Snooker

coxyhog

55 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Did they stop live coverage for you guys when Thorburn retired ? 😉

Thorburn, Werbuniuk and Kirk Stevens all classic Canadian players. Seen them all live playing. Did they call Thorburn the "grinder"? 

Loved watching him and some of the other great names from the past.. Reardon, Spencer, Mountjoy, Perry Man's from South Africa, Graham Miles, Griffiths, Fred Davies, John pullman even Virgo and Jim Meadowcroft my local snooker hero. Missed many I know but I'm a bit pissed right now to remember any more. 

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

Thorburn, Werbuniuk and Kirk Stevens all classic Canadian players. Seen them all live playing. Did they call Thorburn the "grinder"? 

Loved watching him and some of the other great names from the past.. Reardon, Spencer, Mountjoy, Perry Man's from South Africa, Graham Miles, Griffiths, Fred Davies, John pullman even Virgo and Jim Meadowcroft my local snooker hero. Missed many I know but I'm a bit pissed right now to remember any more. 

Used to love watching Pot Black ... once we had a colour tv .. 😉 

• Thumbs Up 1

Things not looking so good for Ronnie against Selby but you never know. He is trailing 8 - 11 as from now but in a 33 frame match everything could change. Some great snooker from both giants of the game whoever wins. Look forward to the rest of the match

Will we see a live audience for the final?  It is possible

23 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Ronnie is still not firing on all cylinders,  but I feel for him as he has had bad luck on 3 occasions which potentially cost him the frames. The score should be equal really. Hopefully tonight he won't get so many bad contacts. 

He is 4 games down in this current session.  His long pots have let him down a fair bit. Still want him to win.

53 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

Two fantastic matches  in the Semis. 

Ronnie just pipped it in the end

Two of the best matches I have ever seen

Wilson v O'Sullivan  final

I fancy Ronnie for the title

Wilson's final frame had everything, what a game . . 

Did you see the interviews afterwards? Ronnie wouldn't shut up about finding a cue action and Selby felt Ronnie disrespected him by smashing the balls when he was in a snooker.

Can't wait for the final and like you, I think Ronnie will win it, possibly relatively easily.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

Two fantastic matches  in the Semis. 

Ronnie just pipped it in the end

Two of the best matches I have ever seen

Wilson v O'Sullivan  final

I fancy Ronnie for the title

WOW WOW WOW

did I say WOW,

I only just caught up with my recordings of the semi final, never have I seen a day at the Crucible like it.

Absolutely brilliant.

• Thumbs Up 2

16 hours ago, Britboy said:

Wilson's final frame had everything, what a game . . 

Did you see the interviews afterwards? Ronnie wouldn't shut up about finding a cue action and Selby felt Ronnie disrespected him by smashing the balls when he was in a snooker.

Can't wait for the final and like you, I think Ronnie will win it, possibly relatively easily.

Selby wouldn't have thought it disrespectful if Ronnie had left him on after his thrash at the balls. Ronnie is perfectly in his rights to have a lash at any time.

He had his chance to clear at the end but screwed it up. Only himself to blame.

Great drama though!

If Wilson can get off to a decent start and get a rub or two early then we have a match on, if Ronnie gets going and freezes him out then it will be a runaway.

I think Ronnie will win either way.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, boydeste said:

Selby wouldn't have thought it disrespectful if Ronnie had left him on after his thrash at the balls. Ronnie is perfectly in his rights to have a lash at any time.

He had his chance to clear at the end but screwed it up. Only himself to blame.

Great drama though!

If Wilson can get off to a decent start and get a rub or two early then we have a match on, if Ronnie gets going and freezes him out then it will be a runaway.

I think Ronnie will win either way.

It was great drama and agree that it's up to Ronnie how he plays it. I often think about what a nightmare it would be if Ronnie did have a lash when in a snooker and smashed all the balls everywhere and the ref having to replace them. Nightmare.

4 hours ago, boydeste said:

Kyren struggling with nerves, very understandable but will get slaughtered if he doesn't settle down.

Fortunately he got 2 back at the end of the session, but as Hendry has said, Ronnie is there for the taking if Kieron plays it right. Won't take a lot to get Ronnie really frustrated.