Vitamins ..

code_slayer_bkk

Do any of you guys take vitamins ... ?

I have been taking the same vitamins for about 25 years ...

Not positive .. maybe it is more of a mental thing .. but, I think they help a little ..

And I need all the help I can get to stay a "handsum man" .. lol .. lol

I "trashed" my ankle ( tore the ligaments ) playing some basketball years ago .. when I was in f**king total pain .. the doctor who was putting my foot in a cast .. he asked me if I took vitamins .. I took what he said to heart ... really, though .. not sure if they work .. maybe .. but, I have been religiously taking ever since

Seems I never get sick .. yea, hang overs ... but, that is about it ...

IMG_5334.JPG

Edited by code_slayer_bkk

Yes, I take a multivitamin with iron tablet and a cod liver oil capsule every day. I don't eat much fish and have been known to have a crap diet. These days my diet is better but I still take them on the theory that they are doing no harm. At least I hope not. Lol.

Also if I get the sniffles, then it's a high dose of Vitamin C with Zinc every day too! 

Edited by boydeste

Take a multi vitamin tablet and a Maca root tablet everyday. Not sure if there is a great benefit but doc told me any excessive amount of vitamins in the body are  flushed away harmlessly. 

As we age, anything that contributes to the immune system helps I guess.

56 minutes ago, john1000 said:

Take a multi vitamin tablet and a Maca root tablet everyday. Not sure if there is a great benefit but doc told me any excessive amount of vitamins in the body are  flushed away harmlessly. 

As we age, anything that contributes to the immune system helps I guess.

Agree ...

1 hour ago, boydeste said:

Yes, I take a multivitamin with iron tablet and a cod liver oil capsule every day. I don't eat much fish and have been known to have a crap diet. These days my diet is better but I still take them on the theory that they are doing no harm. At least I hope not. Lol.

Also if I get the sniffles, then it's a high dose of Vitamin C with Zinc every day too! 

Me also ... lol .. the shit I eat at times makes me laugh .. anything ! But, I have never been a big fish eater .. I hate digging for bones or shells in anything I eat..

I have gotten better over the years because Beach gal makes sure there is nothing foreign in my food ... even when we go out to a restaurant ... a good gal !

• Like 2

At a certain moment in my life yes, maybe 15 y ago....

Now no more. There are so many on the market that you dont know whats in it, and I think 70% of them are crap.

Eating proper food, sunlight and a bit of exercise will IMO be much more effective.

• Like 1

I take zinc and vitamin D each day when I can remember along with meds that are prescribed and even then I sometimes forget.

With vitamin supplements it is hard to actually monitor whether they have any effect on us. I have walked around Holland & Barrett a few times and there are just thousands of "natural" or so called products for just about any ailment one can think of.

I am sure that none of them are harmful but cynically speaking I would say that the effects are probably and much psychological as actually physically beneficial. 

The belief and perhaps assurance that they do us good

Eating the right foods and right quantities should give us all the natural vitamins we need. But despite that, some people still have or develop deficiencies, such as Vit D, Calcium, iron etc 

A couple of years ago, following a routine blood test, my doc told me that I had.a Bit D deficiency.  He told me that most of the products on shelves were pretty useless and prescribed me a short course of D booster tabs. 

Sunlight produces Vit D so no probs for those living in Thailand unless they spend all day in a room 

14 minutes ago, Butch said:

Years ago my Mum gave us boys Cod liver oil and a spoonful of Malt while we were growing up, the only vitamin I take now is Cod liver oil, thankfully in a capsule rather than off a spoon!

👍

• Like 1

When I went to Saudi in 1980 the company doctor recommended taking a daily multivitamin & I've kept that up ever since.

Also take an omega 3 fish oil and a garlic supplement.Although I eat quite bit of garlic anyway some days I don't have any and I read somewhere for it to be beneficial it should be taken daily.

55 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

I take zinc and vitamin D each day when I can remember along with meds that are prescribed and even then I sometimes forget.

With vitamin supplements it is hard to actually monitor whether they have any effect on us. I have walked around Holland & Barrett a few times and there are just thousands of "natural" or so called products for just about any ailment one can think of.

I am sure that none of them are harmful but cynically speaking I would say that the effects are probably and much psychological as actually physically beneficial. 

The belief and perhaps assurance that they do us good

Eating the right foods and right quantities should give us all the natural vitamins we need. But despite that, some people still have or develop deficiencies, such as Vit D, Calcium, iron etc 

A couple of years ago, following a routine blood test, my doc told me that I had.a Bit D deficiency.  He told me that most of the products on shelves were pretty useless and prescribed me a short course of D booster tabs. 

Sunlight produces Vit D so no probs for those living in Thailand unless they spend all day in a room 

I probably OD on Vit D ... lol

1 hour ago, Thai Spice said:

At a certain moment in my life yes, maybe 15 y ago....

Now no more. There are so many on the market that you dont know whats in it, and I think 70% of them are crap.

Eating proper food, sunlight and a bit of exercise will IMO be much more effective.

I really don't know what proper food is .. but, when I am home in the South I swim in the sea with Ziggy every morning .. she loves the sea ... play basketball a couple of times a week .. do a shit load of push ups on Beach gal ...

But, the sun kills me .. so I always have long sleeve shirts and a big hat on ...

Who knows .. I take vitamins for the mental thing .. I think I am keeping myself a little healthy ... good luck on that ... LOL ... because I smoke the shit out of cigs and ganja

I take a couple big doses of coconut oil and honey in the morning .. it helps a lot with my cough .. true ~!

Edited by code_slayer_bkk

1 hour ago, coxyhog said:

When I went to Saudi in 1980 the company doctor recommended taking a daily multivitamin & I've kept that up ever since.

Also take an omega 3 fish oil and a garlic supplement.Although I eat quite bit of garlic anyway some days I don't have any and I read somewhere for it to be beneficial it should be taken daily.

Yea Bro ... I had to get some vaccinations before I went to the Middle East .... I am really not sure why though .. I was in Russia .. who knows .. and the Doctor also recommended a vitamin to take ... WTF do I know ..

Yea, I take fish oil every morning and also eat a shit load of garlic .. not because of any medicinal properties .. but, because I like it ... I always cook everything I eat with a shit load of olive oil and garlic .... just tastes great to me .. I have even got Beach gal to use on everything when we eat at home .. .. lol .. even my eggs in the morning ...

• Thumbs Up 1

Used to take Omega 3 (not over the counter type, but Omacor which was on prescription) many years ago, prescribed by Cardiovascular consultant after second MI. But he stopped it after many years and put me onto other anti cholesterol meds! Which pleased the wife as she reckoned when I got hot, I smelled like a fish market! 🤣

I’ve been taking Iron tablets every day for many years since being diagnosed with Angio Dysplasia, which causes me to lose blood internally, which then requires me to have regular blood transfusions (4units) every couple of months and the Iron tablets help to keep me topped up with iron to help me produce red blood cells. 
My wife feeds me Vitamin D most days, don’t know why, but I just swallow it to save an argument. 🤗

Had my 3 monthly blood test results on Monday, which cover pretty much everything and all OK. 
Vitamin C and all the rest I get from a good diet, so no need for any multivitamins in tablet form. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, Mr Mosquito said:

Yeah, I take vitamin B-12 because I'm a vegetarian and Biotin as part of the hair maintenance regime  

For the most part, supplementing basic vitamins and minerals is just creating expensive pee and pissing money down the drain.

If you're getting good nutrition from your diet you should get more than enough of the basics. If you've got a deficiency, you need to address the root cause (diet & lifestyle) rather than popping pills. The thing is, a lot of people in western countries don't get good nutrition........they're overfed and undernourished.

Having said that, one area where supplements are beneficial is for older people. Your body organs and internal processing lose efficiency as you age. There are quite a few supplements that are scientifically proven to increase efficiency and help counteract aging that are worth taking.

So. you are saying to take a supplement ( vitamin ) ... lol .. at the end of your diatribe .. lol

1 hour ago, Mr Mosquito said:

Read again......for older people only and you don't need to supplement basics. Anti-lol   rolleyes.gif 

Agreed that for older people in western, cold countries who live mostly inside and without activity they can usefull.

Decent food...well, a regime based on burgers, pizzas and beans on toast, the whole lot covered with ketchup is not gonna help your health ....

• Thumbs Up 1