Dirty Farang On A Bus

Steelers4Life

My friend from Bristol UK who I have known 10 years got trapped in the LOS when his Qatar flight was cancelled. He was on 90 day visa with a 30 day extension. Come this April his Qatar flight was cancelled until further notice. He's still there as his July 31 flight to London with Qatar never arrived, so he's going to stay until end of September as he feels safer there than the UK. He's high risk as he has epilepsy and he feels more comfortable there than the UK. His long time GF lives in a nice house up in Petchabun. He's been spending all his time there. I would trade places with him in a heartbeat. So he decided to go see an expat mate of ours in Patts for a week. 

Fast forward to when my mate takes a bus back to Petchabun. He gets on the bus and takes his seat. As the bus was filling up with Thais, a Thai woman looks at her seat next to him and goes to the bus driver and has her seat changed. Then the bus driver puts this sign on the back of the bus seat next to only him. The only falang on the bus. He took a photo of it not knowing what it said in Thai. He asked his GF what it said when he reached her house. She said it was a COVID warning sign of some sort. Despicable attitude especially when people like Tommy Dee are raising money to feed these Thais in food lines who have nothing. Thais believe just about anything they see and hear on TV so when the Health Minister said we are all a bunch of dirty farangs, most believe that bull shit.

received_580908955906550.jpeg

*I'd be willing to place a large bet that the first foreign tourists to be allowed entry will be the Chinese, South Koreans, and Japanese. 

Edited by Steelers4Life
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Sad 6

Yea Bro .. I had a girl over last week in my place in BKK .. she told me the USA and Trump created the virus ... I looked at her and said " what the f**k are you talking about ? "

She told me that Thai TV says that ... I don't f**king know because I never watch Thai TV ...

I told her to get the f**k out .. spewing that bullshit .. I am serious ...

I called another gal that I know .. many I can call .. I don't need to hear bullshit ...

Edited by code_slayer_bkk
  • Thumbs Up 7

I've been from Pattaya to Bangkok to Hua Hin and back in the last week.  3 buses and one train and although the train had "Social Distancing" signs on some of the seats like the above, all the buses were fine.  Both myself and a mate had to sit by Thais on 4 of the 6 bus legs without any issues.

They're not all the same as the one your mate came across.

• Like 3
  • Great Info 1

5 hours ago, KWA said:

I've been from Pattaya to Bangkok to Hua Hin and back in the last week.  3 buses and one train and although the train had "Social Distancing" signs on some of the seats like the above, all the buses were fine.  Both myself and a mate had to sit by Thais on 4 of the 6 bus legs without any issues.

They're not all the same as the one your mate came across.

That must be one of the cheapest ways to get from Pattaya to Hua Hin by land. Interested to know how much it cost and the route/timings please.

Some Thais, especially those who believe everything they read and hear on Thai mainstream media, will have an element of paranoia. Hopefully these are the minority. However will always feel irritating when it happens to you.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, lazarus said:

hey...for many Thais...

Indians smell

Europeans smell

Africans sell drugs

Isaan people are "buffalo"

Americans are infected with Covid.

...the list will likely grow longer.

They are right about that .. I know 3 of them here in BKK ... but, you gotta be super careful ... because they sill snitch you out in a second ... I am certain the 3 that I know ( even though they are pretty stand up guys) but, in a heart beat they will grouse you out .. they don't want any part of a monkey jail here ... and there are a shit load of them locked up here ... outside they look tough ... but, inside they are pussies

I don't either .. I was in one here in BKK for 3 days .. at least they let me smoke .. which was pretty cool .. there were some grungy Motherf**kers locked up.. but, no one gave me any problems .. they knew I would throw down  ... I have some years under my belt

But you got one wrong .. "issan people are buffalo" .. no .. " farang people are buffalo that are with Isaan girls " ..exactly true to a non-Issan Thai ..

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Toy Boy said:

Glass half full: look on the bright side, he didn't have the usual battle for elbow room you get in those cramped seats, lol.

I know, I'd have put a sign up myself if I was him.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

But you got one wrong .. "issan people are buffalo" .. no .. " farang people are buffalo that are with Isaan girls " ..exactly true to a non-Issan Thai ..

Hahaha....that's gonna make you some friends on here ...😆😆😆😆😂😂😂

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, boydeste said:

That must be one of the cheapest ways to get from Pattaya to Hua Hin by land. Interested to know how much it cost and the route/timings please.

We got a small bus (about 30 seater, not a minivan type) from Pattaya Klang just before Foodland that dropped us at Morchit BTS station.  Cost was about 150 baht each. We  stayed in Bangkok a couple of nights then took train #261 from the timetable below for 44 baht each.  Train departed on time but arrived about 45 minutes late.  Train times for the return weren't convenient so it was a small bus from central Hua Hin (near the night market) to Morchit and another to Pattaya Klang.  180 baht from Hua Hin to Bangkok and 150 baht for Bangkok to Pattaya.  The small buses had several stops which was a pain, and the one to Pattaya stopped for gas which added almost another hour to the trip.  Not for those in a hurry.

Be careful anyone using Morchit New Van Terminal as it's a zoo, across the road from the main bus area and a good hike to the BTS station.

image.png

Source:  https://www.seat61.com/Thailand.htm#Bangkok_to_Southern_Thailand

• Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1

1 hour ago, KWA said:

We got a small bus (about 30 seater, not a minivan type) from Pattaya Klang just before Foodland that dropped us at Morchit BTS station.  Cost was about 150 baht each. We  stayed in Bangkok a couple of nights then took train #261 from the timetable below for 44 baht each.  Train departed on time but arrived about 45 minutes late.  Train times for the return weren't convenient so it was a small bus from central Hua Hin (near the night market) to Morchit and another to Pattaya Klang.  180 baht from Hua Hin to Bangkok and 150 baht for Bangkok to Pattaya.  The small buses had several stops which was a pain, and the one to Pattaya stopped for gas which added almost another hour to the trip.  Not for those in a hurry.

Be careful anyone using Morchit New Van Terminal as it's a zoo, across the road from the main bus area and a good hike to the BTS station.

image.png

I drive through Hua Hin .. all the time ... I have a place in BKK on Ramkhamhaeng pretty close to the motorway ... I don't have to deal with the "your nightmare " traffic getting to Sukhumvit soi 50 .. pretty easy for me to get on the expressway ...

I don't care what anyone says .. and I have been doing this for years .. on Rama II .. about an hour and a half to the Ratchaburi .. Petchaburi split is f***d ... the toll booth is f***d ... a shit load of semi trucks .. sometimes you get lucky ... and the construction that has been going on over the last year makes it even more of a "night mare"

The fastest I have ever made it to Hua Hin from BKK is about 3.5 hours ... and I am a demon driving down the express way in the Beast II ...

I either stop in Pak Tho on the way to  see a great friend .. or stop in Hua Hin or Cha AM .. depends on my mood .. sleep over night and then get back on the road to go back home to Beach Gal close to Pak Bara 

So this bullshit I read about a couple of times on this forum going from Patts to Hua Hin in 2 hours is pure fiction ...

And taking the bus from Mo Chit is even more of a night mare ... just getting to Mo Chit can be huge problems if driving .. pretty easy though if you get on the BTS depending where you are coming from ... the sitting around and waiting on the bus , etc. takes to much time for me

The train is not bad .. I always used to take the train all the time to see Jacques in Ban Krut from BKK at Bang Sue .. still more time than 3.5 hours .. depending on the train ( all of the milk stops .. LOL )

So, I read on this forum about getting around .. I just shake my head because it is a total crap shoot .. getting from A to B .. even in BKK which is notorious

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

I drive through Hua Hin .. all the time ... I have a place in BKK on Ramkhamhaeng pretty close to the motorway ... I don't have to deal with the "your nightmare " traffic getting to Sukhumvit soi 50 .. pretty easy for me to get on the expressway ...

I don't care what anyone says .. and I have been doing this for years .. on Rama II .. about an hour and a half to the Ratchaburi .. Petchaburi split is f***d ... the toll booth is f***d ... a shit load of semi trucks .. sometimes you get lucky ... and the construction that has been going on over the last year makes it even more of a "night mare"

The fastest I have ever made it to Hua Hin from BKK is about 3.5 hours ... and I am a demon driving down the express way in the Beast II ...

I either stop in Pak Tho on the way to  see a great friend .. or stop in Hua Hin or Cha AM .. depends on my mood .. sleep over night and then get back on the road to go back home to Beach Gal close to Pak Bara 

So this bullshit I read about a couple of times on this forum going from Patts to Hua Hin in 2 hours is pure fiction ...

And taking the bus from Mo Chit is even more of a night mare ... just getting to Mo Chit can be huge problems if driving .. pretty easy though if you get on the BTS depending where you are coming from ... the sitting around and waiting on the bus , etc. takes to much time for me

The train is not bad .. I always used to take the train all the time to see Jacques in Ban Krut from BKK at Bang Sue .. still more time than 3.5 hours .. depending on the train ( all of the milk stops .. LOL )

So, I read on this forum about getting around .. I just shake my head because it is a total crap shoot .. getting from A to B .. even in BKK which is notorious

The 2 hours from Pattaya to Hua Hin is what it takes on the high speed ferry, maybe this is what some people are talking about.

52 minutes ago, thegrogmonster said:

The 2 hours from Pattaya to Hua Hin is what it takes on the high speed ferry, maybe this is what some people are talking about.

Yep, done that a few times. Takes between 90 minutes and 2 hours, depending on the waves . . . 

Have done it via taxi too, before the ferry became a reality. That's about 6 hours and a real, real pain in ass . . . 

1 hour ago, thegrogmonster said:

I wasn't talking about the ferry ... but, I think you are right .. I have never been on the ferry .. the only reason I still drive to Patts is to see gogolover ... he and I are pretty close

Patts have never had a hold on me .... many other cities are much better .... to many "want to be's" ... IMHO

The beach even sucks .. but, I will be quiet because a lot of  guys on the forum will throw shit at me ..

3 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

You are correct,  I was in bkk when it all shut down in March. I decided to get home while I still could but I had a bag in storage in Hua hin. A taxi took me from soi 4 Suk to Hua hin and back in 5 hours. That is the fastest I have ever done it and unique because of the covid shut down there was no hold ups.  Usually it takes me 3 hours plus one way. 

The 2 hours from Pattaya to HH refers to the ferry. I have done it in a mini van and that was 5 hours one way and 8 hours return ffs. Never again.

5 hours ago, KWA said:

image.png

Thanks for the breakdown, if time isn't an issue it's amazing just how cheap you can get around. 

I always take the GFs sister for a ride from BKK to Prachuap Khiri Khan, Phetchaburi or Chumphon. I sleep most of the way and it's a relaxing ride. Not a big fan of buses. Wouldn't I know these three provinces well as I traveled extensively throughout them a couple of months on 2 different occasions. I always stayed in Hua Hin as my base and traveled around from there. There are so many places to visit and hang out other than Hua Hin and Cha Am. 

My personal favorite is Khao Luang cave temple which is 100 feet plus underground with and opening for light over top in the ground. They filmed a part of Bangkok Dangerous with Nick Cage in the temple. Some good eateries in the area for a great meal. 

Khao Luang

5974019310_e4f48aeb3f_b.jpg

*Not my photo, but I do have many of my own-just not on this comp*

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Steelers4Life said:

I always take the GFs sister for a ride from BKK to Prachuap Khiri Khan, Phetchaburi or Chumphon. I sleep most of the way and it's a relaxing ride. Not a big fan of buses. Wouldn't I know these three provinces well as I traveled extensively throughout them a couple of months on 2 different occasions. I always stayed in Hua Hin as my base and traveled around from there. There are so many places to visit and hang out other than Hua Hin and Cha Am. 

My personal favorite is Khao Luang cave temple which is 100 feet plus underground with and opening for light over top in the ground. They filmed a part of Bangkok Dangerous with Nick Cage in the temple. Some good eateries in the area for a great meal. 

Khao Luang

5974019310_e4f48aeb3f_b.jpg

*Not my photo, but I do have many of my own-just not on this comp*

I have been there also Bro a couple of times ... pretty cool

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, boydeste said:

Thanks for the breakdown, if time isn't an issue it's amazing just how cheap you can get around. 

Pattaya to Bangkok by train looks to be 31 baht for 3rd Class.  One train a day and the timings won't suit everyone, but as you say amazingly cheap for a 4 hour journey.

My last ever train ride was Kings Cross to Edinburgh so that Sai could see the English/Scottish countryside. It just happened to coincide with the lambing season which was a big bonus if you have never seen a lamb before.

One of my better decisions not to fly from Heathrow to Edinburgh.

By booking in advance through trainline.com the cost of two first class tickets was much less than two standard price tickets.

• Like 1