A little Rant

code_slayer_bkk

15 hours ago, Butch said:

Two of the finest Stones tracks ever right there Bro.

I've wanted to see the Stones live since I was a young spotty teenager, every time there has been something that has stopped me for whatever reason. I have made a promise to myself that I will see them live if ever they have another tour regardless of cost, there is nothing even remotely close to these guys;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRXGsPBUV5g

Absolutely agree that those are two of the best tracks ever by the Stones.

I was like yourself, had never seen them live, but managed to do that around 8 years ago, at the O2.

I bought the most expensive tickets and took a Thai gf with me. Got to the O2 and was ushered to our seats and I was hugely disappointed after spending so much on the tickets. We were in the first row of seats, just above the far end of the standing area. WTF I thought. Anyway, they came on, did maybe 3 songs and at the end of the 3rd song they all got together in the middle of the stage. Odd I thought. Then the stage started moving - the middle section, maybe 20 feet across, started to move forward from the main stage. It pushed through the standing crowd and ended up right in front of me. They did about 5 tracks in that position - they were only about 10 feet away from me. I then understood why they were the most expensive tickets.

It was awesome and the 5 tracks they did in front of me were many of my favourites - the oldies. Paint it Black was one of them.

• Like 3