not even playing on one of the teams, and is not Black, just part Filipino, was brought to kneel at centre ice in a BLM hoodie

I was discussing this with my cousin, who works bylaw(vest but no pistol) in Montreal. He patrols a wealthy neighbourhood, so mostly parking tickets and noise complaints, no fights. He was saying cops will be so scared for their jobs, to attend incidents involving blacks/minorities, that many 911 calls to dangerous places, will simply go unanswered or take forever to get an officer there. Or, simply wait until a Black officer is available. Like I’ve said before, cops killing harmless people should be punished severely, but please, can people watch a whole video start to finish, and not just the part where the assault happens? It’s gotten so out of control, like every minority being arrested must be innocent, which I’m sorry to say, is just not true

Same as London, if the Police search or arrest a black guy, they not get surrounded by other black guys, shouting racism, racial profiling etc.  It's not surprise gang shooting's and stabbings are going  nuts here in London.  

Only different is, in London the black Police Officers get more abuse then the white officers when dealing with what you describe, called traitors and all sorts. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

F**k Me ...

All of this black lives matter is bullshit ...

More blacks kill each other annually than any cops kill black people

Yes, the fuckers shoot babies, young girls in their own house with random bullets zipping around ..

Just take a look at Chicago and New York now .. fucking out of control

Jeezuz . hard core criminals.. the Mob ( Mafia )  ... have more morals

I fucking hate coppers .. but, I will stand behind them with this bull shit occurring

It fucking needs to stop .. all or this random black on black killing ..

ALL lives matter

You give most people an opportunity to work .. make some dosh .. live their lives in peace .. then a lot of this bull shit stops

  • Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, code_slayer_bkk said:

 

You give most people an opportunity to work .. make some dosh .. live their lives in peace .. then a lot of this bull shit stops

Thats where I think the protesters would agree with you .... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Thats where I think the protesters would agree with you .... 

Opportunity is abundant .. it is up to you !

So f**king what .. don't give me a sob story or excuses about not making the best of you life ...working .. getting a good education .. finding some one that respects and loves you .. 

It is all bullshit ... because it is free to do ..

About 99.9% of these little f**kers could not survive 1 week in a tough prison ... I was in 3 of them .... all federal ... which I spend 4 years and ( 6 in total ) .. from a reduced sentence of 15 years for 25 keys  ( which is over 50 pounds of H ) ... the first time I ever got in trouble ... no excuses !  And I kept my fucking mouth shut!

The shit that I got into was crazy ... and tough !  A shit load of "snitches" that got busted before or had serious time hanging over their head .. you never knew ... those fucks .. I cannot stand another man that does not stand up and be a man .. you play you pay . so just suck it up and be a man ..

I was able to turn my life around .... made a shit load of money the legal way .. If I can do ... anyone can  .. so, I feel no pity if a f**ker can't get his / her life right ... and stop fighting for a "cause" ...

Fight for you own life .. make everything better around you ...

 

Edited by code_slayer_bkk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, there's no need for it, sport is sport and politics is politics, and ne'er the twain should meet.

Is this really necessary? If the deck is so stacked against coloured people then how did Hamilton ever get to the top of his sport?

f1-styrian-grand-prix.jpg

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Toy Boy said:

Yeah, there's no need for it, sport is sport and politics is politics, and ne'er the twain should meet.

Is this really necessary? If the deck is so stacked against coloured people then how did Hamilton ever get to the top of his sport?

f1-styrian-grand-prix.jpg

This kind of "show off" is really fecking stupid IMO ..

Idiots, the whole lot.

 

  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

And yes, I can still dunk a basketball with either hand ...

Got a video. 🤣🤣🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, misteregg said:

They are just doing it to attract a younger demographic to their sports.
It’s all about the youngsters.

Gosh!

There was me thinking the only graphic you were aware of started with porno....... 🤗

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

 

And yes, I can still dunk a basketball with either hand ...

Call! 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Toy Boy said:

Yeah, there's no need for it, sport is sport and politics is politics, and ne'er the twain should meet.

Is this really necessary? If the deck is so stacked against coloured people then how did Hamilton ever get to the top of his sport?

f1-styrian-grand-prix.jpg

Well normally in F1 the drivers come from a wealthy family.

Hamilton was the exception and came through by sheer ability catching the eye by his carting achievements.

Off the top of my head I cannot think of another black guy getting to the top in F1.

Nevertheless, I totally agree with the concept of keeping politics out of sport.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone who takes a knee disrespects those who gave their lives for our freedom... I think it’s disgusting! And now people are dying because of that damn knee.

  • Thumbs Up 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, tingtong2k said:

Anyone who takes a knee disrespects those who gave their lives for our freedom... I think it’s disgusting! And now people are dying because of that damn knee.

they fought for freedom .... that means freedom to protest 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...